Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] my tricked out hood

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 01:26 AM
Z06-1
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 41 Posts

Default my tricked out hood

matte red vinly wrap.

side view with my 427 badges

custom flags with corvette and z06 in vinly
Old 10-15-2010, 08:42 AM
Mjolitor 68
Race Director

Received 253 Likes on 155 Posts

Looking good
Old 10-15-2010, 08:48 AM
rovers2000
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cool hood nice flag.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:58 AM
GMuffley
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I likey.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:32 AM
NASTY ZO6
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice! That should let some heat out for sure. Looks good!
Old 10-15-2010, 12:14 PM
dave1234
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

I want your car. That looks so awesome
Old 10-15-2010, 12:45 PM
OregonC6
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

With that much extra clearance you could probably put a real 427 big block under the hood. You guys are kinda pushing this "427" thing. You know, the LS7 is a far more powerful engine than any old 427 bb ever built! It's advanced in many ways over the old beasts. You're comparing yourselves to a far inferior engine imo.

Many of you who decorate your Z06s with these three numbers need to pay attention at your next car show. Find a real 427 car....take a look at the head and size of the block and then go back and look at your engine ( if you can see it under the plastic covers ). With that much real estate on the head I don't recall there being a lifter/valve problem with the 396/427/454 that there is with the LS7 and it's offset lifters.

It's all a matter of opinion here. I see a lot of craftsmanship in your hood mods and congratulate you. I see a lot of design work and congratulate you. But, being older now and remembering the past I just shake my head and mutter "what a shame" to do this to a stock car.

Someday, someone will toss that hood and search near and far for an unmodified one so they can return your ( their ) car back to stock.

Years ago people had a lot more respect for these cars as they came from the factory. Flame me if you like, I'm not saying anything personally abusive....just my opinion about the hood mods. I simply cannot think of anything to say but "What a shame.".
Old 10-15-2010, 12:52 PM
CB1953
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

....still looking to get a Z06 I see, going on what, 5 years now??
Old 10-15-2010, 01:03 PM
1badtantrum
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I like it. Is the red on the underside vinyl wrap as well? DIY?
Considering a world challenge hood myself. Yours is a bit more aggressive than the WC hoods I've seen but I like the cooling and lift benefits.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:52 PM
FNBADAZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 634 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by OregonC6
With that much extra clearance you could probably put a real 427 big block under the hood. You guys are kinda pushing this "427" thing. You know, the LS7 is a far more powerful engine than any old 427 bb ever built! It's advanced in many ways over the old beasts. You're comparing yourselves to a far inferior engine imo.

Many of you who decorate your Z06s with these three numbers need to pay attention at your next car show. Find a real 427 car....take a look at the head and size of the block and then go back and look at your engine ( if you can see it under the plastic covers ). With that much real estate on the head I don't recall there being a lifter/valve problem with the 396/427/454 that there is with the LS7 and it's offset lifters.

It's all a matter of opinion here. I see a lot of craftsmanship in your hood mods and congratulate you. I see a lot of design work and congratulate you. But, being older now and remembering the past I just shake my head and mutter "what a shame" to do this to a stock car.

Someday, someone will toss that hood and search near and far for an unmodified one so they can return your ( their ) car back to stock.

Years ago people had a lot more respect for these cars as they came from the factory. Flame me if you like, I'm not saying anything personally abusive....just my opinion about the hood mods. I simply cannot think of anything to say but "What a shame.".
"real" 427, huh ? Typical non-427 owner speak
Old 10-15-2010, 02:26 PM
hedgehead
Race Director

Location: I'm not doing as well as I expected, but I never expected I would
Received 109 Likes on 96 Posts

Oh..its real alright
Old 10-15-2010, 02:35 PM
Iceman427
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

uh what? I like the vented hood look a lot better. I like aftermarket rims a lot better. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean you should come in someone's thread and put down, not only his modification, but all body modification in general. Wow.

Leave your car stock. To me, that is boring and doesn't allow you to show any of your own creativity. Most people who mod there car do so because they feel it is an improvement to the car. In this case, it is.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:51 PM
PeterM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is total I drove an original Baldwin Motion Camaro home from the showroom back in '68 and it sure didn't have a stock hood or wheels. And I doubt anyone now would be looking to restore one with OEM wheels or hood. Oh, yeah, the 427 wasn't quite OEM either...

out o
Old 10-15-2010, 04:22 PM
dave1234
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

YOU got emotional problems. Why dont you keep you discriminating words to yourself.

I like the stock look of cars too, but when I see something cool, I can keep an open mind. GO crawl under a log
Old 10-15-2010, 05:53 PM
CB1953
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Now, now, don't be too harsh on old Oregon...he's been posting here for a long time telling us about all of the conditions that would have to be met for him to finally step up with the big boys and buy a Z. Obviously he lurks here because that hasn't happened....but he is good for a few laughs now and then....
Old 10-15-2010, 07:16 PM
molon labe
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

nice work! really looks great.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:09 PM
Vette5.5
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You're not hearing anything necessarily bad from here, but does remind me a lot of a 70's movie featuring original Star Wars actor Mark Hamill "Corvette Summer"

Get notified of new replies

To my tricked out hood

Old 10-15-2010, 11:53 PM
Z06-1
Pro

Default I love that vette ......lol

Originally Posted by Vette5.5
You're not hearing anything necessarily bad from here, but does remind me a lot of a 70's movie featuring original Star Wars actor Mark Hamill "Corvette Summer"
WELL THAT HOOD IS A BIT TOO AGRESSIVE EVEN FOR MY TASTE AND A BIT GORDY ....
Old 10-16-2010, 12:05 AM
Z06-1
Pro

Default To each his own mr oregon.

Originally Posted by oregonc6
with that much extra clearance you could probably put a real 427 big block under the hood. You guys are kinda pushing this "427" thing. You know, the ls7 is a far more powerful engine than any old 427 bb ever built! It's advanced in many ways over the old beasts. You're comparing yourselves to a far inferior engine imo.

Many of you who decorate your z06s with these three numbers need to pay attention at your next car show. Find a real 427 car....take a look at the head and size of the block and then go back and look at your engine ( if you can see it under the plastic covers ). With that much real estate on the head i don't recall there being a lifter/valve problem with the 396/427/454 that there is with the ls7 and it's offset lifters.

It's all a matter of opinion here. I see a lot of craftsmanship in your hood mods and congratulate you. I see a lot of design work and congratulate you. But, being older now and remembering the past i just shake my head and mutter "what a shame" to do this to a stock car.

Years ago people had a lot more respect for these cars as they came from the factory. Flame me if you like, i'm not saying anything personally abusive....just my opinion about the hood mods. I simply cannot think of anything to say but "what a shame.".
i still have the stock hood in my garage maybe im a bit younger than you sir and have different taste, im sure as i get older i will probably feel the same , as for now im 40 yrs old and this is my taste ,i love to mod my cars .....maybe one day i will grow up mr oregon
Old 10-16-2010, 12:08 AM
Z06-1
Pro

Default Now thats a sweet camaro

Originally Posted by PeterM
That is total I drove an original Baldwin Motion Camaro home from the showroom back in '68 and it sure didn't have a stock hood or wheels. And I doubt anyone now would be looking to restore one with OEM wheels or hood. Oh, yeah, the 427 wasn't quite OEM either...

out o
I LOVE THE BALDWINS ,THE COPOS THOSE WERE ANIMALS GOD BLESS YOU FOR OWNING ONE OF THE MOST LEGENDARY CAR EVER MADE

Quick Reply: [Z06] my tricked out hood