Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Now Importing the Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust System

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 12:25 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Received 583 Likes on 313 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Now Importing the Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust System

Halltech is now importing the awesome Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust System. -31 lbs for their full Titanium system. Ours is installed!!! Holy Crap!!

If you have headers, you will only be able to install the slip on Titanium cat backs, since their full EVO system anticipates stock exhaust manifolds and cats.

Still, -21 lbs, and +13 HP is not too shaby. The pricing is very expensive, and not for everyone.

Akravoic Website information

Video

"World Class Performance for your Corvette"
Intake Design and Engineering since 1999
Halltech Systems, LLC
262-510-7600

For service email:
orders@halltechsystems.com

www.halltechsystems.com

Last edited by Halltech; 04-01-2010 at 10:33 AM.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:31 PM
Shark Racer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 242 Likes on 201 Posts

$$$?
Old 03-16-2010, 12:43 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Shark Racer
$$$?
Description
Price USD
CORVETTE Z06 - ZR1
SLIP ON SYSTEM SS (TÜV approved/Street legal) Stainless steel exhaust system, with mufflers
Titanium OR Carbon tailpipes dia 125 mm

CORVETTE Z06 - ZR1
SLIP ON SYSTEM Ti (TÜV approved/Street legal) Titanium exhaust system, with mufflers

CORVETTE Z06 - ZR1
EVOLUTION SYSTEM SSStainless steel exhaust system, with cross-over pipe and mufflers

CORVETTE Z06 - ZR1
EVOLUTION SYSTEM TiTitanium exhaust system, with cross-over pipe and mufflers

WIRELESS KIT
CORVETTE Z06 - ZR1
Optional wireless control of exhaust flaps
Includes switch, transmitter, electromagnetic valve, vacuum actuators, fitting material

These prices include import costs to Milwaukee, duty and broker fees, but does not include shipping to your location from us. I would have to estimate that.

Jim
Old 03-16-2010, 01:08 PM
LS3 Machine
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

I can't wait to hear a review of these, and hopefully hear a sound clip. They are a little expen$ive, but I like the weight loss of the car, and the retention of the dual mode.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:54 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by LS3 Machine
I can't wait to hear a review of these, and hopefully hear a sound clip. They are a little expen$ive, but I like the weight loss of the car, and the retention of the dual mode.
We should have them by the 21st. First set in the USA (I think); The problem is adapting the full EVO system to the Kooks Headers. The Kooks cat/xpipe will have to go, but the headers will stay. Some cutting required, but no welding on the titanium. That is impossible without proper equipment, so our shop will likely find another way.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:30 PM
JDMUSCLE
Drifting

Received 105 Likes on 64 Posts

They sure do look siinister on the car!! Love the look of any exhaust that fills up the space between the reverse lights!!

Sound Clips?
Old 03-16-2010, 02:35 PM
40YRW8
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Jim,
I seem to have an unnatural fondness for things titanium (at least my wife thinks so) and I have been waiting for something like this for a long time. If they had been a $5000 option on the Z I would have jumped at it. The system looks really good. Please, the first person that buys a set, beg them for me to have them installed at a shop with a dyno and do a A/B test back to back on the same day. My wife just lost her job a few months ago and my titanium project is on hold for a while or I would be the first. However, horsepower isn't the reason I would buy them. I would actually give up about 10 to 15 horsepower in order to get the weight savings. Now, if only someone would build a nice long tube header out of titanium the world would again be in balance.
Gary
P.S. Have you guys ever done a flow test of the stock Z cat and a Random Tech or Carsound 3 inch cat?

Last edited by 40YRW8; 03-16-2010 at 04:22 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:47 PM
1stZ
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I realize you have yet to do an install, so I'm not expecting response to this quick question immediately but the so that you could add to the list of info you could take notes and my question is as follows: if one has a brey kraus tow hook, will the tail pipes have any rubbing/fitment issues? Also, is it safe to assume one can continue to use their M2W switch if one already has one? Interested more for sound improvement with a headers already installed in the car. I used to have Corsa and they were perfect without the headers. But too much with the addition of headers so I went back to stock. TIA.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:09 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by LS3 Machine
I have a link to the YouTube Video. I love the sound. Not too loud, but they are installed on a stock exhaust manifold with cats in the video.

