Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Ok final word and update on mgw shifter please read if interested>>>>

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 10:04 AM
0MGW George
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'11

Default Ok final word and update on mgw shifter please read if interested>>>>

OK GUYS AFTER 6 WEEKS OF WORKING ON THIS SHIFTER DEAL I HAVE FINALLY COME TO A RESOLUTION.....

Here are my findings....

1. the current design shifter that is out is STILL a great design for 90 percent of owners and working great in many test cars. NOTHING worng with this design . Only issue is some rattling in some cars mainly z06 c6 cars but yes i do understand some others as well. BUT for the most part they are quiet.

2. In working with my 2009 z06 as a test mule i have come to the conclusion that the noise and vibration coming from the shifters is 100 percent originating from the vibration of the tranny and shifter box. yes making the shifter tighter or looser from car to car seems to help and yes the stock **** also doesnt make things better due to its inherent tendency to buzz but the fact remains that this is a situation where you basically have to make a compromise and decide if you want a rubbery mushy quiet shifter or a solid precise perfect feeling shifter that may exhibit more noise at certain times, temps and rpms.

THE GREAT NEWS!!!!!!

in working with trying to quiet the shifter down i have basically completely redesigned the shifter internals to a new concept. this new design makes the shifts MUCH MUCH MUCH smoother and easier to shift than ANY shifter i have ever felt in a corvette.

so much so that i am applying for patent rights on it now!!!!

the bad news is that i have not been able to eliminate ALL the buzz in my 2009 z06 in cold temps and at certain rpms. BUT is is so mild now that i believe that it is MORE than livable espceially in light of how freakin awesome this thing shifts!!!!! it is truly unbeliuevable.

i have in fact decided to forget the 15 percent shifter option altogether as this design actually shifts so easy that whats the point.

more bad news is the shifter is more money . but in my opinion worth it.

so here is the skinny and i think this should answer any questions and i will be calling everyone that has a pending order in over the next few days to find out what they would like to do...

this is the deal...

1. the new shifter is 250.00 effective immediately.

2. if you have an order in house at the old price you have 3 options...

- change to the new shifter for 250.00

- buy the older design wqhich works VERY well ande is quiet for MOST cars but with the understanding that some may rattle more than others . i will sell out of these shifters for 150.00 which is 50.00 dollars off the regular price.

- cancel your order and i will totally understand your frustration.
NO ONE that has an order in house has been charged yet!!!!!!

3. if you have an older design MGW shifter and want to upgrade please read....

- if you have a c6 z06 this new shifter will NOT be 100 percent quiet so please dont expect it to. i have already tried so many designs and tried to mush up the shifter and have gotten it quiet and founds that once it is quiet it is too much like the stock shifter so what the point. the only way to isolate the shifter and make it totally quiet is to rubberize and mush up the body so much that it just becomes a vague rubbery piece like the oem unit. will it be quieter than the older design yes !!

now before 100 people claim well i have brand x and its quiet on my car. i know this so is ANY shifter. my older design on my 2008 z06 was DEAD quiet!!! these cars vary no way around it. i have to produce a shifter design and advertise traits that will apply to EVERY vehicle not just a select few.

if you have an older MGW shifter i was orginally wanting you to sell the shifter to a forum member for a deal and i would credit you on the new shifter but since i am discounting the older designs to 150 til they are gone ( i have about 75 units in stock) i will offer you the same deal...

send in your shifter plus a check or charge for 100.00 and you get the new shifter so you basically are getting the old shifter credit of 150.00!!!!

you have to send in your old shifter though.

the new design is done and parts are at the platers. i will start shipping by end of next week !!!!!

regards
george
Old 01-27-2009, 10:19 AM
gotjuice?
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Great deal George. I am sure that will make a lot of people happy.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:27 AM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by MGW George
...send in your shifter plus a check or charge for 100.00 and you get the new shifter so you basically are getting the old shifter credit of 150.00!!!!

regards
george
Excellent, George! Now, can we work out some sort of core charge arrangement so that we don't have to dismantle the console more than one MORE time? I REALLY don't want to reinstall the stock shifter just to undo it all yet again...

Z//
Old 01-27-2009, 12:41 PM
TTZ06VETTE
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

OK GUYS AFTER 6 WEEKS OF WORKING ON THIS SHIFTER DEAL I HAVE FINALLY COME TO A RESOLUTION.....

Here are my findings....

1. the current design shifter that is out is STILL a great design for 90 percent of owners and working great in many test cars. NOTHING worng with this design . Only issue is some rattling in some cars mainly z06 c6 cars but yes i do understand some others as well. BUT for the most part they are quiet.

2. In working with my 2009 z06 as a test mule i have come to the conclusion that the noise and vibration coming from the shifters is 100 percent originating from the vibration of the tranny and shifter box. yes making the shifter tighter or looser from car to car seems to help and yes the stock **** also doesnt make things better due to its inherent tendency to buzz but the fact remains that this is a situation where you basically have to make a compromise and decide if you want a rubbery mushy quiet shifter or a solid precise perfect feeling shifter that may exhibit more noise at certain times, temps and rpms.

