Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] KATECH TRACK ATTACK 2012 official thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 04:50 PM
Katech_Zach
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 966 Likes on 528 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

We will be holding a lottery to determine who gets to have Lainey as an instructor. Proceeds to charity.

(e) zach@katechengines.com
Old 04-30-2012, 05:13 PM
SLandstra_Z06
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Katech_Jason
We will be holding a lottery to determine who gets to have Lainey as an instructor. Proceeds to charity.
She's a true track girl. Here's a shot from our wedding a year ago, when we were married at the Rolex 24 in victory lane.

It only took me 50 years to find the right woman for me. Glad I started instructing for the PCA...

Jason, do you really think the guys are going to want an unproven, new instructor (Lainey) or a proven professional like Mike or me??? Mike and I will be hurt if we have to sit around for two days looking for students...
Old 04-30-2012, 05:38 PM
Everett Ogilvie
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SLandstra_Z06
She's a true track girl. Here's a shot from our wedding a year ago, when we were married at the Rolex 24 in victory lane.

It only took me 50 years to find the right woman for me. Glad I started instructing for the PCA...

Jason, do you really think the guys are going to want an unproven, new instructor (Lainey) or a proven professional like Mike or me??? Mike and I will be hurt if we have to sit around for two days looking for students...
I will take the unproven, new instructor please.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:46 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Jason, do you really think the guys are going to want an unproven, new instructor (Lainey)
Steve,

She'll do great! I remember her driving my Cadillac last year and she drove stick shift perfectly. (When we got out I didn't have the heart to tell her my car was an automatic.)

Mike
Old 04-30-2012, 05:55 PM
SLandstra_Z06
Pro

Originally Posted by Short-Throw
Steve,

She'll do great! I remember her driving my Cadillac last year and she drove stick shift perfectly. (When we got out I didn't have the heart to tell her my car was an automatic.)

Mike
LMAO. Nice comeback, Mike... I can always count on that!!!
Old 04-30-2012, 09:24 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Unproven for me! Us old dogs like to learn new things. Hey, I thought she was going to instruct at VIR?

Jim
Old 05-01-2012, 01:41 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Since we're hauling the trailer out from Salt Lake City, can we get a roll call from other folks coming out from long distances?
Old 05-01-2012, 02:27 PM
morris
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Lisa and I are coming from the Memphis TN area.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:28 PM
Werks
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Pfadt Racing
Since we're hauling the trailer out from Salt Lake City, can we get a roll call from other folks coming out from long distances?
I think that we are just about the furthest. I believe that Frenchy is also hauling his trailer up from Ventura too On a side note I have a few questions about suspension settings with your stuff that I would like to ask you, will send you a PM shortly.

SLandstra_Z06, congratulations that must have been an awesome experience!
Old 05-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Werks
I'm coming! Looking forward to meeting all of you guys for the first time
Road Trip!

Would love to see caravans roll into Autobahn from all directions!

Pfadt -- What are you hauling out here?
Old 05-01-2012, 09:31 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Hell of a wedding! We still have our name tags.

Jim
Old 05-04-2012, 03:12 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by morris
Lisa and I are coming from the Memphis TN area.
Roger that!
Old 05-04-2012, 04:13 PM
morris
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

THat is so amazing!
Old 05-04-2012, 04:25 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Short-Throw
Road Trip!

Would love to see caravans roll into Autobahn from all directions!

Pfadt -- What are you hauling out here?
Well the Wednesday after Track Attack is load in day for the Camaro5 Fest in Indianapolis. So we are likely taking our Black C6Z equipped with one of our suspension packages as well as our 5th Gen Camaro... or potentially something a little faster that's been recently introduced into the Camaro lineup.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:38 PM
Werks
Drifting

