Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Factory ZR1 Emblems

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2022, 01:36 PM
ky13
Drifting

Received 133 Likes on 96 Posts
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
Default Factory ZR1 Emblems

I ordered a set of factory ZR1 emblems from Corvette Central, but they appear to be reproductions. Did the ZR1 emblems change at all over the years (C6 model years, I mean)? These also have imperfections in the blue '1.' Will post a pic shortly.
Old 10-27-2022, 01:39 PM
ky13
Drifting

Removed factory emblem on top. Replacement on the bottom. Notice the black smudge in the 1. All of the new ones have the same imperfection. Ugh.

Old 10-27-2022, 03:00 PM
zeus79
Racer

Received 106 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by ky13
Removed factory emblem on top. Replacement on the bottom. Notice the black smudge in the 1. All of the new ones have the same imperfection. Ugh.

Yeah that sucks. I don’t think you can get OEM ones anymore unless it’s from a parted out vehicle.
Old 10-27-2022, 03:12 PM
ky13
Drifting

Yeah. I might just finish peeling the adhesive from the factory emblems and try to replicate the adhesive as best as possible before reinstalling. In the garbage these repros go.
The following users liked this post:
zeus79 (10-27-2022)
Old 10-27-2022, 08:27 PM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,066 Likes on 2,073 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Just make sure you tell Corvette Central that your not happy with the purchase ...

On phone and not just an email.
Old 10-28-2022, 09:21 AM
Too-Fast
Safety Car

Received 790 Likes on 534 Posts
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I believe what you are encountering is GM replacement vs. NOS (New Old Stock). Most people do not realize that GM replacement parts are not always exact duplicates of the original parts. Once the originals are gone, then the replacements take over as originals. What you need to find are a set of NOS emblems; those from the original runs that were used to build the cars. Generally the only way to find them are at a dealer that might still have them sitting on a shelf. I encountered this on my '92 years ago. The car was 10 years old at the time and I was trying to find an OEM gas door emblem (the originals where pot metal). GM had changed the replacement design to plastic. The shop I was dealing with found an NOS emblem at a Chevy dealer out in California.
Old 10-28-2022, 09:50 AM
ky13
Drifting

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA
Just make sure you tell Corvette Central that your not happy with the purchase ...

On phone and not just an email.
Will do.

Originally Posted by Too-Fast
I believe what you are encountering is GM replacement vs. NOS (New Old Stock). Most people do not realize that GM replacement parts are not always exact duplicates of the original parts. Once the originals are gone, then the replacements take over as originals. What you need to find are a set of NOS emblems; those from the original runs that were used to build the cars. Generally the only way to find them are at a dealer that might still have them sitting on a shelf. I encountered this on my '92 years ago. The car was 10 years old at the time and I was trying to find an OEM gas door emblem (the originals where pot metal). GM had changed the replacement design to plastic. The shop I was dealing with found an NOS emblem at a Chevy dealer out in California.
Appreciate the information. I wish the replacement was of better quality. The glue leaking through the 1 kills it for me.
Too-Fast (10-28-2022)
Old 10-28-2022, 10:44 PM
JEFF WHITTINGTON
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ky13
Will do.

Appreciate the information. I wish the replacement was of better quality. The glue leaking through the 1 kills it for me.
I had the same problem. After I got the first emblems from place on eBay I ordered from, I saw the smudges in the 1 also. They are Chinese junk. In defense of the seller on eBay, I informed him of this defect and he took em back and said he would look into it because he had just bought a bunch of these badges, with what he thought was NOS from another place. I kept lookin for these badges and anytime I found any on eBay I would message seller to make sure the badges he had, didn’t have the smudges on the 1. They all did. I finally found a guy on eBay that had genuine GM ZR1 badges. He knows there discontinued, so I paid for em. 😬 Guess it all depends on if you can put up with the smudged up 1. I couldn’t! 🤣
Old 10-28-2022, 11:11 PM
ky13
Drifting

Originally Posted by JEFF WHITTINGTON
I had the same problem. After I got the first emblems from place on eBay I ordered from, I saw the smudges in the 1 also. They are Chinese junk. In defense of the seller on eBay, I informed him of this defect and he took em back and said he would look into it because he had just bought a bunch of these badges, with what he thought was NOS from another place. I kept lookin for these badges and anytime I found any on eBay I would message seller to make sure the badges he had, didn’t have the smudges on the 1. They all did. I finally found a guy on eBay that had genuine GM ZR1 badges. He knows there discontinued, so I paid for em. 😬 Guess it all depends on if you can put up with the smudged up 1. I couldn’t! 🤣
Thanks for the reply! Before ordering from Corvette Central, I noticed a seller on eBay whose list price was considerably higher than others. Wonder if his are NOS. I think I'm just going to install new OEM crossed flags and that's it. My license plate says 'Z ARR 1' so I'm sure that helps eliminate ambiguity hah. I guess another option would be to just paint the 1s. I do like the 'supercharged' paint on the new emblems compared to factory (lighter shade of blue with metal flake). I'll probably end up putting on one on my tuning laptop.

JEFF WHITTINGTON (10-28-2022)
Old 11-02-2022, 09:04 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 8,771 Likes on 4,219 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

Another option could be to have the OEM emblem replicated in a decal. I did this for the Z06 emblems because I hate cleaning around plastic emblems. Had it done for the front & rear cross-flags (looked really good) but with the guide pin holes, I just took apart and painted the OEM emblems.

CKSIX (11-03-2022)
Old 11-03-2022, 10:12 AM
ZR1Cat
Drifting

Received 99 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by JABCAT
Another option could be to have the OEM emblem replicated in a decal. I did this for the Z06 emblems because I hate cleaning around plastic emblems. Had it done for the front & rear cross-flags (looked really good) but with the guide pin holes, I just took apart and painted the OEM emblems.

That's a good idea. It solves the unobtainable problem and makes for easy cleaning and waxing. I used a similar approach on mt 1990 454 SS truck that had large decals that collected wax due to decal thickness. When i had the truck repainted with fresh NOS decals, they applied the clear coat over the decals for an exceptionally clean appearance and easy cleaning and waxing.

JABCAT (11-03-2022)
Old 11-03-2022, 12:11 PM
ky13
Drifting

I like the decal idea!
JABCAT (11-03-2022)

Get notified of new replies

To Factory ZR1 Emblems