Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Went to the track

Old 04-02-2011, 09:31 PM
whatcop?
Le Mans Master

Location: Daytona Beach/ Atlanta---- Good Ol' Florida Boy/ Georgia
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Default Went to the track

Went out to pony wars today at South Georgia Motorpark and ran the car. I ended up running two identical runs of 11.63 @ 123mph with a 1.87 60' on street tires. Car has a tune, intake, and exhaust.

Old 04-02-2011, 09:42 PM
NASTY ZO6
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice runs!! Sounds like a good time! Weather was decent?
Old 04-02-2011, 09:47 PM
whatcop?
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by NASTY ZO6
Nice runs!! Sounds like a good time! Weather was decent?
Weather was great. It was in the 70s all day.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:03 PM
jlavettez06
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What street tires are you running?
Old 04-02-2011, 10:04 PM
whatcop?
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by jlavettez06
What street tires are you running?
NT-05s and I didn't touch the tire pressure in them. I left them at 34psi because I didn't have a gauge and didn't really feel like messing with them.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:11 PM
jlavettez06
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by whatcop?
NT-05s and I didn't touch the tire pressure in them. I left them at 34psi because I didn't have a gauge and didn't really feel like messing with them.
Sweet. I have a second set of rims and tires for the track . I am looking into a new set of tires for the street. I still have the original f1 and they are ready to be replace. It's seem a lot of z owners run with the nt05 . Thanks for the info.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:13 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,430 Likes on 2,268 Posts

Pretty good for just cruizin in and ripping a couple runs.

Good time there.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:15 PM
whatcop?
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by jlavettez06
Sweet. I have a second set of rims and tires for the track . I am looking into a new set of tires for the street. I still have the original f1 and they are ready to be replace. It's seem a lot of z owners run with the nt05 . Thanks for the info.
Yeah I'm on my second set and really like them. They don't last that long with my driving style but thats ok with how awesome they grip I can deal with that.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:29 PM
jlavettez06
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Yeah I'm on my second set and really like them. They don't last that long with my driving style but thats ok with how awesome they grip I can deal with that.
Thanks for the info. Nice time on the track
Old 04-02-2011, 10:46 PM
JT Metal
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Did you do a little smokey burnout. Or did you go around the water....Just asking. Great times!!!!
Old 04-02-2011, 10:49 PM
whatcop?
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by JT Metal
Did you do a little smokey burnout. Or did you go around the water....Just asking. Great times!!!!
Went around and then just clutch dropped it to spin them up for a second to scrub anything off.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:13 AM
whatcop?
Le Mans Master

I also need to get a better clutch. On one of the runs she felt slow out of the hole and then I went to go into second and found the pedal to be half way down to the ground.

So the question is does anyone have clutch recommendations. I was thinking the Katech LS9 clutch but I'm not sure how it will hold up on a H/C car. Also there may be some spray added to that in the future.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:37 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

I also need to get a better clutch. On one of the runs she felt slow out of the hole and then I went to go into second and found the pedal to be half way down to the ground.

So the question is does anyone have clutch recommendations. I was thinking the Katech LS9 clutch but I'm not sure how it will hold up on a H/C car. Also there may be some spray added to that in the future.
Car looks great!!

Are you doing the Ranger clutch fluid swaps? That's the first step before you replace the clutch. As far as suggestiions for a clutch, what are your plans for the car? Are you planning to go to the strip a lot, or just once in a while? Daily driver or road course? The best clutch for each has compromises for the others so it helps to know what you do the most.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:11 PM
whatcop?
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Joe_G
Car looks great!!

Are you doing the Ranger clutch fluid swaps? That's the first step before you replace the clutch. As far as suggestiions for a clutch, what are your plans for the car? Are you planning to go to the strip a lot, or just once in a while? Daily driver or road course? The best clutch for each has compromises for the others so it helps to know what you do the most.
Liking the black on lemans. I've done the ranger fluid swaps and have had my system flushed several times and am even running DOT6 right now. I'm a firm believer that the clutch fluid has nothing to do with how this clutch will drop to the floor. I say this because anyone that has switched clutches doesn't have that problem. The car is sorta a daily but it also sees the drag strip and autox. I also plan on signing up for a chin motorsports day so I need a good all around clutch. MTI had suggested for me to do the LS9 Katech clutch and that would be a good all around clutch that will hold my planned power.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:49 PM
GARY2004Z06
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 335 Likes on 247 Posts

Great pass especially for the street tires.

RPS make great clutches. We run their LSX BC2 and have no issues. It has sustained numerous high rpm launches (+6000) and produces very low sixties. RPS makes a few different twins that would suit your needs. Customer service is outstanding.

Good luck in whatever you choose.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:51 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Liking the black on lemans. I've done the ranger fluid swaps and have had my system flushed several times and am even running DOT6 right now. I'm a firm believer that the clutch fluid has nothing to do with how this clutch will drop to the floor. I say this because anyone that has switched clutches doesn't have that problem. The car is sorta a daily but it also sees the drag strip and autox. I also plan on signing up for a chin motorsports day so I need a good all around clutch. MTI had suggested for me to do the LS9 Katech clutch and that would be a good all around clutch that will hold my planned power.
Sounds like you have fun with your car!

I've heard good things on that ls9, check with RichieRichz06 for a second opinion, I think he has it.

You might also consider a Monster stage 3 with your track Plans...check with Pre Z06 or FARTPIPE, they have had great track luck with theirs.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:58 PM
whatcop?
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by GARY2004Z06
Great pass especially for the street tires.

RPS make great clutches. We run their LSX BC2 and have no issues. It has sustained numerous high rpm launches (+6000) and produces very low sixties. RPS makes a few different twins that would suit your needs. Customer service is outstanding.

Good luck in whatever you choose.
Originally Posted by Joe_G
Sounds like you have fun with your car!

I've heard good things on that ls9, check with RichieRichz06 for a second opinion, I think he has it.

You might also consider a Monster stage 3 with your track Plans...check with Pre Z06 or FARTPIPE, they have had great track luck with theirs.
Thanks for the advice guys
Old 04-03-2011, 08:13 PM
Chameleon T/A
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow, killer eighth mile ET!!

And ditto on the Monster level 3--I've got one and it's working great so far!

Get notified of new replies

To Went to the track

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Went to the track