Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Billy Boat Exhaust Systems

Old 11-04-2011, 10:41 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 287 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Default Billy Boat Exhaust Systems

Billy Boat Exhausts have become one of the premiere exhaust manufacturers for the Corvette. Since 1989 they've been manufacturing and building top of the line exhaust systems, and have always been at the very top of the Corvette exhaust R&D market. Each Billy Boat exhaust is manufactured from the highest quality stainless steel components and is designed with the specific vehicle's exhaust flow and tonal needs in mind. It's this attention to detail, quality, and performance that has made them so popular and that makes us at Southern Car Parts so proud to be your number one source for Billy Boat systems.

All Billy Boat exhaust systems on our website are on sale well below the MSRP price, and we stock most of them for your Corvette ordering needs. We've installed Billy Boat exhaust systems on our Corvettes here over the years, and have consistently been impressed with them. This impression is what has brought us to support and respect their products as much as we do.

All that being what it is, we run in to a lot of questions about the various Billy Boat exhaust systems. Because they make so many different types of exhaust systems, and each one has its own ideal use and Corvette application, these questions typically boil down to which exhaust is right for each customer. To try and help clear up some of the confusion, and to help you decide if or which Billy Boat exhaust system is right for you, we wanted to address the benefits and characteristics of each one.

For the C6 Corvette, and especially the C6 Z06 and ZR1, the Billy Boat Fusion Exhaust is the undeniable favorite. This system has been so incredibly popular because it, like the stock NPP Exhaust system, is a true bi-modal exhaust. When GM designed and introduced bi-modal exhaust systems for their flagship Corvette line-up they took the automotive world by storm. These exhausts are brilliant for offering a more tame and quiet driving experience at lower RPM ranges, while also opening up their valves for a wide open roar under more intense, heavy acceleration, and red-line pushing driving conditions. Of course, even with that in mind, the stock mufflers designed by Chevrolet are way too restrictive for the sound most people want and expect out of their small block V8 engine.
The Fusion Exhaust provides that same bi-modal functionality with a more aggressive and race inspired tone. With the tips closed, the Fusion and the Stock exhaust are comparable. The fusion's tone is deepened and cleaner, but, it's not noticeably louder; however, when a Corvette outfitted with a Fusion Exhaust opens up, the sound is unmistakable. The Fusion provides a hearty, muscle-car tone when wide open that is similar to the B&B Bullet exhaust, only a little bit quieter. This is achieved through the use of shortened Fusion mufflers that provide a more free-flowing and resonant exhaust.
The Fusion is also a brilliant exhaust because it allows for C6 Corvettes that did not opt for the NPP stock exhaust to upgrade to a complete bi-modal system. Billy Boat sells their Fusion with a complete bi-modal upgrade kit that comes with all of the necessary attachments to turn your single mode Corvette in to a vacuum controlled bi-modal machine.
The Fusion is available for all C6 Corvette models in various forms:
For 2005-08 C6 Corvettes the Billy Boat Fusion comes in a 2.5" system complete with full NPP set-up. Pricing and ordering information available here: C6 Corvette Billy Boat Fusion Complete Kit
For 2009 and newer C6 Corvettes without the stock NPP, the Fusion Exhaust is available with all necessary NPP set-up equipment as well. Pricing and ordering information available here: C6 Billy Boat Fusion Complete Kit
For 2009 and newer Corvettes that are already outfitted with the bi-modal NPP exhaust but want to upgrade over the stock mufflers, there is a Fusion Exhaust for you as well. Pricing and ordering information available here: C6 NPP B&B Fusion Exhaust
Finally, for Z06 and ZR1 C6 Corvettes, there is a 3" Billy Boat Fusion Exhaust for you as well to help you upgrade your restrictive stock mufflers to the more powerful and free-flowing Billy Boat alternative. Pricing and ordering information available here: C6 Z06 and ZR1 Fusion Exhaust

Video and Sound Clip of the Fusion Exhaust on a C6 Z06 is available here.

