Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] My 360 Forged Nightmare!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 02:08 PM
Etrain
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 360 Forged Nightmare!!!

Well, I guess I'll start from the beginning. I phoned 360 Forged and talked to Jordan directly about a thread he had started, claiming he had some left over or cancelled wheels that were fully machined for a Z06 and ready for the customer's choice of finishing. So here we go, i picked a custom finish which was "Brushed Espresso" with a painted black lip & a red stripe that was to be applied on my Split 7's(weren't my first choice but they were avaiable and I was told they could be painted and shipped in 1 week), Nitto Invo's were also ordered and were to be mounted and balanced. I then gave Jordan my Visa # and on September 05, 08 was charged $4025.00usd which was only 50% of the total bill. I was excited to say the least!!!

Here's where the gongshow begins. On September 10th,08 I'm called by Jordan saying the wheels were finished and that he would charge my Visa the remaining balance of $4025usd. Wow, what excellent customer service!! My wheels are hittin the sky and will be in Canada soon, I can't wait!! On September 16th, 08 the wheels/tires have arrived at the airport and I'm peeling rubber in my truck to go get them. So I'm at the loading dock waiting to grab these 4 boxes and a forklift comes over with the cargo.. The boxes sure look small, could they have forgot to put the tires on? So I load them in the back and drive a block or 2, the suspense is killing me and I gotta pull over and check.. I open the boxes and there's no tires, the wrapper has came completely off the nutbar!! Not only does my $8050usd Wheel/Tire combo not have any tires, the finish is not their signature "Brushed Espresso". Saying I'm livid is the understatement of the millenium!! The tires missing is one thing but when Jordan sent me a pic of the wheels before they were shipped I phoned him back saying the center's looked really light in color and didn't appear to be "Brushed Espresso", they looked like a clear coated brushed finish.. He re-assured me that they were "Brushed Espresso" and they looked sick!!! But really, who am I to judge one of North America's greatest custom wheels manufacturers? I then decided that they weren't even close to what I wanted and called Jordan to say I'll be shipping them back, which he was cool with..

I then shipped the wheels back to 360 the following day, Keep in mind it is now Sept 17. After seeing the Split 7's in person I told Jordan that I wanted Mesh 10's instead and to get on it asap(remember that I changed the order to Mesh 10's from Split 7's for later on in my story). He told me they would be done in and shipped 3-4weeks. What I don't understand is how there is no urgency, and they can't get them out in 1-2 weeks rush ordered, whatever. So mid October rolls around and nothing, I call and am told they will be shipped in 1 week which I'm cool with. He's has now screwed me to the point where I can't use my car before winter anyways, although i still would like my wheels asap.. After a phone call per week and alotta snapshows Jordan and I come to terms on a small discount considering it's December 11, yes that's right Dec 11th. He then says I will have my wheels before Xmas which never happened, am I surprised? Not at all!! So I get a phonecall from Jordan saying they will be shipped on Dec 27 and should have them soon. The New Year rolls around and still no wheels, but it's vacation time for 360 forged after the Xmas break so lets shut the shop down and all go to Japan. That sounds like a great way to screw people like myself outta the wheels we deserve, time to wait longer. So they get back from Japan and after 10 days(it's now the middle of January) I'm told they screwed my wheels up somehow with the offset and would have to start from scratch. Yes people everything I'm saying is true and not a lie, this is now officially a nightmare!!!

So they start over and assure me it'll only be 1 week because now I guess they care about customer service for some reason.. So now it's February 10th and over 5 months, yep 5 months. Jordan calls and says that the centers are finished in "Brushed Espresso" and he'll email me a pick, I'm pumped.. So I open the email and the center's that they finished in "Brushed Espresso" are Split 7's We changed my order from Split 7's to Mesh 10's in September!!! You have got to be kidding me!!!! Here we go again people, Jordan says it will only take 1 week and my new Mesh 10's will be shipped, gauranteed!! Yeah right!! As of March 11 I still have no wheels and am getting the run around on a daily/weekly/monthly/soon to be yearly basis. Some people might say why didn't you cancel, but the fact of the matter is when you want something and have paid for it, shouldn't you get it? As of right now I still have no wheels and am being told every 3 days (only because I call) that they'll email pics of them right away. Over the 6 month time period I've called and emailed them probably a total of 50 times and have been called back after I leave a message maybe 4 times at the most!!

