Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Z06 OEM and Aftermarket Parts Weight List

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 02:33 PM
rpmextra
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 261 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06Ronald
I don't like to be bossy, lol.
Your suggestion needs an extra subcategory, but it adds flexibility for the future. So I'll implement your idea.

Oh ok. I am still new to the forum and how it works. What I suggested was copied and pasted directly from your very first post in this thread with adding my numbers to it. I had thought you could go and edit your first post accordingly with the new numbers and don't quite understand when you say new sub category as my suggestion was C&P'd directly from yours then "edited". I haven't gone through every page, but I am now guessing there are updated versions throughout the thread? or do/can you simply edit the first list. That's the one every "new" veiwer will see first and I assume would be easier to find.

again i'm new to this system and to be honest, not really in any other forums expect this one, so still not sure what the layout is
Old 03-14-2014, 02:58 PM
Z06Ronald
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by rpmextra
Oh ok. I am still new to the forum and how it works. What I suggested was copied and pasted directly from your very first post in this thread with adding my numbers to it. I had thought you could go and edit your first post accordingly with the new numbers and don't quite understand when you say new sub category as my suggestion was C&P'd directly from yours then "edited". I haven't gone through every page, but I am now guessing there are updated versions throughout the thread? or do/can you simply edit the first list. That's the one every "new" veiwer will see first and I assume would be easier to find.

again i'm new to this system and to be honest, not really in any other forums expect this one, so still not sure what the layout is
Aha, I got it!
The original list as it appears in Post # 1 has been implemented by means of an Excell Spread Sheet.
See Post # 267 and beyond for details.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:46 PM
rpmextra
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 261 Likes on 173 Posts

Aha, I got it!
The original list as it appears in Post # 1 has been implemented by means of an Excell Spread Sheet.
See Post # 267 and beyond for details.
oh totally understand now. I probably gave you stuff you already had by then lol. That excel sheet is awesome and the pics are very helpful. noticed a few seats and this will def help me choose the ones for me . I will download it again when i get home instead of my job's PC and take a really good look at all sections. really well done
Old 03-14-2014, 07:19 PM
Z06Ronald
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by rpmextra
oh totally understand now. I probably gave you stuff you already had by then lol. That excel sheet is awesome and the pics are very helpful. noticed a few seats and this will def help me choose the ones for me . I will download it again when i get home instead of my job's PC and take a really good look at all sections. really well done
No problem.
The idea behind this list came from blaine123, who hasn't been active on the forum since September 20, 2011. His last visitor message was 'Yeah I'm still in Iraq ...', back in 2010. So who knows what has happened to him. Let's hope that he's safe, but at times I'm fearing the worst ..

Anyway, over time the updates became scattered all over the place indeed, keeping a good oversight had become an issue.
A couple of months ago I volunteered to take over from the OP, without any intentions to highjack this thread. No one else but the OP can update post # 1, including me. Only the originator of a post can update his/her own post, nobody else can. And with just, of course.

Your initial confusion is quite understandable. For that reason I will, from now on, include a link to the weight list every time that it is updated.

Like I suggested, I finally decided to add your "Kooks X-pipe w/o cats" to the Remark field of the "Kooks 1 7/8" long tubes w/ cats" cell. It's not that buying an X-pipe alone wouldn't make sense, but I believe that that won't happen too often either.

Link:
Z06 OEM and Aftermarket Parts Weight List
Old 03-18-2014, 02:36 AM
db2xpert
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

CCW Corsair C10 18x11 24# 12 oz
Old 03-18-2014, 08:08 AM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Received 583 Likes on 313 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Braille GU1R: 6.6lbs (Halltech Race Unit)
Braille ML30C 9.3lbs (Used by Corvette Racing in the C7.R-Halltech street unit.
Braille 340R 9.1lbs

"World Class Performance for your Corvette"
Intake Design and Engineering since 1999
Halltech Systems, LLC
262-510-7600

For service email:
orders@halltechsystems.com

www.halltechsystems.com

Old 03-18-2014, 12:53 PM
Z06Ronald
Melting Slicks

The parts that are listed in Post # 326 and Post # 327 have been added.
Thanks for the contributions, guys.

Originally Posted by db2xpert
CCW Corsair C10 18x11 24# 12 oz
Note - Surprising that these seem to be a tad heavier than the CCW Corsair C10 18"x13". The listed weight - 23.4 lbs - was copied [into the spread sheet] earlier, from Post #1, and I have not been able to trace its accurary.

Originally Posted by Halltech
Braille GU1R: 6.6lbs (Halltech Race Unit)
Braille ML30C 9.3lbs (Used by Corvette Racing in the C7.R-Halltech street unit.
Braille 340R 9.1lbs
The Braille 340R and the Braille ML30C were added previously already.

Link: Z06 OEM and Aftermarket Parts Weight List

________________________________________ _________

Then, there was a PM that I received from Larry (aka 8850) last week.