Well the Wednesday after Track Attack is load in day for the Camaro5 Fest in Indianapolis. So we are likely taking our Black C6Z equipped with one of our suspension packages as well as our 5th Gen Camaro... or potentially something a little faster that's been recently introduced into the Camaro lineup.
Well that nixes the transport question in my PM but if you would please get back to me on the suspension questions that I PM'd you about a couple of days ago.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:41 PM
DON T.
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First track event ever

my z was shipped to katech in early april for stage one and coilovers,new tires and caravaggio seats and other interior pieces and its an understatement the help jason has been in helping me build the dream car iv allways wanted. as im sure yall would feel, i miss my z bad,and i wanted to get her back as soon as possible!! but when jason mentioned track attack, that was something i could not pass up! and the education ill get learning how to really drive this machine is priceless and im counting the days. one question, could anyone give some feedback on the caravaggio race seat as in being confortable behind the wheel for extended periods of time and just overall satisfaction with the seat. to everyone and look forward to a fantastic time at track attack 2012
Old 05-04-2012, 11:26 PM
Werks
Drifting

Originally Posted by DON T.
my z was shipped to katech in early april for stage one and coilovers,new tires and caravaggio seats and other interior pieces and its an understatement the help jason has been in helping me build the dream car iv allways wanted. as im sure yall would feel, i miss my z bad,and i wanted to get her back as soon as possible!! but when jason mentioned track attack, that was something i could not pass up! and the education ill get learning how to really drive this machine is priceless and im counting the days. one question, could anyone give some feedback on the caravaggio race seat as in being confortable behind the wheel for extended periods of time and just overall satisfaction with the seat. to everyone and look forward to a fantastic time at track attack 2012
Congrats again on deciding to go with Katech. As I mentioned when you were talking thinking about it they are great people to work with and won't steer you wrong! I sent my car over in October so I'm right there with you on wanting to my baby back too. I'm going to get to see mine for the first time at the NCM VIR event in June where Jason is being kind enough to take it over to. Then I'm flying back in July for TA2012 and look forward to getting the opportunity to meet you and all of the other Katech car owners and take a look at your new baby!

In regards to the Caravaggio Race seats, I have friend that have them and they are surprisingly comfortable for longer drives (they have more padding than normal bucket type race seats) and of course the level of quality and craftsmanship that he brings to the table with his products is quite simply first class. If you have never seen his stuff in person all that I can say is it might take him forever and half to make the stuff but when you do see it, you are going to be impressed

Get notified of new replies

To KATECH TRACK ATTACK 2012 official thread

Old 05-05-2012, 10:24 AM
DON T.
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Werks
Congrats again on deciding to go with Katech. As I mentioned when you were talking thinking about it they are great people to work with and won't steer you wrong! I sent my car over in October so I'm right there with you on wanting to my baby back too. I'm going to get to see mine for the first time at the NCM VIR event in June where Jason is being kind enough to take it over to. Then I'm flying back in July for TA2012 and look forward to getting the opportunity to meet you and all of the other Katech car owners and take a look at your new baby!

In regards to the Caravaggio Race seats, I have friend that have them and they are surprisingly comfortable for longer drives (they have more padding than normal bucket type race seats) and of course the level of quality and craftsmanship that he brings to the table with his products is quite simply first class. If you have never seen his stuff in person all that I can say is it might take him forever and half to make the stuff but when you do see it, you are going to be impressed
hey mr werks is this just not the coolest thing ever, i never had any idea that buying a zo6 corvette would eventually lead to all this. well have to get jason to take a group pic of our zs being transformed into a katech zo6s im flying in on the sunday the 29th at around 11am at o'hare, so by then im sure myself and others can team up and load up a taxie and get to the hotel and start the party. i can not wait tp see my transformed machine. ill be in the slow group at first as i have zero experience at road course racing!!! thanks for your imput on the caravaggio seats and will see you live and in person at TRACK ATTACK
Old 05-05-2012, 11:09 PM
Frenchican
Safety Car

Looks like we got us a convoy!
Old 05-06-2012, 09:31 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Frenchican
Looks like we got us a convoy!
Hey, Tommy, Beer July 29, 2012. It is time for you guys to leave to make it on time!

Jim

Quick Reply: [Z06] KATECH TRACK ATTACK 2012 official thread