THE GREAT NEWS!!!!!!

in working with trying to quiet the shifter down i have basically completely redesigned the shifter internals to a new concept. this new design makes the shifts MUCH MUCH MUCH smoother and easier to shift than ANY shifter i have ever felt in a corvette.

so much so that i am applying for patent rights on it now!!!!

the bad news is that i have not been able to eliminate ALL the buzz in my 2009 z06 in cold temps and at certain rpms. BUT is is so mild now that i believe that it is MORE than livable espceially in light of how freakin awesome this thing shifts!!!!! it is truly unbeliuevable.

i have in fact decided to forget the 15 percent shifter option altogether as this design actually shifts so easy that whats the point.

more bad news is the shifter is more money . but in my opinion worth it.

so here is the skinny and i think this should answer any questions and i will be calling everyone that has a pending order in over the next few days to find out what they would like to do...

this is the deal...

1. the new shifter is 250.00 effective immediately.

2. if you have an order in house at the old price you have 3 options...

- change to the new shifter for 250.00

- buy the older design wqhich works VERY well ande is quiet for MOST cars but with the understanding that some may rattle more than others . i will sell out of these shifters for 150.00 which is 50.00 dollars off the regular price.

- cancel your order and i will totally understand your frustration.
NO ONE that has an order in house has been charged yet!!!!!!

3. if you have an older design MGW shifter and want to upgrade please read....

- if you have a c6 z06 this new shifter will NOT be 100 percent quiet so please dont expect it to. i have already tried so many designs and tried to mush up the shifter and have gotten it quiet and founds that once it is quiet it is too much like the stock shifter so what the point. the only way to isolate the shifter and make it totally quiet is to rubberize and mush up the body so much that it just becomes a vague rubbery piece like the oem unit. will it be quieter than the older design yes !!

now before 100 people claim well i have brand x and its quiet on my car. i know this so is ANY shifter. my older design on my 2008 z06 was DEAD quiet!!! these cars vary no way around it. i have to produce a shifter design and advertise traits that will apply to EVERY vehicle not just a select few.

if you have an older MGW shifter i was orginally wanting you to sell the shifter to a forum member for a deal and i would credit you on the new shifter but since i am discounting the older designs to 150 til they are gone ( i have about 75 units in stock) i will offer you the same deal...

send in your shifter plus a check or charge for 100.00 and you get the new shifter so you basically are getting the old shifter credit of 150.00!!!!

the new design is done and parts are at the platers. i will start shipping by end of next week !!!!!

regards
george
George...is there any difference in vibration between using the stock **** and one of the aftermarket ***** you sell. I have an order placed with you at the moment for fit with my stock ****, as I wanted to keep the look of the interior the same, but I will change this if there is a better chance to minimize vibration with either your Gripper or Pistol ****.

Please let me know...one way or another I am going forward with the order.
Jim
Old 01-27-2009, 12:46 PM
Gannet
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Now that's the way to run a business. That's what honesty and ethics look like. My hat is off to you Sir!
Old 01-27-2009, 02:32 PM
BearZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 1,396 Likes on 803 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'22-'23

Originally Posted by Gannet
Now that's the way to run a business. That's what honesty and ethics look like. My hat is off to you Sir!
Thanks George!!
Old 01-27-2009, 02:58 PM
o6zo6vette
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats how business should be done . straight up
Old 01-27-2009, 03:30 PM
Nanook
lifeislikeaboxofchocolats
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20- '21-'22-'23-'24

Great offer..I'm in but as per Zoxxo's idea could you arrange a core charge and do we use our stock shifter on the new design or does the gripper and others improve the "buzz" ?
Old 01-27-2009, 03:55 PM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let me ask the question this way. As a new customer, price aside and noise issue aside, is there ANY reason why I wouldn't want the new shifter vs. the old? Is there anything the old shifter does better, but had to be sacrificed on the new shifter to correct the noise issue?
Old 01-27-2009, 04:13 PM
kumar75150
Le Mans Master

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts

I dont give a **** about the rattle or buzz.

Is the new shifter noticeably less notchy or easier to shift than the old one? If so, I'm in.