Below is an excerpt of our conversation:

Hi Ron,

I weighed my front and rear sway bars. Front with factory bushings, no end links, weighs right at 10.7#. Rear with only factory bushings 6.7#. Not sure how the weights got up to 32# with end links but maybe they do weight that much. Not sure I'm helping but that's what my scale says. Larry

My reply:

Hi Larry,

Your question/remark makes sense.
I have tried to sort it out and it appears to be a little complicated. The complicating factor that I observe every now and then (in the original list by post # 1, plus subsequent updates via later posts), is WHAT exactly has been weighed and by whom. Because I was in doubt myself about the sway bar weight as shown in the spread sheet, I had added the link to the source of information in the form of remark: Post # 22 in the Comment column, meaning that what was sourced by Post # 22 need not be 100% accurate per se.
Of course I trust the numbers that you have mentioned here for 100%, so that's not the issue.
Do you mind if I copy/paste your PM to the "Weight List" thread and try to elaborate on it there? This way other forum members may be able to chime in.

Best regards,
Ronald

Reply by Larry:

Sure, go ahead and use what ever info you need or would like to post.

Keep in mind that I don't have a calibrated scale. I do have two scales that measure fairly close to each other. A digital bathroom scale that I used to hold the front bar in my hand and do the subtraction without the bar. Both were fairly close as I took the average. My other scale has some hysteresis in it so it varies somewhat from one weighing to the next but again I feel close as it compares to other items I've weighed and compared.

Really appreciate all the time and effort you are putting into keeping this spread sheet up to date for us. Larry

Larry, your contribution still has my attention. I watched long periods of the 12H of Sebring last weekend (via live streaming, www.imsa.com) and I was too tired too busy with other things to sort this out. Don't despair however, I will come back to your topic later!
Old 03-27-2014, 07:24 PM
Tech Contributor

Location: I tend to be leery of any guy who doesn't own a chainsaw or a handgun.
Received 768 Likes on 550 Posts

I'm interested in the weight of the front suspension crossmember/cradle (C6 and C5 if possible).

Thanks.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:54 PM
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by 69427
I'm interested in the weight of the front suspension crossmember/cradle (C6 and C5 if possible).

Thanks.
Oh man, I just had mine down 2 days ago and I didn't think to weigh it, if I drop anything into the oil pan during my cam swap this weekend Ill weigh it for ya.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:29 PM
Tech Contributor

Location: I tend to be leery of any guy who doesn't own a chainsaw or a handgun.

Originally Posted by 383
Oh man, I just had mine down 2 days ago and I didn't think to weigh it, if I drop anything into the oil pan during my cam swap this weekend Ill weigh it for ya.
I certainly wish you only good luck with the cam swap, but if you do have the opportunity in the future to weigh the cradle I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:16 PM
Tech Contributor

I asked a vendor on a well known auction site about the weight of the C5 cradle he was selling. He was kind enough to answer me, quoting the weight as 44 pounds. I can't vouch for the accuracy of his scale, but if that piece is that stinking heavy then it makes sense why Chevy went to the expense of making the later C6Z part in magnesium.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:04 AM
Z06Ronald
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 69427

Thanks.
The magnesium engine cradle of the Z06 weighs 23.92 lbs / 10.85 kg.
Source:
Hydro Wins Automotive Award for Magnesium Engine Cradle for Corvette
Old 04-06-2014, 11:58 AM
Z06Ronald
Melting Slicks

Updates after March 18, 2014 - Z06 OEM and Aftermarket Parts Weight List
Still pending - Post # 328 and related work.
Attached Images  
Old 04-07-2014, 08:30 PM
Tech Contributor

The magnesium engine cradle of the Z06 weighs 23.92 lbs / 10.85 kg.
Source:
Hydro Wins Automotive Award for Magnesium Engine Cradle for Corvette
Thanks. That's certainly a significant reduction compared to the aluminum piece.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:43 AM
Beach Bum
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I recently purchased some Weld RT-S wheels and race tires.... here is what the scale told me:

17 x 4.7 front skinnie forged Weld Wheel RT-S = 15.4 lbs
17 x 11 rear forged Weld Wheel RT-S = 21.4 lbs

In the below link is the exact design wheel that is being referred to above.

http://weldracing.com/17-in-s71-5x4-75.html#2

For tires, on the rear I have:

MT ET Street bias-ply 26 x 11.5 x 17LT tire = 23 lbs each

The below link shows this exact tire:

https://www.mickeythompsontires.com/...?item=ETStreet

For the Front skinnie tire, I am utilizing the fairly new:

M&H 185/55R17 radial front skinnie tire = 17.8 lbs

The below link shows this tire:

http://www.mandhtires.com/M-H-Drag-R...T#.U1kuKk1OXIU

For a bonus weight.... I weighed my current C5 Z06 front wheel with the ET Streets mounted and the combined weight was 42.2 lbs

Therefore, based upon the above:

My front wheel/tire combination will weigh: 33.2 lbs
(Stock OEM is approximately 50lbs I believe)

My rear wheel/tire combination will weigh: 44.4 lbs
(Stock OEM is approximately 62 lbs I believe)

Therefore, this combination versus stock is reducing approximately 70lbs of driven rotational weight..... I will tell you, based upon experience, this equates to over a tenth in et and even as much as 2 tenths and 2 mph improvements.

