Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] APR Carbon Fiber Sale

Old 04-14-2014, 05:47 PM
tgreenshields
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The APR carbon front splitter is really nice......but it needs a bit of work to correctly attach it to the fascia piece. I had to slightly drill the holes on the bottom of the splitter a bit larger so the OEM screws could pass through but I found better screws at ACE hardware that were stronger and with a smaller washer. I believe these were a diameter of #6 and 1 1/8 inches long and in black. These worked much better. I didn't use the double tape and drilled through the splitter air vents and then attached the ACE screws using a long phillips screwdriver. This allowed the splitter to attach in a stronger manner using more screws than in the APR directions that called for the absence of 4 screws and replacing those with double tape. The small 4 holes that I had drilled through the bottom of the vents were covered with small gloss black circles made from vinyl used at sign shops. It's stronger and looks great....and I can't see the small round vinyl circles. That double tape wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes at 120 mph plus.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:55 PM
Grim Reaper
Race Director

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19

The fender extensions, are they rear only or do they make a set for the front also? I have the side skirts on my Z but the front tires have nothing behind them to keep the rocks from hitting the rear quarters.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:17 PM
tgreenshields
Instructor

Originally Posted by Grim Reaper
The fender extensions, are they rear only or do they make a set for the front also? I have the side skirts on my Z but the front tires have nothing behind them to keep the rocks from hitting the rear quarters.
good question.....I use 3M or Llumac clear bra over those rear quarters...especially helps on track days. thanks.

Tim
Old 05-11-2014, 04:52 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 287 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Originally Posted by tgreenshields
good question.....I use 3M or Llumac clear bra over those rear quarters...especially helps on track days. thanks.

Tim
3M does work great!
Old 06-19-2014, 05:36 PM
ILS07
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny, I was thinking about ordering some CF stuff just this morning to go with my new wheels I ordered yesterday. Anyone know if that diffuser can accommodate the 4.5" Akrapovic tips?
Old 06-20-2014, 08:06 AM
Fabio-Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Hi josh from southerncarparts. I placed an order for the RPI side skirts and APR rear diffuser back in March. I got everything in Good order but I noticed two weeks ago when I was washing my car the the passenger side side skirt started bubbling??

Is that's common issue with these skirts? Do u or RPI provide warranty. I only had them on my car for a little over two months before this started.

Not that it should matter but I also only drive my car maybe 4 times a month and the rest of the time it's in the garage. Bubbling shouldn't happen.

Please help. I sent u a PM several days ago but didn't receive a response so I figured I'd try U here.

Thanks

Last edited by Fabio-Z06; 06-21-2017 at 12:34 PM.
Old 06-23-2014, 12:32 PM
Fabio-Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Bump
Old 07-03-2014, 07:12 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Fabio-Z06
Hi josh from southerncarparts. I placed an order for the RPI side skirts and APR rear diffuser back in March. I got everything in Good order but I noticed two weeks ago when I was washing my car the the passenger side side skirt started bubbling??

Is that's common issue with these skirts? Do u or RPI provide warranty. I only hadn't them on my car for a little over two month before this started.

Not that it should matter but I also only drive my car maybe 4 times a month and the rest of he time it's in the garage. Bubbling shouldn't happen.

Please help. I sent u a PM several days ago but didn't receive a response so I figured I'd try U here.

Thanks
Hi

Please PM us again, we'll help you out...
Old 08-26-2014, 05:25 PM
Z06hopeful
Advanced

Originally Posted by southerncarparts
We all know there is a ton of Carbon Fiber Corvette body components on the market with a huge variation in prices. We sell lots of different suppliers carbon fiber components and APR Performance is one of the ones that we consistently get positive feedback on and never ever hear of fitment issues. Although the APR stuff is not the cheapest on the market, it is certainly one that has superior fitment and materials that are not sub par.

With all that said, we are going to run a Free Shipping sale on most all our APR Performance Carbon Fiber products. This is not one of those "free shipping sales" where we jack up our prices to cover shipping, prices stay the same as they have been and are as low as we are allowed to offer them without getting in trouble with APR and on top of that free shipping.

As most of you know, shipping on side skirts or or a front air dam is anywhere from 150.00 - 200 bucks (depending on where it is shipping) so the additional savings is pretty significant. All APR items are included in this sale with links below.

Sale includes the

APR Carbon Fiber Corvette Z06 Front Air Dam Version 1

APR Carbon Fiber Corvette Z06 Front Air Dam Version 2

Carbon Fiber Corvette C6 (Non z06) front Air Dam

APR Carbon Fiber Corvette Side Skirts

APR Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler

APR Corvette Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser

Corvette C6 ZR1 Carbon Fiber Fender Extensions

Use the links above to order...most everything is in stock (at the moment).

Thanks,
Dave
Hey Dave... so per your last post.. click on the link to order??
Old 08-26-2014, 07:36 PM
Z06hopeful
Advanced

Originally Posted by z06hopeful
hey dave... So per your last post.. Click on the link to order??
done
Old 09-08-2014, 09:34 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Z06hopeful
done
Thanks!
Old 03-16-2015, 08:16 PM
EnginerdVT
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 68 Posts

We all know there is a ton of Carbon Fiber Corvette body components on the market with a huge variation in prices. We sell lots of different suppliers carbon fiber components and APR Performance is one of the ones that we consistently get positive feedback on and never ever hear of fitment issues. Although the APR stuff is not the cheapest on the market, it is certainly one that has superior fitment and materials that are not sub par.

With all that said, we are going to run a Free Shipping sale on most all our APR Performance Carbon Fiber products. This is not one of those "free shipping sales" where we jack up our prices to cover shipping, prices stay the same as they have been and are as low as we are allowed to offer them without getting in trouble with APR and on top of that free shipping.

As most of you know, shipping on side skirts or or a front air dam is anywhere from 150.00 - 200 bucks (depending on where it is shipping) so the additional savings is pretty significant. All APR items are included in this sale with links below.

Sale includes the

Thanks,
Dave
PM sent on Front Undertray VII splitter and side skirts for 2008 Z... Would need them ASAP, the PM explains.
Old 06-04-2015, 11:27 PM
Blk 08 C6
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

can you check the status on my order please.order#50844.order placed on 27 May 2015.thanks.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:36 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Old 08-19-2016, 11:11 PM
Jay9722
Intermediate

What is the wing on the tail of the yellow C6 with the carbon fiber front air dam? I can't really make it out but it looks really cool.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:03 PM
Jomping777
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Sale includes the

Thanks,
Dave

How much is the front air dam Version 1, side skirt and rear deck spoiler for a 2007 Z06 shipped to 76548. Also, how long will it take to receive the items?
Old 03-02-2018, 10:24 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Sale includes the

Thanks,
Dave

Get notified of new replies

To APR Carbon Fiber Sale

Old 03-04-2018, 12:31 PM
heavychevy357
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 53 Posts

Is the bumper reinforcement needed with the Version 1 APR splitter?
Old 03-05-2018, 10:46 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by heavychevy357
Is the bumper reinforcement needed with the Version 1 APR splitter?
For the vast majority of applications I would say no. The built-in undertray support offers plenty of stability, even during high speed driving.
Old 03-06-2018, 07:40 AM
heavychevy357
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 53 Posts

Okay thank you. I do run the car up to 160-170mph from a couple times a week. Still okay without the reinforcement?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] APR Carbon Fiber Sale