Last edited by kumar75150; 01-27-2009 at 04:16 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:23 PM
0MGW George
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'11

ok i will try to answer all the questions in one post....

first i actually used the stock **** in my 2009 z06 when redesigning the shifter so i think the gripper ***** and race ***** will be fine also but i dont know if they will make a huge improvement in any noise as i am convinced the most of the noise is from the tranny not the **** . some comes from the stock **** but i have also redesigned the upper bracket for the c6 **** and it works better.

i will allow you guys to get the shifters in and then send back your old shifter but i will not charge you 250 then credit back 150 thats just BS crap we are all adults here. if you want the upgrade and are the original buyer of the MGW unit then we have your info on file and if you call julie or peggy and order we will mail it out to oyu and charge you the 100 bucks. if we dont get back the old shifter within 30 days we will charge you the other 150 hows that ??

as far as the old design vs the new design ....

the new design is superior in EVERY way. it is just as tight and precise and MUCH EASIER to shift.

it is also a bit quieter. but AGAIN please READ that i am NOT saying that this new shifter is gonna be dead quiet on a z06 !!!! if it was it would be a rubbery piece of crap.
which it isnt!!!!

regards
george
Old 01-27-2009, 04:41 PM
NavyC5
Team Owner

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CI 3-4-5-6-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'06-'08-'09-'10

Very good deal. I've got the replacement parts on the way. If that solves the problem I'll be all set, if not I'll give you a call about a replacement. I do have to say the way you are handling this situation is excellent. I wish all forum vendors took care of their customers this well.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:44 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 98 Posts

i will allow you guys to get the shifters in and then send back your old shifter but i will not charge you 250 then credit back 150 thats just BS crap we are all adults here.
You are the man!! I didn't want to suggest that as business is business (but that's what I was hoping for ) I *love* my current MGW shifter except for the rattle and I've known all along that it wasn't your shifter that was doing it. So, if it quiets my rattle "some" and improves the shifter itself even more, then I am in! ( I *just* missed the 4:30 cutoff time so I'll call tomorrow.)

if you want the upgrade and are the original buyer of the MGW unit then we have your info on file and if you call julie or peggy and order we will mail it out to oyu and charge you the 100 bucks. if we dont get back the old shifter within 30 days we will charge you the other 150 hows that ??

George
Works for me!

Many thanks, George. Really!! I'm sure that by now you're sorry you ever layed eyes on the Z06 but we owners appreciate it!!

Z//
Old 01-27-2009, 04:47 PM
lemans
Pro

George,

I bought your current shifter about a month ago, I have not installed it yet.

Say I do install it and it's quiet, would there be any advantage in going to the new design? Other than the noise/vibration reduction, what other benefit does the new design offer?

Thanks.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:25 PM
kumar75150
Le Mans Master

if you want the upgrade and are the original buyer of the MGW unit then we have your info on file and if you call julie or peggy and order we will mail it out to oyu and charge you the 100 bucks. if we dont get back the old shifter within 30 days we will charge you the other 150 hows that ??

regards
george
sounds good

glad i didn't already order it online
Old 01-27-2009, 05:25 PM
kumar75150
Le Mans Master

BTW, this thing has the possibility of totally redefining my z06 experience. My only complain with the z06 shifters are how notchy and stiff they are compared to Viper shifters or F-body shifters.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:01 PM
sheriffd2
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the MGW in my current ('06) Z. This is my third Z06, and my third MGW shifter. To me George's shifter is an absolute MUST DO. Does mine rattle? Under hard acceleration, yes. But, oddly, my last car (also a C6Z06)did not exhibit this as badly, so George's feelings on these cars varying is absolutely correct. On my C5Z, it didn't rattle at all. I'm a fan of these shifters through and through, again, it's top of the list must do for me. I believe it's the best product on the market, hands down.

Now George, the decrease in effort and smooth shifting does intrigue me. And your excitement is certainly apparent, in fact it';s contagious. I have a bad right shoulder, and if I can ease shifting, that's a big plus to me. However, like I've said, I love the current design, to me the precision and especially the throw is perfect. I'm assuming the throw ratio of the new design is similar if not exactly the same? If so, sign me up buddy!

And while you've already earned my loyalty, this has certainly solidified it further. Exceptionally well handled.

-Dave March

Get notified of new replies

To Ok final word and update on mgw shifter please read if interested>>>>

Old 01-27-2009, 07:46 PM
obzidian
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Seriously, if all business's ran like this we wouldn't need a section in the forums for vendor complaints.

George, I will give ya'll a call tomorrow and place an order for the newer shifter. If all is well, you have made a customer for life.

Thanks,

Angel
Old 01-27-2009, 10:12 PM
ZO6Gal
Drifting

First of all George, you are a truly service oriented guy and that is much appreciated. I LOVE my shifter. For the life of me I don't get why some are having rattle issues and others are not. Mine rattles a little when it's cold but after warming up, it is as quiet as stock. It may change, I don't know, and if it does I'll get the new one but I couldn't be happier at this point. Just wanted to say thanks for your determined efforts to improve your product.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:12 AM
Jet Stream Blue Z06
Pro

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

I just ordered a new one. Like everyone else is saying, I love my MGW shifter, but I hate the rattle and I wish every company went to the length that George does for customer service. I can't wait to try the new shifter, but unfortunately we're getting more snow here in CT and I'll have to wait a couple more months before I can try it.

Thanks for the great job George.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Ok final word and update on mgw shifter please read if interested>>>>