Note: Going with a bias ply tire instead of the radial would have given me approximately 5lbs off per wheel off the front combination I believe, give or take a little.

I will say, these Weld RT-S wheels are really well built and sexy as all hell. (But, unfortunately, not cheap either....)

Hope this helps somebody in some small way in making their wheel/tire combo decision.

Edit:

A change I have done, is that I am now running the Hoosier 315/35-17 Drag Radial.... the weight of this is 25 lbs exactly on my scale. Hence, my above rear weight has gone up 2 lbs per wheel/tire on the rear.

(One other note, this was a bathroom scale I used.... I have no idea how accurate it is, but I assume within a lb or two. I hope. )

Last edited by Beach Bum; 05-08-2014 at 05:10 PM.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:06 PM
Z06Ronald
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Beach Bum
I recently purchased some Weld RT-S wheels and race tires.... here is what the scale told me:

17 x 4.7 front skinnie forged Weld Wheel RT-S = 15.4 lbs
17 x 11 rear forged Weld Wheel RT-S = 21.4 lbs

In the below link is the exact design wheel that is being referred to above.

http://weldracing.com/17-in-s71-5x4-75.html#2

For tires, on the rear I have:

MT ET Street bias-ply 26 x 11.5 x 17LT tire = 23 lbs each

The below link shows this exact tire:

https://www.mickeythompsontires.com/...?item=ETStreet

For the Front skinnie tire, I am utilizing the fairly new:

M&H 185/55R17 radial front skinnie tire = 17.8 lbs

The below link shows this tire:

http://www.mandhtires.com/M-H-Drag-R...T#.U1kuKk1OXIU

For a bonus weight.... I weighed my current C5 Z06 front wheel with the ET Streets mounted and the combined weight was 42.2 lbs

Therefore, based upon the above:

My front wheel/tire combination will weigh: 33.2 lbs
(Stock OEM is approximately 50lbs I believe)

My rear wheel/tire combination will weigh: 44.4 lbs
(Stock OEM is approximately 62 lbs I believe)

Therefore, this combination versus stock is reducing approximately 70lbs of driven rotational weight..... I will tell you, based upon experience, this equates to over a tenth in et and even as much as 2 tenths and 2 mph improvements.

Note: Going with a bias ply tire instead of the radial would have given me approximately 5lbs off per wheel off the front combination I believe, give or take a little.

I will say, these Weld RT-S wheels are really well built and sexy as all hell. (But, unfortunately, not cheap either....)

Hope this helps somebody in some small way in making their wheel/tire combo decision.

Edit:

A change I have done, is that I am now running the Hoosier 315/35-17 Drag Radial.... the weight of this is 25 lbs exactly on my scale. Hence, my above rear weight has gone up 2 lbs per wheel/tire on the rear.

(One other note, this was a bathroom scale I used.... I have no idea how accurate it is, but I assume within a lb or two. I hope. )
Thank you for your elaborate post, I have incorporated your additions.
I have used the following link for the Hoosier Drag Radials:
www.hoosiertire.com/specdrag.htm

Link: Z06 OEM and Aftermarket Parts Weight List

Old 05-09-2014, 10:36 PM
5280Racer
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I got my new race muffs today from Dynomax. Part # 24250 Race bullet. 3" in and out 9" overall length and they weigh 2 lbs. 13.7 oz. each

Get notified of new replies

To Z06 OEM and Aftermarket Parts Weight List

Old 05-10-2014, 02:10 AM
CGZO6
Drifting

Received 325 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by 5280Racer
Ok I got my new race muffs today from Dynomax. Part # 24250 Race bullet. 3" in and out 9" overall length and they weigh 2 lbs. 13.7 oz. each

Now, only if they had no drone.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:44 PM
5280Racer
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CGZO6
Now, only if they had no drone.
I don't ever use 6th gear!!! drone wasn't a problem for me I drive high rpms most of the time anyways!!!
Old 05-15-2014, 03:07 PM
Z06Ronald
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 5280Racer

Like post # 328, I will address this one later.
Yet, a few new updates have been incorporated earlier this week:
  • Lindgren Supercars tunnel plate
  • SKF wheel hub & bearing assembly
  • Burns Stainless MhB exhaust, 4.5" and 6.25"

Furthermore, I have incorporated a pdf document in the spreadsheet titled "2006 Corvette Vehicle Dismantling Manual".
This manual contains weight specifications of many OEM parts, so rather than copying all the specs, which is a tedious and error prone chore, I have decided to do it this way.
You can find the icon of the manual in the first worksheet. Double click it and Acrobat Reader will open it for you.

Last but not least, because I cannot always verify the source of information that is posted in this thread and because I am a curious person by nature myself, I have purchased a professional and calibrated weighing scale recently! It's a KERN IFS 30K0.2DL and it can weigh parts up to 35 kilograms. See the attached image.

Spreadsheet link:
Z06 OEM and Aftermarket Parts Weight List
Attached Images  

Last edited by Z06Ronald; 05-15-2014 at 06:49 PM.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Z06 OEM and Aftermarket Parts Weight List