Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Vette-Air WCCH-X Heads and Cam- Pump Gas #

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 09:53 PM
Cvette713
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vette-Air WCCH-X Heads and Cam- Pump Gas #

Finally after 3 weeks of waiting desperately I finally got my car back. Took my car to Vette-Air in DFW area, and decided to get the new (stage II) WCCH-X heads along with black widow cam package. The car is a beast and I couldn't be happier, and all on 93 oct. Carlos and Luke are great as they explained every little detail about the car to me. So if anyone is debating in doing this combo here is my results. Thanks again Carlos and Luke as you guys have been great with everything, and I will be seeing you for all my Z needs. Vette-Air
Mods are:
*WCCH-X heads by Vette-Air
* Black Widow Cam kit
*Ported Fast 102 Intake
*NW TB
*Halltech MF103 ram induction kit
*1 7/8 ARH Headers
*Stock C6Z06 Catback
*Stock Clutch
Stock# 438/411 SAE
H/C # 626/547 SAE
Old 12-13-2011, 10:29 PM
spra4u
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Those are some serious HP #'s..
Old 12-13-2011, 10:34 PM
screaminchevy
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Geez, that's a heck of a number with a streetable H/C set up.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:55 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Very solid numbers. Are you still running stock injectors? What compression ratio did you go with?
Old 12-13-2011, 11:02 PM
Cvette713
Instructor

I'm pretty sure Carlos will jump in and give more on the details about the build..
Old 12-13-2011, 11:41 PM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by lane_change
Very solid numbers. Are you still running stock injectors? What compression ratio did you go with?
Stock Injectors

Compression ratio 12.1

Our new WCCH-X heads allows for higher CR with pump gas and improved effeciency with less CC heat.

Thanks,
Carlos
Old 12-13-2011, 11:55 PM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Cvette713
I'm pretty sure Carlos will jump in and give more on the details about the build..
I'm here for you sir

Folks, please feel free to ask me any specific questions..

Thanks,
Carlos
Old 12-14-2011, 12:00 AM
SVTLOL
Racer

Best guys in the Business for sure built and tuned my c5 z and c6 z. my c6 z heads cam 50shot 700hp love it . LO Performance has been making crazy power with their heads and cam packages . And when it comes down to their work your car comes back cleaner than you dropped it off. And you have got to love when the car drives like stock but has so much more power.

Last edited by SVTLOL; 12-14-2011 at 10:38 AM.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:00 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

SIMPLY OUTSTANDING OP and Carlos, SIMPLY OUTSTANDING, you picked up 190 rwhp over stock!!

A BIG Congrats, talk about the perfect package and matched up components making HUGE n/a POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to start saving for a new clutch!

Carlos, what upgrades do these heads have to safeguard against the dropped valve concerns on LS7s?

Last edited by Mopar Jimmy; 12-14-2011 at 01:05 AM.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:37 AM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Mopar Jimmy
SIMPLY OUTSTANDING OP and Carlos, SIMPLY OUTSTANDING, you picked up 190 rwhp over stock!!

A BIG Congrats, talk about the perfect package and matched up components making HUGE n/a POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to start saving for a new clutch!

Carlos, what upgrades do these heads have to safeguard against the dropped valve concerns on LS7s?

Thanks Jimmy

Good guestion buddy! The heads are treated to a complete valve job plus all new bronze guides, new SS valves or new Ti valves upon request at an extra cost and so on.

Never experienced any valve dropping issues after modifying the heads...sort of getting in front of the curve before any potential disaster.

Thanks,
Carlos
Old 12-14-2011, 01:55 AM
Translator
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Ok, so no videos, but what about a dyno sheet for our pleasuring view. Especially interested in seeing the power under the curve as well
Old 12-14-2011, 01:58 AM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Received 582 Likes on 312 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Cvette713
Finally after 3 weeks of waiting desperately I finally got my car back. Took my car to Vette-Air in DFW area, and decided to get the new (stage II) WCCH-X heads along with black widow cam package. The car is a beast and I couldn't be happier, and all on 93 oct. Carlos and Luke are great as they explained every little detail about the car to me. So if anyone is debating in doing this combo here is my results. Thanks again Carlos and Luke as you guys have been great with everything, and I will be seeing you for all my Z needs. Vette-Air
Mods are:
*WCCH-X heads by Vette-Air
* Black Widow Cam kit
*Ported Fast 102 Intake
*NW TB
*Halltech Super Bee MF103 ram induction kit
*1 7/8 ARH Headers
*Stock C6Z06 Catback
*Stock Clutch
Stock# 438/411 SAE
H/C # 626/547 SAE
Serious numbers to bee sure. Carlos, what did you do to the WCCHs? Anything?

Stock Titanium Intakes and Full jacketed hollow point exhausts?

"World Class Performance for your Corvette"
Intake Design and Engineering since 1999
Halltech Systems, LLC
262-510-7600

For service email:
orders@halltechsystems.com

www.halltechsystems.com

Old 12-14-2011, 02:36 AM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Translator
Ok, so no videos, but what about a dyno sheet for our pleasuring view. Especially interested in seeing the power under the curve as well
OP have dyno sheets; he can post if he likes.

I prefer seeing the customers do their own pics and videos posting.

In fact, I encourage they visit an independent dyno if they care to.

Thanks,
Carlos
Old 12-14-2011, 02:38 AM
Translator
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Myhardtop
OP have dyno sheets; he can post if he likes.

I prefer seeing the customers do their own pics and videos posting.

In fact, I encourage they visit an independent dyno if they care to.

Thanks,
Carlos
Old 12-14-2011, 02:54 AM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Halltech
Serious numbers to bee sure. Carlos, what did you do to the WCCHs? Anything?

Stock Titanium Intakes and Full jacketed hollow point exhausts?
Jimbo,

What did I do to the heads? I looked at them and touched them

The worked done is top secret amigo Our new X-heads program was achieved after experimenting with three sets of real LS7 casting with plenty of dyno testing and re-testing. As you can imagine, this was a very expensive and time burning endeavor but well worth it.

In fact, my old 660rwhp heads are now a thing of the past. Now I'm sporting these new heads. And although power remain roughly the same, fuel flexibility has improved. I can now run either E85 with the same timing as with 93oct or more timing in the upper R's if only on E85 thus resulting in slight HP increase but more TQ vs. 930ct. TQ with E85 is even fatter and tip-in throttle is much more snappier. Here is the thing, I can make the same power as before without having to run as much CR.

I prefer running E85 with added timing in the low and high R's and thus having that enless feel of constant power pull. The point is, you do not have be totally committed to running only E85.

Greater efficiency, less gas temps and so on are some of the new attributing factors.

Yes, stock intake Ti remains.

Thanks,
Carlos

Last edited by Myhardtop; 12-14-2011 at 03:16 AM.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:27 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Thanks Jimmy

Good guestion buddy! The heads are treated to a complete valve job plus all new bronze guides, new SS valves or new Ti valves upon request at an extra cost and so on.

Never experienced any valve dropping issues after modifying the heads...sort of getting in front of the curve before any potential disaster.

Thanks,
Carlos
FANTASTIC Carlos, what a GREAT heads/cam set-up. IF I ever go this route I know who I am calling. May have to fly you into Chicago one of these days Amigo!
Old 12-14-2011, 10:44 AM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Mopar Jimmy
FANTASTIC Carlos, what a GREAT heads/cam set-up. IF I ever go this route I know who I am calling. May have to fly you into Chicago one of these days Amigo!
Thanks dude

I hear Chicago is a nice city. I would love to see Wrigley field and Soldier field, go up the Sears tower (willis tower), spend a day in Navy Pier and so on.

Wait, I've done all those things before...I'm from Chicago and will be going home late next week

If you have a tune and/or wanting a re-tune just let me know, we can hook up and I can tune it for you...weather permitting.

Thanks,
Carlos

Get notified of new replies

To Vette-Air WCCH-X Heads and Cam- Pump Gas #

Old 12-14-2011, 10:46 AM
kutlow
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 135 Posts

Carlos you have came up with an awesome package here.

Is this the revised widow cam?

Had this customer chosen the 2" ARH would the dyno been alittle higher?

If this car had the RPS BC2 clutch would it gained any rwhp?

Pm me a total price of this package like you done for this gentleman with a z06 in stock form.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:28 AM
MTIRC6Z
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks dude

I hear Chicago is a nice city. I would love to see Wrigley field and Soldier field, go up the Sears tower (willis tower), spend a day in Navy Pier and so on.

Wait, I've done all those things before...I'm from Chicago and will be going home late next week

If you have a tune and/or wanting a re-tune just let me know, we can hook up and I can tune it for you...weather permitting.

Thanks,
Carlos
There you go Jimmy, what an offer, a guy like Carlos with his hand actually ON your Z06 tuning it...you'd be nuts to turn down an offer like that.

Hey Carlos, I don't see any specs on the Black widow cam on your site, kinda figure I know why that is, but can you at least say how many degrees of overlap it has and roughly how much lift (like is it over .650)?

Cheers, Paul.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:48 PM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by kutlow
Carlos you have came up with an awesome package here.

Is this the revised widow cam?

Had this customer chosen the 2" ARH would the dyno been alittle higher?

If this car had the RPS BC2 clutch would it gained any rwhp?

Pm me a total price of this package like you done for this gentleman with a z06 in stock form.

Mr. Kutlow,

Thanks!

It was hard work I tell ya. Trying to improve on our previous E85 macho heads was a monumental task. Mainly because I wanted greater flexibility, meaning, be able to run pump gas and E85. In other words, I wanted greater efficiency and yet not having to make too many fueling compromises. Yes, I drove poor Richard nuts!!!

The answer was there all along, we just needed to go further outside the box. Greater revision to our angle milling, improved CC work and valve job and son allows our new X-heads to meet these goals…there, a let a little info out of the bag. And of course, the key to all this is also tuning.

Quite frankly, most guys are making between 605 and 612 with this set up on PUMP GAS in the heat of Texas. Torque falls around the 548 and 557 range. The OP Z benefitted from some unseasonably cool air this past Saturday night, even so, his back to back to back dyno beat down still yielded a 613 to 618 avg. vs. his 626 best. In the end, I even pushed for a fatter A/F mix of 12.2 and timing down into the 17* and 20* range and the thing still manage to pull a 606rwhp avg. That’s how efficient these new X-heads are.

As you stated, bigger headers and an aftermarket clutch would have certainly provided us with greater RWHP gains, but would have needed bigger injectors which means more money.

Heads $1550
Cam kit $725
Halltech CAI kit $499
ARH kit $1699
Fast intake $899
Tuning $499
Bolts/gaskets $199
Install $1600

Thanks,
Carlos

Quick Reply: [Z06] Vette-Air WCCH-X Heads and Cam- Pump Gas #