Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] how would one remove the mild to wild switch?

Old 11-24-2010, 02:57 PM
1badvr4
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how would one remove the mild to wild switch?

i have a z06 b&b fusion catback now and think that im going to be removing it shortly. how would i go about removing the mild to wild setup and all that. i have 2 fobs that wirelessly open the valve open and closed. the car came with the setup on it but once i sell it, i want to sell it together. from what i have seen, theres some wiring, a little brain, and somehow ties all this in together for the setup. i searched and couldnt find a specific m2w thread that matches my fobs. i found the ones with the pontiac looking fob (big button, little button, round oval fob) but mine is black, square and has 2 buttons, one red, one green. i dont want to remove only part of it, just to find out that the guy who buys it didnt get everything he needed off my car... thanks!
Old 11-24-2010, 03:02 PM
captej
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"one" should probably go to the manufacturers page and follow the instructions.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:24 PM
Mike.D
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

just go to the DIY section on "how to install" and just follow the directions in revers order.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:30 PM
1badvr4
Pro

Originally Posted by captej
"one" should probably go to the manufacturers page and follow the instructions.
i guess i didnt clarify. ive seen multiple mild 2 wild installation and products(different fobs, different types-dic control vs fob vs?...). seeing that i bought the car with the unit installed, i havent a clue where the brain for this unit ist. to make things even more frustrating, since the fobs are wireless, then i have no idea where the box is that im controlling with the fob.

sav,

thanks, ill look into it...
Old 11-24-2010, 03:31 PM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,045 Likes on 819 Posts

The transmitter plugs into the EXH fuse slot, located under your passenger's side foorwell. Just pull the sucker & replace it with the (10A?) fuse. Simple as that.

IF you're not sure about which fuse slot, look for a device with a smallish wire antenna on the fuse block, that'd be it. Your owner's manual will help to ID the proper fuse location if you've any doubt(s).
Old 11-24-2010, 03:37 PM
1badvr4
Pro

so essentially the kit is just a radio(transmitter thats in the fuse box), a pair of fobs, and thats it? everything else is from the exhaust and the valve setup from gm?
Old 11-24-2010, 04:11 PM
tim414
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by Landru
The transmitter plugs into the EXH fuse slot, located under your passenger's side foorwell. Just pull the sucker & replace it with the (10A?) fuse. Simple as that.

IF you're not sure about which fuse slot, look for a device with a smallish wire antenna on the fuse block, that'd be it. Your owner's manual will help to ID the proper fuse location if you've any doubt(s).
Old 11-24-2010, 04:16 PM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,045 Likes on 819 Posts

Originally Posted by 1badvr4
so essentially the kit is just a radio(transmitter thats in the fuse box), a pair of fobs, and thats it? everything else is from the exhaust and the valve setup from gm?
That's it.
(kinda disappointing, huh. )
Old 11-24-2010, 04:17 PM
gotjuice?
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Correct. You will remove the box in the fuse box and sell it with the two remotes. That's all there is to it. It is all located in the passenger side fuse box area, by the floor mat.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:25 PM
CanadaGrant
Safety Car

Received 415 Likes on 336 Posts

Yes. The receiver will will be plugged in to the lower right hand fuse plug in the fuse block. Replace it with a 10 amp (red) fuse and you are back to stock.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:37 PM
slolane
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
CI 7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'08 & '12

Don't forget to disconnect the ground wire also
Old 11-24-2010, 06:14 PM
TORQJNKY
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's a link to the install instructions from southerncarparts.com with pictures. http://www.southerncarparts.com/Inst/m2w.pdf

You should be able to figure it out from there. It's very straight forward. Good luck. Shouldn't have any problems selling this set up.

Get notified of new replies

To how would one remove the mild to wild switch?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] how would one remove the mild to wild switch?