For some people, however, the bi-modal exhaust functionality is not ideal. If you're one of those people, then the very original and very clean straight-through exhaust design of the Billy Boat Bullet exhaust may be perfect for you. The Bullet is one of the most, if not the single most, aggressive exhaust systems on the market for the C6 Corvette today. Designed to optimize exhaust flow for peak performance numbers and the most powerful and throaty exhaust tone, the Bullet is as loud and as powerful an exhaust as there is.
The Bullet utilizes a very classic muscle-car design with straight-through high-flowing mufflers that provide a deep and throaty resonance for a very classic muscle car tone. The crescendo through the RPM range with the Bullet exhaust is one of volume and strength that harkens back to the classic American muscle car age with thunder and bravado; of course, the C6 Corvette-with all of its technological improvements and incredible power numbers-is anything but an old muscle car, and Billy Boat was able to design the Bullet to truly pay tonal homage to the Corvettes of the 60's and 70's, while also still holding true to the modern Corvette's undeniable race pedigree.
For a Corvette enthusiast that not only doesn't mind loud, but feeds and thrives off of it, the Bullet exhaust may be perfect for you. If you're not afraid of drone, or of rattling the windows of your neighbor's home when you start your 'Vette up in the morning, then you may want to check out the Bullet. Just as the Fusion is designed and modified to specifically meet the needs of each model and generation C6 Corvette, so is the Bullet.
For 2005-08 Corvettes check out the Billy Boat C6 Bullet Exhaust System.
For 2009 and newer base C6 Corvettes check the B&B Corvette C6 Bullet out on our website here.
For C6 Z06 and ZR1 Corvettes, you can find find pricing and ordering information for the Z06 and ZR1 Billy Boat Bullet exhaust here.

If you prefer the straight-through exhaust design, but aren't a fan of Cabin Drone or excessive noise like you would expect with a Bullet exhaust, then Billy Boat's newest exhaust design, the PRT System, would be perfect for you. The PRT, which stands for Purge Resonance Technology, is a masterpiece of engineering and design brought to you by Billy Boat. This complete redesigned and reengineered exhaust for the C6 Corvette is the latest in Billy Boat's history of designing powerful exhaust tones with drone control in mind.
The PRT offers a more subdued touring tone at regular driving speeds than the Bullet, with a more race-inspired straight-through tone and design than the Fusion. This results in greater HP and Torque gains across the entire RPM band--Dynos on some C6 Corvettes have reported as much as 18hp, with 14-15 being a commonly achieved norm. The Purge Chamber technology helps keep the exhaust mellow at cruising speeds but allows it to open up for a very aggressive and powerful tone under more extreme driving conditions that is similar to the Bullet in quality. Where the PRT separates itself from the Bullet, however, is in its minimal Cabin Drone. "Drone" has become a no-no for modern exhausts and a dangerous word around the forum community, we know, and Billy Boat took that to heart when designed this exhaust. For the powerful tone and volume this system puts out, the drone is absolutely minimal. What this gives is a straight-through exhaust that sounds beautifully, and couples perfectly with automatic or paddle shifter Corvettes, as well as those with complete Long Tube header packages.
For 2005-08 C6 Corvettes, check out our web listing on the Billy Boat C6 Corvette PRT Exhaust for more information and ordering.
For the 2009 and newer C6 Corvettes, check out the following listing for pricing and ordering information:Billy Boat Corvette PRT Exhaust.
If you drive a Z06 or ZR1 and this exhaust sounds ideal for you, check out the C6 Corvette Z06 and ZR1 B&B PRT Exhaust System.

Of course, Billy Boat doesn't stop with all of these options either. Each and every Billy Boat exhaust for the C6 Corvette is available in your choice of Quad Round and Quad Oval Exhaust tips. These tips are all manufactured from the highest quality polished stainless steel for a beautiful and aggressive visual finish that will match your vehicle's new found tonal and performance benefits. If Polished Stainless Steel isn't your bag, Billy Boat exhaust tips are also now available in hand-dipped Black Satin finish. This provides your Corvette with a very unique aftermarket appearance that, when coupled with an exhaust filler plate or panel, can make for a gorgeous offset look. They also look especially great on blacked-out C6 Corvettes going for the Bat-mobile style.

