Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Save memory/battery change?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 12:23 PM
buddyepa
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Save memory/battery change?

None of the parts stores (Advance and Auto Zone) I have contacted (including a Corvette Dealer, Maxie Price) have anything to keep the computers and presets juiced up when the battery is changed out/removed. I am told that they just take the battery out and let things do whatever they do. Is this your experience?? Mine is a 2006 Z06.

I have a little gizmo that takes a 9 volt battery and plugs into the 12v outlet which is supposed to keep enough power to save the presets and computer settings, but I have no idea if it works or will work long enough with the back hatch light on when pullling the old battery out. I am told that changing the battery can take around 30 minutes.

Any info or experience will be appreciated.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:24 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

All you have to do is initialize the window indexing after the battery disconnect. It's in your owners manual on how to initialize the window index.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:45 PM
EDHGB
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I have read its easier to take the rear carpet out before you disconnect the battery and pull the whole thing out including the plastic tub. You can use Duct tape also to make a handle to pull on the battery.
Plug in your 9V gizmo into your outlet right before you pull it out, it should only take you a few minutes at that point.
Good luck.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:41 PM
Vette5.5
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll be changing out the battery in my 06' next month, and plan on hooking a 12v booster unit through the lighter plug to keep the memory going. Have more than a few batteries stored in the basement, so got a Kastar B-600 gripper handle to help move thing's around. Should make ZO6 battery change out a snap, from what other member's are saying. All stored batteries stay in good health, as get rotated around on two Ctek 3300's.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:23 AM
Andydp
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I posed the same question a couple of months ago. There is a "gizmo" out there called Memory Saver BUT !!! Not for use on 97 and newer Corvettes.

http://www.ecklers.com/corvette-comp...ory-saver.html

The rest of the thread also said memory settings remain as long as you reconnect within 10 minutes. The only thing you have to reset is the window indexing. Owner's manual page 2-27.

I plan on getting a battery carry strap to lift the battery out. No need to remove carpet or anything like that. One of those straps costs less that $ 20.

Here's the full thread link:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...-question.html

Last edited by Andydp; 03-21-2011 at 05:51 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Save memory/battery change?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Save memory/battery change?