Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 11:36 AM
blue devil 1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injectors

I am looking to possibly change my injectors. The motor is all stock but I am wondering if a higher quality injector will offer better tune-ability and a more balanced flow to each cylinder. Please respond with your thoughts and opinion of various brands.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:08 PM
DSteck
Safety Car

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
Tech Contributor

Injector Dynamics will blow everything else away in the cylinder-to-cylinder consistency category... because they dynamically match their injector sets. They also come with all the characterization data to make them operate perfect, even at low fuel demands... although because of a hard limit in the PCM, the tune has to be scaled.

They would be overkill unless you actually need a large fuel demand, though.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:10 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by DSteck
Injector Dynamics will blow everything else away in the cylinder-to-cylinder consistency category... because they dynamically match their injector sets. They also come with all the characterization data to make them operate perfect, even at low fuel demands... although because of a hard limit in the PCM, the tune has to be scaled.

They would be overkill unless you actually need a large fuel demand, though.
yeah, what he said
Old 05-12-2011, 02:03 PM
Vito.A
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

My opinion: It would be a waste of time and money. If anything, it will be much more difficult to tune.

Get notified of new replies

To Injectors

Quick Reply: [Z06] Injectors