Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] New PB!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 02:14 AM
Antonio1988
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default New PB!

So tonight was my first time out in the Z with the Torq RTC-630 Package installed in the car. I planned on running the car on street tires just as I had done before. My previous best time was, with just a tune from Torq, 12.07@124.13 with a 2.18 60ft...

Today's results...

11.507@131.01 w/ a 2.139 60ft!!! I'm relearning this car now, with DR's this car will go mid-high 10s, period!

I'm on the right lane

Last edited by Antonio1988; 12-23-2010 at 02:29 AM.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:19 AM
Ranger
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Slip says...you are a driver in search of traction.

Be interested to follow your progress once drag radials go on the car and you adapt the driver tasks to better traction. That will take some passes. So be patient. Would be good for you to hook up with Joe_G and Retrotech to compress the learning curve.

Ranger
Old 12-23-2010, 09:36 AM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Ranger
Slip says...you are a driver in search of traction.

Be interested to follow your progress once drag radials go on the car and you adapt the driver tasks to better traction. That will take some passes. So be patient. Would be good for you to hook up with Joe_G and Retrotech to compress the learning curve.

Ranger
I watched the pass from the starting line, the car sounds great! Very nice lope, sounds formidable. Looks mean too. Very nice build.

The pass was made on Invo's - my pb on 345 Invo's is a 1.8, and that was hard to come by. They are not good for drag strip action. Retrotech did not have good luck on his either.

A set of drag radials and a little seat time and that car will be in the 10's for sure.

Antonio did you have any trouble with the clutch sticking? If I recall you have the stock clutch.

Last edited by Joe_G; 12-23-2010 at 09:40 AM.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:57 AM
Geared
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Driver Mod....lol.

You'll be in the 10's in no time....just keep practicing the launch and 1-2.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:08 AM
Antonio1988
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe_G
I watched the pass from the starting line, the car sounds great! Very nice lope, sounds formidable. Looks mean too. Very nice build.

The pass was made on Invo's - my pb on 345 Invo's is a 1.8, and that was hard to come by. They are not good for drag strip action. Retrotech did not have good luck on his either.

A set of drag radials and a little seat time and that car will be in the 10's for sure.

Antonio did you have any trouble with the clutch sticking? If I recall you have the stock clutch.
Thanks! The clutch felt great last night, no issues whatsoever! It's just getting out of the hole that I can't figure out. My previous car was an auto mustang that I would run on slicks, things ain't so easy in this beast, but man oh man is it a hell of a drive!
Old 12-23-2010, 11:18 AM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Antonio1988
Thanks! The clutch felt great last night, no issues whatsoever! It's just getting out of the hole that I can't figure out. My previous car was an auto mustang that I would run on slicks, things ain't so easy in this beast, but man oh man is it a hell of a drive!
It sure looks good. Get some drag radials and head back up. You are going to frustrate yourself with those Invo's. It's like ice skating in sneakers..not much fun when you don't have the proper equipment.

Here are great tips on the launch technique:

Www.rangeracceleration.com

I studied those in the beginning and it helped a lot. Then it's a matter of seat time, it's not so easy. But when you put it all together and make a great pass it's a ton of fun.

Get notified of new replies

To New PB!

Quick Reply: [Z06] New PB!