All Billy Boat Exhausts are also available with a Billy Boat X-Pipe. An aftermarket X-Pipe from Billy Boat will help increase exhaust flow even further by replacing the restrictive and archaic stock H-Pipe design. X-Pipes also work to even out exhaust flow and remove the Deceleration Popping noise that many Corvette owners know and dread. For information on Billy Boat X-Pipes please refer to our website, or give us a call at our office and we can make sure to get the perfect one for your needs.

If there are any other questions you may have about the Billy Boat systems above, or about any other Billy Boat product (or any product we carry here at Southern Car Parts) please do not hesitate to ask. Give us a call at our office at (770)919-1433 and we'll do our best to answer your questions and help you outfit your C6 Corvette as best as possible.

Please click links above for pricing and ordering information.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 12-26-2011, 04:27 AM
Uncle Meat
Le Mans Master

Received 97 Likes on 57 Posts

Do you have any pictures of the B&B's with the optional black satin coated tips? I'm curious to see what those look like installed.

U.M.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:57 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

I do, but not installed....

Sorry...

Jim

Originally Posted by Uncle Meat
Do you have any pictures of the B&B's with the optional black satin coated tips? I'm curious to see what those look like installed.

U.M.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:39 PM
Team Ruby
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Do you have any idea what installation would typically run? I have an '09 ZO6 with the NPP system. I'd be interested in this with the X-pipe.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:41 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

anywhere between 150 and 250.....Anything more than that and I would say they are charging too much.

Thanks,

Jim

Originally Posted by Team Ruby
Do you have any idea what installation would typically run? I have an '09 ZO6 with the NPP system. I'd be interested in this with the X-pipe.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:43 PM
samer24
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

I'm planning to install B&B exhaust system for my stock 2008 Z06 but I'm not sure which model will be the best fit for my vette. So, I have few questions in this regard:

1- What are the main differences between Fusion and Bullet system?
2- Which one will give me louder sound?
3- What's the difference between C6 and Z06 exhaust systems? a friend told me that he installed a C6 exhaust for his Z06 which is cheaper and he is enjoying it with no problems neither with installation nor with noise.
4- What if I installed catback system without headers or x-pipe? what diff in sound would it make?

Thanks.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:28 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Default PRT for Z06

Are the PRT type mufflers for the Z06 system, same as the Fusion? Is the PRT system like the Fusion but without the Flaps?
Old 02-05-2012, 10:01 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

The Fusion supports the Multimode exhaust on your Z06, the Bullet does not. The Bullet (in my opinion) is the louder of the two but it is always loud because you cannot control the flaps like you can with the Fusion.

The main difference between the C6 and Z06 system is pipe diameter is the stock c6 is 2.5" and the Z06 is 3"....

You can do a Catback and the sound is pretty much the same, some cannot tell a difference. The X pipe (in my opinion) smoothes out the sound a bit. I would reccomend doing it all at once, but not a problem to add the X pipe later either way. There is no cuttiing needed with the Fusion system, take the Axle back OEM system off and the Fusion bolts right up to where the OEM system left off, really clean install.

Jim

Originally Posted by samer24
Hi,

I'm planning to install B&B exhaust system for my stock 2008 Z06 but I'm not sure which model will be the best fit for my vette. So, I have few questions in this regard:

1- What are the main differences between Fusion and Bullet system?
2- Which one will give me louder sound?
3- What's the difference between C6 and Z06 exhaust systems? a friend told me that he installed a C6 exhaust for his Z06 which is cheaper and he is enjoying it with no problems neither with installation nor with noise.
4- What if I installed catback system without headers or x-pipe? what diff in sound would it make?

Thanks.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:03 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Actually no, the PRT mufflers are totally different than the fusions. The PRT's do not have the flaps (correct) but are designed to NOT have any drone while still having a strong muscle car sound. The Fusions do have some drone with the flaps open and very little with the flaps closed.

Both systems sound really good!!!

I am partial to the Fusions....

Jim

Originally Posted by Paul 68
Are the PRT type mufflers for the Z06 system, same as the Fusion? Is the PRT system like the Fusion but without the Flaps?
Old 02-07-2012, 04:53 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by southerncarparts
Actually no, the PRT mufflers are totally different than the fusions. The PRT's do not have the flaps (correct) but are designed to NOT have any drone while still having a strong muscle car sound. The Fusions do have some drone with the flaps open and very little with the flaps closed.