Sorry for being so looong in this story but to tell you the truth I left out tonnes of stupid stories and excuses that I've been told over the last 6 months by 360 Forged. Anyone who comes on the forum and says they've been screwed around by 360 or some other vendor because they've waited 5 weeks or something, just read my story and you'll feel alot better..

To say I have been patient with this is an understatement!! GL with your future purchases people

Last edited by Etrain; 03-11-2009 at 02:13 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:16 PM
GaryZ06
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Etrain
Well, I guess I'll start from the beginning. I phoned 360 Forged and talked to Jordan directly about a thread he had started, claiming he had some left over or cancelled wheels that were fully machined for a Z06 and ready for the customer's choice of finishing. So here we go, i picked a custom finish which was "Brushed Espresso" with a painted black lip & a red stripe that was to be applied on my Split 7's(weren't my first choice but they were avaiable and I was told they could be painted and shipped in 1 week), Nitto Invo's were also ordered and were to be mounted and balanced. I then gave Jordan my Visa # and on September 05, 08 was charged $4025.00usd which was only 50% of the total bill. I was excited to say the least!!!

Here's where the gongshow begins. On September 10th,08 I'm called by Jordan saying the wheels were finished and that he would charge my Visa the remaining balance of $4025usd. Wow, what excellent customer service!! My wheels are hittin the sky and will be in Canada soon, I can't wait!! On September 16th, 08 the wheels/tires have arrived at the airport and I'm peeling rubber in my truck to go get them. So I'm at the loading dock waiting to grab these 4 boxes and a forklift comes over with the cargo.. The boxes sure look small, could they have forgot to put the tires on? So I load them in the back and drive a block or 2, the suspense is killing me and I gotta pull over and check.. I open the boxes and there's no tires, the wrapper has came completely off the nutbar!! Not only does my $8050usd Wheel/Tire combo not have any tires, the finish is not their signature "Brushed Espresso". Saying I'm livid is the understatement of the millenium!! The tires missing is one thing but when Jordan sent me a pic of the wheels before they were shipped I phoned him back saying the center's looked really light in color and didn't appear to be "Brushed Espresso", they looked like a clear coated brushed finish.. He re-assured me that they were "Brushed Espresso" and they looked sick!!! But really, who am I to judge one of North America's greatest custom wheels manufacturers? I then decided that they weren't even close to what I wanted and called Jordan to say I'll be shipping them back, which he was cool with..

I then shipped the wheels back to 360 the following day, Keep in mind it is now Sept 17. After seeing the Split 7's in person I told Jordan that I wanted Mesh 10's instead and to get on it asap(remember that I changed the order to Mesh 10's from Split 7's for later on in my story). He told me they would be done in and shipped 3-4weeks. What I don't understand is how there is no urgency, and they can't get them out in 1-2 weeks rush ordered, whatever. So mid October rolls around and nothing, I call and am told they will be shipped in 1 week which I'm cool with. He's has now screwed me to the point where I can't use my car before winter anyways, although i still would like my wheels asap.. After a phone call per week and alotta snapshows Jordan and I come to terms on a small discount considering it's December 11, yes that's right Dec 11th. He then says I will have my wheels before Xmas which never happened, am I surprised? Not at all!! So I get a phonecall from Jordan saying they will be shipped on Dec 27 and should have them soon. The New Year rolls around and still no wheels, but it's vacation time for 360 forged after the Xmas break so lets shut the shop down and all go to Japan. That sounds like a great way to screw people like myself outta the wheels we deserve, time to wait longer. So they get back from Japan and after 10 days(it's now the middle of January) I'm told they screwed my wheels up somehow with the offset and would have to start from scratch. Yes people everything I'm saying is true and not a lie, this is now officially a nightmare!!!

