Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Stretch bra for Z06?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 06:30 AM
Uncle Meat
Le Mans Master

Received 97 Likes on 57 Posts

Default Stretch bra for Z06?

Okay when I first bought my vette in '09 I also ordered a stretch bra with matching side mirror socks. I do not know what brand it is/was, but I did order it through a vendor on this site. It may have been a Novi I'm not sure. It came with chrome snaps that I had to install around the front wheel wells. Problem was in hot weather with stop and go traffic my Z would go into limp mode because the stretch bra blocked a lot of the air from getting to the radiator. I'm going on a 5000+ mile road trip next month and I recently had my XPEL covering removed from the front end of the car because I got bit by a road gator and required some repair/repainting.

So I need something to keep the bugs and small debris from taking a toll on this trip. Is overheating still an issue with these stretch bras? Suggestions for a replacement brand?

TIA

U.M.
Old 08-14-2016, 02:58 PM
2k Cobra
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Meat
Okay when I first bought my vette in '09 I also ordered a stretch bra with matching side mirror socks. I do not know what brand it is/was, but I did order it through a vendor on this site. It may have been a Novi I'm not sure. It came with chrome snaps that I had to install around the front wheel wells. Problem was in hot weather with stop and go traffic my Z would go into limp mode because the stretch bra blocked a lot of the air from getting to the radiator. I'm going on a 5000+ mile road trip next month and I recently had my XPEL covering removed from the front end of the car because I got bit by a road gator and required some repair/repainting.

So I need something to keep the bugs and small debris from taking a toll on this trip. Is overheating still an issue with these stretch bras? Suggestions for a replacement brand?

TIA

U.M.
I currently have a 13 GS with a Novi.

On the road it doesn't hurt cooling much. (45 mph +) In stop and go city driving my fan runs more than without itl.

I found it very helpful on long trips..

Enjoy your trip and let us know, 2k
Old 08-14-2016, 06:39 PM
Uncle Meat
Le Mans Master

Received 97 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by 2k Cobra
I currently have a 13 GS with a Novi.

On the road it doesn't hurt cooling much. (45 mph +) In stop and go city driving my fan runs more than without itl.

I found it very helpful on long trips..

Enjoy your trip and let us know, 2k
What happens when it gets wet? My previous nylon bra was even worse at allowing air to pass through when wet. I'm wondering if there's a nylon stretch bra out there with the front cut open to allow air to get to the radiator. The Novi looks just like what I have now and it is too restrictive.

U.M.
Old 08-14-2016, 06:55 PM
2k Cobra
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Meat
What happens when it gets wet? My previous nylon bra was even worse at allowing air to pass through when wet. I'm wondering if there's a nylon stretch bra out there with the front cut open to allow air to get to the radiator. The Novi looks just like what I have now and it is too restrictive.

U.M.
I drove mine in rain on the Caravan. 5,500 mi. No bad issues. I have a clear bra on the front which protects paint if I get some grit between mask and car.

I've seen some with an opening for radiator which in my opinion are butt ugly. Don't know brand, but if you use Google, you can find one..

Get notified of new replies

To Stretch bra for Z06?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Stretch bra for Z06?