Both systems sound really good!!!

I am partial to the Fusions....

Jim

Which system is lighter?
Old 02-24-2012, 01:16 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Paul 68
Which system is lighter?
They're within a pound or so of each other...no noticeable difference in weight.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 03-06-2012, 02:56 PM
vertC6
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Could B&B make the fusion using the PRT muffler cans?
Old 03-09-2012, 02:53 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by vertC6
Could B&B make the fusion using the PRT muffler cans?
I doubt it...they put their systems through so much R&D that I doubt they would expect a combination like that to sound particularly good. Wouldn't hurt to ask though...I'll check with them.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 03-16-2012, 11:22 AM
Team Ruby
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

I just got mine installed and I'm really pleased with everything. I ordered the B&B Fusion and the Borla X-pipe as Jim Vosen recommended. I had them delivered directly to my service shop and they got there within a week. I wasn't sure if the shop I use would be able to install them within the time frame Jim told me in a PM that would be typical. The old system came out quickly and the new one was installed in almost exactly an hour. I was charged for one hour of service at their flat rate of $65 an hour. I had figured on three hours, so I was really surprised at how smoothly it all went.

Jim said to expect the sound to be a little deeper when in the quiet mode and that's exactly what I got. I really enjoy down shifting and hearing the exhaust gurgle and rumble, which I did not have before in both modes. I was prepared for the car to sound not as loud as other exhaust mods that I have heard before, the Corsas and Borlas I'm more familiar with, but much to my surprise, these are not anemic and I am very happy with the sound the car has now.

Jim, thanks for phone call, you were spot on in your description of the installation and what to expect the car to actually sound like. For anyone who wants to retain the bi-modal exhaust sytem, this is a very good way to go.

Team Ruby
Old 03-27-2012, 11:41 PM
Joost Thienpont
Intermediate

Do you have any idea what installation would typically run for a, non npp stock C6 to the dual exhaust to mild and wild bb fusion?

i think some guys are trying to rip me off!
Old 03-28-2012, 02:00 AM
Centex
Racer

I have an 08z and am considering buying the fusions - 1) question is - is it a direct bolt on part - no cutting or welding needed ? It just bolts right up to where the stock systems ends ?

and 2) once the exhaust is installed - its not going to cause an check engine lights or any other sort of fault codes is it? (just making sure)

Thanks for your replies

Last edited by Centex; 03-28-2012 at 02:04 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:36 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Correct....direct bolt, not cutting at all. No check engine lights either, nothing changed from an emissions perspective. Just a better looking exhaust and much better sounding.

We have them in stock here....

Corvette C6 Z06 Fusion Exhaust

Thanks,

Jim

Originally Posted by Centex
I have an 08z and am considering buying the fusions - 1) question is - is it a direct bolt on part - no cutting or welding needed ? It just bolts right up to where the stock systems ends ?

and 2) once the exhaust is installed - its not going to cause an check engine lights or any other sort of fault codes is it? (just making sure)

Thanks for your replies

Get notified of new replies

To Billy Boat Exhaust Systems

Old 03-29-2012, 11:46 AM
Joost Thienpont
Intermediate

does that go for the npp version on a non npp car aswell?
Old 03-30-2012, 01:47 AM
Centex
Racer

Originally Posted by southerncarparts
Correct....direct bolt, not cutting at all. No check engine lights either, nothing changed from an emissions perspective. Just a better looking exhaust and much better sounding.

We have them in stock here....

Corvette C6 Z06 Fusion Exhaust

Thanks,

Jim
Thanks for the reply - also one more question - can any power gains be had by adding this exahaust? if maybe only 1-2 HP and TQ?
Old 04-05-2012, 12:01 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Centex
Thanks for the reply - also one more question - can any power gains be had by adding this exahaust? if maybe only 1-2 HP and TQ?
claims are around 10hp.....I have not personally done a dyno run myself though...

jim

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Billy Boat Exhaust Systems