Link to Video
Old 03-16-2010, 03:09 PM
obzidian
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Even for a SS slip-on, they sure expensive... I wonder how much of that is shipping costs of bring the exhaust over seas?
Old 03-16-2010, 03:13 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by obzidian
Even for a SS slip-on, they sure expensive... I wonder how much of that is shipping costs of bring the exhaust over seas?
Included in my pricing if we can round up 10 systems to order at a time.

$150 Euros from there to Milwaukee Airport for 1 system. I will find out the duty, etc. next week.

If we order 5 systems at a time, the shipping goes down to $600 Euros for all 5 or 100 Euros each.

10 systems, and I can absorb that part of the shipping and fees.

Stocking these is obviously not going to happen right away. If we can get 8 orders, I will order 10 and cover the shipping costs to the USA and have 2 for stock.

You would only pay for the shipping from WI to your door. Should be light.

Jim
Old 03-16-2010, 03:44 PM
BobJ
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Akro has been making full TI exhaust systems for sport bikes for years and they are regarded as the cream of the crop. If I recall corrrectly the TI system for my Hayabusa was $1500, and it has a LOT less material.

The price is too rich for me, but for those who don't balk at the price, it will be a very nice piece.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:23 AM
EX1
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

do they sell just the CF slip on tips? I really like the look of those.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:47 AM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by 1stZ
I realize you have yet to do an install, so I'm not expecting response to this quick question immediately but the so that you could add to the list of info you could take notes and my question is as follows: if one has a brey kraus tow hook, will the tail pipes have any rubbing/fitment issues? Also, is it safe to assume one can continue to use their M2W switch if one already has one? Interested more for sound improvement with a headers already installed in the car. I used to have Corsa and they were perfect without the headers. But too much with the addition of headers so I went back to stock. TIA.
Not sure about the tow hook, but the MTW switch will work as it did before. The EVO system reuses the stock vacuum switching mechanism, with Bi-mode valving all the same. They have their own remote setup, which is way cool, but 5 times as expensive, so we will not be importing them, unless someone wants them. I'll have full videos today. It took 2 days to install the carbon fiber driveshaft by Pfadt. Definitely not worth the 5 lbs weight savings, when you consider the $2000 price tag and 2 days of labor to do it right.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:50 AM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

We are going to work with Kooks Headers to see if they will be able to make up a conversion (Off Road only) kit, which will allow their headers to connect to the EVO titanium X-pipe.

We made our own from their X-pipe and the stock doughnut flange on the downpipe. It eliminates the cats, but -58 lbs total weight and maybe 15 HP with the cats gone, will be a significant improvement.

The sound? We'll know at high noon.

Jim
Old 04-01-2010, 10:30 AM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by EX1
do they sell just the CF slip on tips? I really like the look of those.

Not at this time. I think they want them to be proprietary to their Titanium EVO exhaust.

If anyone is thinking about ordering, today is the day. I am ordering 3 more full EVO systems, and 2 slip on systems tomorrow. 2 are sold, with 2 others thinking hard about ordering today.

CARBON FIBER TIPS (OPTIONAL AT NO ADDITIONAL COST)

Get onboard today, or it will be the end of April before we order more.

The pricing on our website includes the shipping costs to the USA, all duties, broker fees, HLS inspection, on and on. What a pain, but it is worth it. The shipping from Milwaukee airport to your door is additional, but should be around $100 max depending on where you live. We will only ship to the USA.

FULL TITANIUM SYSTEM ORDER HERE

SLIP ON TITANIUM SYSTEM ORDER HERE
Old 04-01-2010, 10:52 AM
0spoiled996
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Could these be modified to fit a Z06 that has an A6 transmission installed on it? I just got the Z06 Corsa system installed but I love the sound of these. Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To Now Importing the Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust System

Old 04-01-2010, 11:06 AM
VGLNTE1
Le Mans Master

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

wow...that is F430 and Mercilagio exhaust price teritory
Old 04-01-2010, 11:07 AM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by spoiled996
Could these be modified to fit a Z06 that has an A6 transmission installed on it? I just got the Z06 Corsa system installed but I love the sound of these. Thanks!
I don't know if you could use the xpipe section, unless you are using the stock H or aftermarket X pipe back now.

If so, the full system will work. If not, I would stick with the slip ons since they replace stock with all the Bi-mode features left.

We have 3 left unsold on our order as of 10:00 AM Thursday.

Jim
Old 04-01-2010, 11:07 AM
Minkster
Melting Slicks

Received 103 Likes on 64 Posts

Any drone or are they quiet like stock at 1500-2000 RPM?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Now Importing the Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust System