Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Anyone else running the new Stage II heads from WCCH?

Old 01-15-2010, 05:44 PM
C54CSTER
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone else running the new Stage II heads from WCCH?

Hey guys!!

Is anyone already running the latest CNC porting job on our LS7 heads from West Coast Cylinder Heads? I wanted to see if there were any results already out there.

I removed my heads and sent them down to Richard at West Coast for the new porting program and am itching to get them back and installed!!

I already had my heads ported and milled .030" by WCCH a few months back but then heard that Richard had finished his CNC work on the intake side of the heads. I figured why not and pulled mine off and sent them down.

My prior numbers were 582/525 with a custom cam from Rick at Synergy and the milled/exhaust ported factory heads from WCCH. My car also has ARH longtubes, cai, ported factory TB and intake, etc. I can't wait to see how much the heads will add or whether the car will drive differently, etc., so I was hoping maybe somebody else had already gone with a set of the Stage II heads. Guess I'll find out soon one way or another!!

Thanks for any feedback! I'll keep everyone posted as to when I get the heads and have them on the car.

Christian
Old 01-17-2010, 06:59 PM
C54CSTER
Drifting

Got the heads back from Richard at WCCH....they look unreal. From the responses (or lack thereof -- LOL) it sounds like I may be the first, or one of the first, to run his new CNC ported design. I'll have them on the car and dyno tuned ASAP. I'll report back on the results!!!

Christian
Old 01-17-2010, 07:18 PM
Nick 02 Z06
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by C54CSTER
Got the heads back from Richard at WCCH....they look unreal. From the responses (or lack thereof -- LOL) it sounds like I may be the first, or one of the first, to run his new CNC ported design. I'll have them on the car and dyno tuned ASAP. I'll report back on the results!!!

Christian
I'm very interested. What valves are you running? Any pics of the port work? How much? Turnaroun?
Old 01-17-2010, 07:53 PM
rattt g
Melting Slicks

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Christian
i hope they did not open them up too much
Old 01-18-2010, 01:18 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

I know another car that is running the same heads you are. He had them done a couple months ago and put on his C6Z. I think it made 586/520 or something close. I would imagine it is only worth a few HP over the work you already had done, so don't expect a ton of extra HP.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:05 PM
C54CSTER
Drifting

Originally Posted by Nick 02 Z06
I'm very interested. What valves are you running? Any pics of the port work? How much? Turnaroun?
Stock intake valves and stainless steel exhaust valves. Cost will depend on what you have done. Milling, porting, Stage I or II, what valve springs, retainers, etc. you go with...somewhere right around $1,000, give or take a few $$$. Everything comes back looking like new, fully assembled and ready to run.

Turnaround time was really quick too. Couple of days for shipping, couple of days for all the work on the heads and a couple of days for shipping back!

Ryne knows Richard really well...he can give you more details too, I'm sure. Do it!!!

Christian
Old 01-18-2010, 02:15 PM
C54CSTER
Drifting

Originally Posted by rattt g
i hope they did not open them up too much
No, I asked about that too. WCCH's main target for the Stage II work was to pick up big flow #s on the top end without sacrificing the flow of the heads on the low end. These flowed more than 400 cfm at max lift. I hear you though. Knowing what I do about Richard, he's not going to bring something to the market without thoroughly testing and re-testing his results though.

Christian
Old 01-18-2010, 03:09 PM
DSteck
Safety Car

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
Tech Contributor

No, I asked about that too. WCCH's main target for the Stage II work was to pick up big flow #s on the top end without sacrificing the flow of the heads on the low end. These flowed more than 400 cfm at max lift. I hear you though. Knowing what I do about Richard, he's not going to bring something to the market without thoroughly testing and re-testing his results though.

Christian
I saw the numbers, and they looked pretty good. Seemed to really stabilize everything over 0.600" lift. Mine are coming off soon to go back to him, but most of my gains are going to come from cutting a bunch of material off the head.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:58 AM
0Cunningham Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

richard is simply awesome, i have had him porting heads for ever since i start messin with lsx motors, he is always been very helpful and his work has always been second too none

christian my slave cylinder in my vette just took a crap, so i may use this down time to pull the heads and let richard do his magic
Old 01-19-2010, 03:41 PM
C54CSTER
Drifting

Originally Posted by RichieRichZ06
I know another car that is running the same heads you are. He had them done a couple months ago and put on his C6Z. I think it made 586/520 or something close. I would imagine it is only worth a few HP over the work you already had done, so don't expect a ton of extra HP.
Sounds good Rich. WCCH has these heads flowing over 400 cfm so we'll see I guess. It could be that I won't realize much from here on out until I change the intake to a FAST 102 also. I'm still hoping for a little bump from the previous numbers though.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:42 PM
C54CSTER
Drifting

Originally Posted by DSteck
I saw the numbers, and they looked pretty good. Seemed to really stabilize everything over 0.600" lift. Mine are coming off soon to go back to him, but most of my gains are going to come from cutting a bunch of material off the head.
Milling them is going to be where most of the gains come from, that is very true. Since you're going to have them off the car anyway, I'd say go for the Stage II. That way you at least know you're getting everything out of the heads while still staying reasonable on the $$$ side.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:44 PM
C54CSTER
Drifting

Originally Posted by RyneZ06
richard is simply awesome, i have had him porting heads for ever since i start messin with lsx motors, he is always been very helpful and his work has always been second too none

christian my slave cylinder in my vette just took a crap, so i may use this down time to pull the heads and let richard do his magic
Richard is one of the good guys in this business.

That sucks Ryne. I like your thinking though -- get them off the motor and go for it. Perfect timing!!
Old 01-19-2010, 03:46 PM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

Location: Birmingham, AL www.hinsonsupercars.com 205-909-9402
Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

Richard does great work I would put on the FAST Intake to pickup a nice chunk of power over what you already have.

Seth

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone else running the new Stage II heads from WCCH?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Anyone else running the new Stage II heads from WCCH?