Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Vette-Air WCCH-X Heads and Cam- Pump Gas #

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 12:53 PM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by MTIRC6Z
There you go Jimmy, what an offer, a guy like Carlos with his hand actually ON your Z06 tuning it...you'd be nuts to turn down an offer like that.

Hey Carlos, I don't see any specs on the Black widow cam on your site, kinda figure I know why that is, but can you at least say how many degrees of overlap it has and roughly how much lift (like is it over .650)?

Cheers, Paul.
Paul,

The revised Widow cam specs are kept saved between the ears of certain individuals...getting it out is tought to do.

However, once a customer purchases a cam kit from us, he/she gets ALL the juicy details and built sheet.

Thanks,
Carlos
Old 12-14-2011, 02:08 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Myhardtop
Thanks dude

I hear Chicago is a nice city. I would love to see Wrigley field and Soldier field, go up the Sears tower (willis tower), spend a day in Navy Pier and so on.

Wait, I've done all those things before...I'm from Chicago and will be going home late next week

If you have a tune and/or wanting a re-tune just let me know, we can hook up and I can tune it for you...weather permitting.

Thanks,
Carlos
I recall very well Carlos that you are a Chicagoan, and I thank you for your generous offer to tune my Z over the Christmas Holiday!

I am thinking maybe in a year or so from now, I will have Santa bring with you this EXACT package making over 600rwhp on pump gas, and then have you install and tune it, as I am SOLD on this package and if I ever go with heads & cam to make BIG POWER, this is the way I will go!

Have a great Christmas Amigo!!
Old 12-14-2011, 03:11 PM
MTIRC6Z
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Myhardtop
Paul,

The revised Widow cam specs are kept saved between the ears of certain individuals...getting it out is tought to do.

However, once a customer purchases a cam kit from us, he/she gets ALL the juicy details and built sheet.

Thanks,
Carlos
Can't say I'd ever buy anything without at least knowing overlap and roughly how much the lift is...man if you can let that little out of the bag you're far more insecure than I ever imagined I mean it's not like I asked you duration or what lobe you were using, nevermind what the opening and closing events are. I guess if you deal with customers who don't have a clue it's easier staying so tight lipped...feel free to PM me if it's public disclosure that's scaring you off.

Hey I've got an awesome deal on some land in Florida, trust me, just buy it and I'll let you see it later.

Cheers, Paul.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:55 PM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Can't say I'd ever buy anything without at least knowing overlap and roughly how much the lift is...man if you can let that little out of the bag you're far more insecure than I ever imagined I mean it's not like I asked you duration or what lobe you were using, nevermind what the opening and closing events are. I guess if you deal with customers who don't have a clue it's easier staying so tight lipped...feel free to PM me if it's public disclosure that's scaring you off.

Hey I've got an awesome deal on some land in Florida, trust me, just buy it and I'll let you see it later.

Cheers, Paul.
Insecurity...NOPE

Publicly Protecting our Assets and Investments...Yep

Sorry dude, but if this practice is not your cup of tea, then please feel free to exercise other options.

Thanks,
Carlos
Old 12-14-2011, 04:01 PM
SVTLOL
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cheers, Paul.
They built my C6Z and it halls *** so who cares what the numbers are they are just tryn to keep their package and r&d their package and r&d . Let the other companies put in the work to make amazing numbers like Carlos and Luke have done. As stated before when you buy you know . All that matters in the long run is being one step ahead of the guy beside you . If anyone has questions or wants to see the car or go for a ride let me know WCCH Stage two VetteAir/LOPERFORMANCE package
Old 12-14-2011, 04:04 PM
KLRBEE2
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

)
Old 12-14-2011, 04:05 PM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Default Xmas is early this year.

Attention:

Be on the look out for a new Out of this World Offer.

New thread...

Thanks,
Carlos
Old 12-14-2011, 05:32 PM
Cvette713
Instructor

Thanks fellas, I will try to post videos tonight as I had to work 24hr shift yesterday... Thanks again
Old 12-14-2011, 10:08 PM
9sec383
Racer

I purchased the widow cam package from Carlos last year and could not be happier with the drivability and performance! To any future widow cam package buyers, make sure to use the LS9X clutch (or similar) for the best drivability! I plan on doing this same package on my next Z06...unless i get bit by the ZR1 bug....
Congrats on the numbers Cvette, and thanks again to carlos and luke for the excellent work on my ride,
Lopez

Last edited by 9sec383; 12-14-2011 at 10:11 PM. Reason: add info
Old 12-14-2011, 11:03 PM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 9sec383
I purchased the widow cam package from Carlos last year and could not be happier with the drivability and performance! To any future widow cam package buyers, make sure to use the LS9X clutch (or similar) for the best drivability! I plan on doing this same package on my next Z06...unless i get bit by the ZR1 bug....
Congrats on the numbers Cvette, and thanks again to carlos and luke for the excellent work on my ride,
Lopez

Oh my goodness, it's Mr. Lopez...a blast from the past.
Whatz up Poofy

The LS9X clutch it's okay, but there are certainly others out there that offer great performance for less moolah.

Thanks,
Carlos
Old 12-14-2011, 11:14 PM
Ben01C5
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am salivating. Little more than a month and I wil be out of AFG. I will be calling you soon Carlos.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:38 AM
spra4u
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Cvette713
Thanks fellas, I will try to post videos tonight as I had to work 24hr shift yesterday... Thanks again
Congrats on the new build and stout #'s!! Post vid when you get a chance as there are a lot of us that are anxious to hear your ride. Thanks!
Old 12-15-2011, 09:58 AM
AirBusPilot
Le Mans Master

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by SVTLOL
They built my C6Z and it halls *** so who cares what the numbers are they are just tryn to keep their package and r&d their package and r&d . Let the other companies put in the work to make amazing numbers like Carlos and Luke have done. As stated before when you buy you know . All that matters in the long run is being one step ahead of the guy beside you . If anyone has questions or wants to see the car or go for a ride let me know WCCH Stage two VetteAir/LOPERFORMANCE package
What's it run at the track? Ennis?
Old 12-15-2011, 10:53 AM
gnx7
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

I guess if/when you take it to the track we can verify the power with what MPH it runs.

That rwtq is a bit high for a 427ci setup...... This is obviously a generous dyno. Most are around 510-520rwtq.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:00 AM
PRE-Z06
Race Director

Received 2,045 Likes on 1,301 Posts

Congrats on the numbers, they are impressive with a heavy stock clutch and pump gas!
Old 12-15-2011, 11:01 AM
BigMike NY
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd love to see the dyno graph!
Old 12-15-2011, 11:43 AM
busaetr
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gnx7
I guess if/when you take it to the track we can verify the power with what MPH it runs.

That rwtq is a bit high for a 427ci setup...... This is obviously a generous dyno. Most are around 510-520rwtq.
LOL plenty of cars making more.. Mine made 650/550 and i bet it has more as it sits, but i'm changing some things and going for more..

Get notified of new replies

To Vette-Air WCCH-X Heads and Cam- Pump Gas #

Old 12-15-2011, 01:48 PM
Cvette713
Instructor

Here are some Videos that Luke was able to send to me which were taken from his phone and pic of the dyno graph.. I will take a video of the car when I get home to get a better sound, as in the videos you cant really tell....Thanks

Old 12-15-2011, 02:41 PM
starchedup
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Cvette713
Finally after 3 weeks of waiting desperately I finally got my car back. Took my car to Vette-Air in DFW area, and decided to get the new (stage II) WCCH-X heads along with black widow cam package. The car is a beast and I couldn't be happier, and all on 93 oct. Carlos and Luke are great as they explained every little detail about the car to me. So if anyone is debating in doing this combo here is my results. Thanks again Carlos and Luke as you guys have been great with everything, and I will be seeing you for all my Z needs. Vette-Air
Mods are:
*WCCH-X heads by Vette-Air
* Black Widow Cam kit
*Ported Fast 102 Intake
*NW TB
*Halltech MF103 ram induction kit
*1 7/8 ARH Headers
*Stock C6Z06 Catback
*Stock Clutch
Stock# 438/411 SAE
H/C # 626/547 SAE
Nice numbers... consider this; they have a VERY generous dyno. I know from experience.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:21 PM
starchedup
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Translator
But if they indeed have a generous dyno, why would the stock unmodified numbers be on the lower end of the spectrum for a stock Z06?
All stock Z's very to some degree. Mine dyno'd at 452whp on their dyno but to answer your question... check out your baseline hp curve and compare it to your new 626 number... notice the sharp "spike?" I had the same on mine. Notice how there's no spike on your baseline and there is on the new one? There is a reason, I won't go there but ask another tuner what that suggest....

If you really care about dyno numbers though, have it dyno'd at on a different 'dynojet' dyno and see. Just don't get upset...

Last edited by starchedup; 12-15-2011 at 03:33 PM.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Vette-Air WCCH-X Heads and Cam- Pump Gas #