Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Wild 2 Mild Broken Remote

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 06:44 AM
Iflyguns
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wild 2 Mild Broken Remote

Can I program another remote or use one of my Homelink visor buttons?

One of my remotes fell apart due a loose screw and I've recovered everything except for the rubber buttons. I tried to work with Ed at Nakidparts (Wild 2 Mild) to buy another remote but if I told you working with that bunch is like pulling teeth it would be a gross understatement, probably some of the worst customer service ever. In any case, what I'm being told is my remote, or any of our remotes for that matter, cannot be replaced. They won’t even give me another remote for parts so I can build my own from the parts I have left. I'll provide one of Ed's "nicer" responses:

"I don’t sell remotes, they all come as sets with the receiver, no other remotes will work so to get back to my original answer, it cannot be replaced, trust me. You have one working remote and one is all you need."
Nice huh?!?

Oh and don't try to call them to work out any potential email communication issues, Ed will not provide a phone number...trust me.

I'd like to close in saying, I'm not sure if having a Wild 2 Mild is really a needed accessory especially with Ed’s very sorry customer service and attitude. I figured I owed the members of this forum some integrity and information regarding my experience.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:24 AM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,047 Likes on 821 Posts

I'll assume you do not have or did not get the second FOB when you bought your car since you make no mention of a #2. All the exhaust controller contraptions come with two FOBs.

Now IF you have to have one of these things?
Get a new one, from another vendor, & be done with it.
There's at least one other vendor selling a similar product, probably with newer improved feature(s).

While I can appreciate your gripe? $100 is not something to ruin a day over, IMO. Surely you've bigger fish to fry. If you're intent on having a louder exhaust, pull the #10 fuse & voila': loud @ $0 to you.

Lastly if this is something that you cannot/won't let go?
Find out exactly where this 'Ed' guy's located, fly over there in your machine & let'em have it. That'll teach'em.

Seriously, let it go. Life's too short.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:39 AM
haljensen
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Maybe there's a reason Nakid Parts is banned from the Forum?
Old 01-06-2012, 09:44 AM
Iflyguns
Instructor

Uhhh yeah.
Brother, $100 bones is $100 bones to me and getting over it well............. frankly, I already did, let it go, don't let much ruin a day trust me. This is all small potatoes in the grand scheme of things. However, I thank you for your wisdom and mentorship especially considering it’s so early in the morning.

One of the forum members stepped up and offered to help by building me another and sending it to me out of good will. I will gladly compensate the fine fellow in return.

Thanks,
Old 01-06-2012, 09:45 AM
Iflyguns
Instructor

Originally Posted by haljensen
Maybe there's a reason Nakid Parts is banned from the Forum?
Oh, that's telling and I thought it was just me and my "boyish" attitude!
Old 01-06-2012, 10:02 AM
m.whitmell
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Saw these on amazon.com cheap, forget what it was under.....maybe auto switches......
Old 01-06-2012, 10:07 AM
Iflyguns
Instructor

Originally Posted by m.whitmell
Saw these on amazon.com cheap, forget what it was under.....maybe auto switches......
Send me your address and I'll send you a beer my friend!

Remote Info follows:

http://www.amazon.com/Logisys-RM01-P...5862670&sr=8-2

Last edited by Iflyguns; 01-06-2012 at 10:11 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:10 AM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,042 Posts

Why not just buy a $5.00 switch from Radio Shack and hard wire the thing like a number of other members have done (including myself)? It's failsafe and you don't have to worry about remotes going out or flopping around car. Big switch for the Laser Interceptor, two small switches for exhaust and navigation reset.

Name:  P1010003.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  56.4 KB
Old 01-06-2012, 02:13 PM
Iflyguns
Instructor

I just wanted to pass this along.
ufaj26, quietly via a PM stepped up to the plate in the very beginning to let me know he could build one for me and didn't want anything in return.

Great site, better folks!

Thanks all

Tony

Last edited by Iflyguns; 01-06-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:49 PM
RUBYREDVET
Race Director

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Iflyguns
Send me your address and I'll send you a beer my friend!

Remote Info follows:

http://www.amazon.com/Logisys-RM01-P...5862670&sr=8-2
Amazing that Nakid Parts wouldn't sell just the remotes. If he had quoted you $25.00 for a pair, you probably would have bought and they would have kept a happy customer.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:43 PM
z10
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I have an 06 Z with Homelink. I've got mine programed through the Homelink. I've never used the remotes. I do think Chevy made a change in 08 and stopped using Homelink.

But, it just dawned on me that with out the original remote, you won't be able to program the Homelink.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:13 AM
strev
Heel & Toe

I wonder why they sell their sets with two remotes if one is all you need. I am in a similar position where one remote is lost and I'd like to have a backup. I found some on eBay, so not an issue. Nice to see that folks on the Forum have helped you out.

Originally Posted by Iflyguns
Can I program another remote or use one of my Homelink visor buttons?

One of my remotes fell apart due a loose screw and I've recovered everything except for the rubber buttons. I tried to work with Ed at Nakidparts (Wild 2 Mild) to buy another remote but if I told you working with that bunch is like pulling teeth it would be a gross understatement, probably some of the worst customer service ever. In any case, what I'm being told is my remote, or any of our remotes for that matter, cannot be replaced. They won’t even give me another remote for parts so I can build my own from the parts I have left. I'll provide one of Ed's "nicer" responses:

"I don’t sell remotes, they all come as sets with the receiver, no other remotes will work so to get back to my original answer, it cannot be replaced, trust me. You have one working remote and one is all you need."
Nice huh?!?

Oh and don't try to call them to work out any potential email communication issues, Ed will not provide a phone number...trust me.

