Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Oh joy! 3200 miles and my DIC is lit up!!! Service Active Handling/Traction Control

Old 11-06-2011, 07:00 PM
LTVN68
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Oh joy! 3200 miles and my DIC is lit up!!! Service Active Handling/Traction Control

2011, ZO6, ZO7 package, carbon fiber package, black..........

I was coming home today on a great twisty road at about 40 and the exhaust changed from the steady rumble of the Mild to Wild to a sort an engine missing sound. I looked down at the DIC and it was flashing "Service Actve Handing System" alternating with " Service Traction Control System". The Active Handling light was on as well. The only service to the car so far has been an oil change and replacement of the left front shock by the dealer as it was leaking.

I know that part of the whole traction/handling system is to sometimes affect engine power. I wonder if this is causing the engine missing feeling/ sound.

Anyway, our Chevy dealer is the Toyota dealer who took over Chevy when the old dealership went under......so, wish me luck that anyone there will have any idea about fixing this. I love this car but this is more than a little disappointing after spending 80 thou!!!!
Ideas and prayers appreciated as always.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:20 PM
Prime Target
Drifting

Received 279 Likes on 171 Posts

Could be something as simple as a bad plug wire.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:28 PM
3LZZ06
_"SCOTT"_
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Prime Target
Could be something as simple as a bad plug wire.

Or a loose/unseated plug wire.

Take 5 minutes and check that the wires are seated on the coil packs and the plugs.

Good luck, hope it's a simple fix...
Old 11-07-2011, 12:01 AM
LTVN68
Racer

This is this place at it's best. Thank you guys!!!! As I think about it, it felt like a cylinder misfiring. I will check plug wires tomorrow.
I APPRECIATE VERY MUCH THE KIND INPUT!
Aloha,
Jim
Old 11-07-2011, 10:43 AM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 675 Likes on 504 Posts

LTVN68,
I'm sorry to hear this. If that dealership is unsatisfactory I'll be more than happy to set you up with some dealerships I've heard great things from.

Chevrolet Customer Service,
Justin

Originally Posted by LTVN68
2011, ZO6, ZO7 package, carbon fiber package, black..........

I was coming home today on a great twisty road at about 40 and the exhaust changed from the steady rumble of the Mild to Wild to a sort an engine missing sound. I looked down at the DIC and it was flashing "Service Actve Handing System" alternating with " Service Traction Control System". The Active Handling light was on as well. The only service to the car so far has been an oil change and replacement of the left front shock by the dealer as it was leaking.

I know that part of the whole traction/handling system is to sometimes affect engine power. I wonder if this is causing the engine missing feeling/ sound.

Anyway, our Chevy dealer is the Toyota dealer who took over Chevy when the old dealership went under......so, wish me luck that anyone there will have any idea about fixing this. I love this car but this is more than a little disappointing after spending 80 thou!!!!
Ideas and prayers appreciated as always.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

Good luck. I hope it's an easy fix. I'll arrive Kona in a week for a 2 week stay. I hope to catch a glimpse of your car at some point- that would mean you're back on the road!
Old 11-07-2011, 01:35 PM
LTVN68
Racer

Les,
I know vacation time is precious but I will PM you my cell #. It would be my pleasure to meet a fellow CF member and buy you lunch or at least a cup of coffee, but I sure understand if you are just here to put your feet up!
I am off to check the plug wires. By the way, count on there being Vog in Kona.......great weather, but the volcano is still smoking up the place!
Old 11-07-2011, 03:21 PM
LTVN68
Racer

Originally Posted by 3LZZ06

Or a loose/unseated plug wire.

Take 5 minutes and check that the wires are seated on the coil packs and the plugs.

HOORAY! It was a disconnected plug wire......left rear....not sure which cylinder that is. It was totally off and just lying there. So, Prime Target and 3LZZO6.....thank you. You saved me a bunch of time and aggravation! I owe you lunch if you ever make it to Kona!
Old 11-07-2011, 06:13 PM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by LTVN68
HOORAY! It was a disconnected plug wire......left rear....not sure which cylinder that is. It was totally off and just lying there. So, Prime Target and 3LZZO6.....thank you. You saved me a bunch of time and aggravation! I owe you lunch if you ever make it to Kona!
Outstanding! Check your PMs- I hope to see you over there soon.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:32 PM
velomaxx
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went the bank yesterday and hit some nice s turns in 2nd gear at high rpm. Entrance to curves has rumble strips. Exit after turns into the bank and turned off the ignition. Run in, out and on restart car is misfiring and check engine light with service active handling light.

Plug wire came loose, thanks for the tip. I assume the check engine light will go away after several clean runs.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:59 PM
carpe dm
Le Mans Master

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by 3LZZ06

Or a loose/unseated plug wire
Happened to me last week. Misfire in #8..... loose wire. Good news is that it easily fixed.

Get notified of new replies

To Oh joy! 3200 miles and my DIC is lit up!!! Service Active Handling/Traction Control

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Oh joy! 3200 miles and my DIC is lit up!!! Service Active Handling/Traction Control