So they start over and assure me it'll only be 1 week because now I guess they care about customer service for some reason.. So now it's February 10th and over 5 months, yep 5 months. Jordan calls and says that the centers are finished in "Brushed Espresso" and he'll email me a pick, I'm pumped.. So I open the email and the center's that they finished in "Brushed Espresso" are Split 7's We changed my order from Split 7's to Mesh 10's in September!!! You have got to be kidding me!!!! Here we go again people, Jordan says it will only take 1 week and my new Mesh 10's will be shipped, gauranteed!! Yeah right!! As of March 11 I still have no wheels and am getting the run around on a daily/weekly/monthly/soon to be yearly basis. Some people might say why didn't you cancel, but the fact of the matter is when you want something and have paid for it, shouldn't you get it? As of right now I still have no wheels and am being told every 3 days (only because I call) that they'll email pics of them right away. Over the 6 month time period I've called and emailed them probably a total of 50 times and have been called back after I leave a message maybe 4 times at the most!!

Sorry for being so looong in this story but to tell you the truth I left out tonnes of stupid stories and excuses that I've been told over the last 6 months by 360 Forged. Anyone who comes on the forum and says they've been screwed around by 360 or some other vendor because they've waited 5 weeks or something, just read my story and you'll feel alot better..

To say I have been patient with this is an understatement!! GL with your future purchases people
If it's true....dude I would cancel my CC.....There are other wheel companies out there....Good luck.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:22 PM
F1 CYA
Instructor

Damn!!!!
Old 03-11-2009, 02:25 PM
Etrain
Instructor

Originally Posted by GaryZ06
If it's true....dude I would cancel my CC.....There are other wheel companies out there....Good luck.
I promise you everything in that is true!! I have been nothing but patient with 360 and have finally reached my breaking point.. Not once has Jordan or anyone at 360 been rude or anything like that but enough is enough!!
Old 03-11-2009, 02:27 PM
jerseydrew
Melting Slicks

Received 162 Likes on 78 Posts

you get added to the list. you are not the first person to report this. i would certainly pick something different. HRE and Forgeline are reporting some fantasticly fast turnarounds right now.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:36 PM
GaryZ06
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Etrain
I promise you everything in that is true!! I have been nothing but patient with 360 and have finally reached my breaking point.. Not once has Jordan or anyone at 360 been rude or anything like that but enough is enough!!
I believe you as this has happened to many times...There is another company in Miami that makes similar wheels and they are a sponsor here.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:57 PM
DEAD EYE
Racer

Sadly, something tells me this thread won't be around long. When you finally do get them, check everything before you mount them. I don't know their return policy but alot of these wheel companies will void your warranty once the car rolls on the wheels.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:08 PM
805Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jerseydrew
you get added to the list. you are not the first person to report this.
Originally Posted by GaryZ06
I believe you as this has happened to many times...
Originally Posted by DEAD EYE
Sadly, something tells me this thread won't be around long.

How long will the admins of the forum let this continue...
Old 03-11-2009, 03:18 PM
jdurhan
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 87 Likes on 37 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Thats really . I hope you can get it resolved soon, you have more patience then I do.

Maybe 360 spends too much time on photography(they have a lot photo shoots) and not enough time manufacturing wheels.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:19 PM
TAILWAG
Melting Slicks

Well, if this is a legitimate complaint and after 6 months there is no resolution, why would mods lock this thread? It would however, be nice to hear the 360 F side...as there are always 2 sides to ever story...
Old 03-11-2009, 03:21 PM
NXTFAZE
Melting Slicks

Received 258 Likes on 76 Posts

I B T L.... unfortunatley.

I feel for ya.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:26 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by TAILWAG
Well, if this is a legitimate complaint and after 6 months there is no resolution, why would mods lock this thread? It would however, be nice to hear the 360 F side...as there are always 2 sides to ever story...
probably because as usual a couple things happen.

the rules for a dispute are not followed...they are clearly posted in the rules section. This thread qualifies as it contains more than just facts..it contains opinions.

also as usual we have members who participate in the thread and say things that are in violation of the same rule.

Why this is so hard to understand I really do not know

Now....that being said. I will be in contact with 360 and savewave who deals with the forum vendors.

Just for future reference Moderators have NO power over vendors and whether they stay or go. We simply are here to monitor the board and enforce the rules.

If you have questions please PM me I will try and answer them or direct you to someone who can.

In the meantime I have some emails to send.

Get notified of new replies

To My 360 Forged Nightmare!!!

Quick Reply: [Z06] My 360 Forged Nightmare!!!