I'd like to close in saying, I'm not sure if having a Wild 2 Mild is really a needed accessory especially with Ed’s very sorry customer service and attitude. I figured I owed the members of this forum some integrity and information regarding my experience.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:47 AM
fisher auto
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by 383vett
Why not just buy a $5.00 switch from Radio Shack and hard wire the thing like a number of other members have done (including myself)? It's failsafe and you don't have to worry about remotes going out or flopping around car. Big switch for the Laser Interceptor, two small switches for exhaust and navigation reset.

Yea thats what I did. I had consider these remotes set ups for a while and couldn't justify the cash. Mines in the glove box, pop the door throw the switch, done!
Old 06-07-2012, 10:43 PM
BrianKing67
Cruising

Anyone purchased remotes from amazon and used with m2w? Do they "communicate" ?
Old 06-08-2012, 12:43 PM
Andydp
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry you had problems with that "vendor". For the life of me I can't believe that person would rather lose future business than replace a crummy $ 20 part. Face it, in such a small "community" word will get around very fast about this treatment. On the plus side I'm happy to see how helpful people are on this site.

I went the "old School" route via the foot pedal switch. Biggest problem I had was stringing the wires over the "hump". (My son came to help). Next problem I had to resolve was where to put the power lead. Old diagram was not helpful. Worked it out myself, no problems so far.

Corvette Central was very helpful in resolving another issue but I'm sure they would have helped a lot better than your "vendor".

Speaking from limited experience, I've found that for "common items" M to W, car covers, floor mats etc etc. 90% of the vendors here are within a few dollars of each other (and I mean few dollars).

I have also gone to the local Corvette shop and ordered through them. This saves shipping and provides income for local businesses.

One thing that "unsold" me from the fob/homelink route was you had to "shut off" (ie make it mild) every time you started up your vehicle. Unless I misunderstood the directions, when using homelink it reverted to "open" when you shut the Vette off. (<< If this is wrong please correct me - I wil NOT be insulted)
Old 06-08-2012, 07:46 PM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Received 382 Likes on 306 Posts

I gotta say Ive bought many things from the mentioned vendor and I found his customer service to be he best Ive ever come across. I know the man personally and find him to be very honorable and trust worthy. Theres 2 sides to every story and Ed cant defend himself here.My 02 cents

Clif
Old 06-09-2012, 12:29 PM
xcutter
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by z06clif
I gotta say Ive bought many things from the mentioned vendor and I found his customer service to be he best Ive ever come across. I know the man personally and find him to be very honorable and trust worthy. Theres 2 sides to every story and Ed cant defend himself here.My 02 cents

Clif
I had many dealings and always got great service from Ed at Nakidparts.

Get notified of new replies

To Wild 2 Mild Broken Remote

Old 06-09-2012, 01:41 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by Andydp
Sorry you had problems with that "vendor". For the life of me I can't believe that person would rather lose future business than replace a crummy $ 20 part. Face it, in such a small "community" word will get around very fast about this treatment. On the plus side I'm happy to see how helpful people are on this site.

I went the "old School" route via the foot pedal switch. Biggest problem I had was stringing the wires over the "hump". (My son came to help). Next problem I had to resolve was where to put the power lead. Old diagram was not helpful. Worked it out myself, no problems so far.

Corvette Central was very helpful in resolving another issue but I'm sure they would have helped a lot better than your "vendor".

Speaking from limited experience, I've found that for "common items" M to W, car covers, floor mats etc etc. 90% of the vendors here are within a few dollars of each other (and I mean few dollars).

I have also gone to the local Corvette shop and ordered through them. This saves shipping and provides income for local businesses.

One thing that "unsold" me from the fob/homelink route was you had to "shut off" (ie make it mild) every time you started up your vehicle. Unless I misunderstood the directions, when using homelink it reverted to "open" when you shut the Vette off. (<< If this is wrong please correct me - I wil NOT be insulted)
Actually, it may cost the vendor the entire price of the unit. If the manufacturer( in China???)only sells the vendor the complete unit, then if the vendor breaks up a complete kit, he is left with a unsaleable kit as it is no longer complete. When I was in the retail business, this was a problem.

Of course, an argument can be made that if the vendor sells a remote, then he can then sell the second remote to another customer, and then sell the main M2W unit to a third customer. Apparently the vendor feels that this alternative is a money losing method of running his business. What if a whole bunch of people ruin/loose their remotes, and the vendor breaks up a whole bunch of kits to sell the remotes, then he is left with a whole bunch of the main units which he can't sell. Unless he sells the two remotes for the price of a complete kit, then he is loosing money.
Old 06-09-2012, 04:02 PM
MachAll 2005
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JoesC5
Actually, it may cost the vendor the entire price of the unit. If the manufacturer( in China???)only sells the vendor the complete unit, then if the vendor breaks up a complete kit, he is left with a unsaleable kit as it is no longer complete. When I was in the retail business, this was a problem.

Of course, an argument can be made that if the vendor sells a remote, then he can then sell the second remote to another customer, and then sell the main M2W unit to a third customer. Apparently the vendor feels that this alternative is a money losing method of running his business. What if a whole bunch of people ruin/loose their remotes, and the vendor breaks up a whole bunch of kits to sell the remotes, then he is left with a whole bunch of the main units which he can't sell. Unless he sells the two remotes for the price of a complete kit, then he is loosing money.
I had the same thing though Ed was nice in explaining that each units remotes were unique to the specific unit.
Do a google search for "12 volt remote" and you will find the same system for around $16 ..... Just solder in the connections and be done.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:19 PM
BGCZO6
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by z06clif

Clif

Quick Reply: [Z06] Wild 2 Mild Broken Remote