Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] NEW-Control your Z06 bi-mode exhaust from the Dash D.I.C Reset button-See the Videos!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 04:52 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

Location: Exhaust Commander Wireless Bi-Mode Exhaust Controllers, Innovative and advanced technology! --- Check out our website @ www.sunsetorangecreations.com
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13
Default NEW-Control your Z06 bi-mode exhaust from the Dash D.I.C Reset button-See the Videos!

This is the revolutionary new Exhaust Commander D.A.S.H. NPP/Z06/ZR1 Bi-mode exhaust controller.
This new controller allows you to control your bi-mode exhaust with your dash D.I.C. Reset button and also control your exhaust with a wireless remote!

The Exhaust Commander D.A.S.H. is the first bi-mode exhaust controller to allow both wireless and dash button control of your Corvette bi-mode exhaust! Get the latest cutting edge technology, get the best exhaust controller for your Corvette. This controller has a Zero Battery Drain Remembers last setting feature so you dont have to choose the remembers last setting mode OR Zero Drain, it does both at the same time !

On Sale now! Only $125 plus shipping! -----> Order Link

This product is a brand new design I have developed and is now the most advanced bi-mode exhaust controller that you can buy. Be the first on your block to control your bi-mode exhaust from your dash D.I.C. Reset button.

With this plug and play controller you get the revolutionary new feature of being able to open and close your bi-mode exhaust butterflies right from your dash D.I.C Reset button!

Using the dash D.I.C. Reset button means that while driving and changing your exhaust back and forth from Quiet to Loud you dont have to look for a remote to do it. The D.I.C. button is 2 inches from your finger!

This controller also comes with a wireless remote so you can operate your exhaust from outside the car to show all of your friends how sweet it is to have total control of you bi-mode exhaust, both inside and outside your car!

This product is 100% ZERO Battery Drain when the car is turned off and has Remembers last setting mode!

Check out the videos below of it in action on both a 2005 C6 with retrofitted bi-mode exhaust and also a 2009 ZR1!

On my 2005 C6 with retrofitted bi-mode exhaust !

The Very First 2009 ZR1 to have Dash D.I.C. button control !!!!!

Here are the revolutionary new features of this controller:
You can control your NPP/Z06/ZR1 bi-mode exhaust from your dash D.I.C. Reset button, or use the supplied wireless remote to control your bi-mode exhaust.
This product is 100% Zero Battery drain and also has the Zero Battery drain remembers last setting feature built in so the mode you shut the car off in is the mode it starts up in.

This product is plug and play and no permanent modifications need to be made to the car to use it.
If you choose to remove it at a later time there will be no trace that it was ever there!

The D.A.S.H Commander requires a 1 second long button press to change modes on the exhaust. So a quick button press would not change the exhaust but would reset the trip odometer or other resettable DIC feature. To change the exhaust you hold the button for the specified number of seconds ( 1 second ) and then release to change the exhaust. That way you can reset the trip odometer or fuel economy and not change the exhaust until you want to.

The install is as follows: Plug in the power wire fuse adapter, plug the exhaust signal wire into the exhaust fuse location, bolt down the ground ring, Pop off the Dash D.I.C. bezel and hookup the D.I.C. Reset button sensor to the D.I.C. button connector and your done.
Typical install time is 10-15 minutes.

This controller system will come with a CD with a PDF file of the instructions on it so you can view them on any computer.

I build each one of these controllers personally and will be taking care of each and every order from start to finish.

The Kit includes the Exhaust Commander D.A.S.H. main unit, a wireless keyfob remote with spare batteries, and a cd with the PDF file of the instructions.

On Sale now! Only $125 plus shipping! -----> Order Link

Please allow 7-10 working days from order to shipping.

Installation Process :

Step 1: Fold down the passenger footwell carpet to reveal the fuse panel area.

Step 2:Pull the two fuses that the arrows are pointing to.
In the photo the fuses are already pulled out.

Step 3: Install the fuse adapter as shown in the top fuse slot.
Install the exhaust fuse signal wire into the left side of the exhaust fuse slot as shown,
and tie down the ground ring under the 7mm bolt on the amplifier as shown.

Step 4: Place the main unit underneath the amplifier.

Step 5:
Push the supplied wire feeding tube through the console area from the driver side
to the passenger side.

Step 6: Insert the sensor into the wire feeding tube and secure with electrical tape.

Step 7: Pull sensor wire through the console using the wire feeding tube.

Step 8: Remove dash bezel by pulling out on it at the locations shown.

Step 9: Feed the senor wire up from the bottom of the dash to the D.I.C. button harness area.

Step 10:
Pull the sensor wire up to the D.I.C. button harness area from below.

Step 11: Remove the sensor from the wire feeding tube.

Step 12: The sensor is inserted into the rear of the D.I.C. button connector on the white wire.
Push the sensor in securely and then use electrical tape to secure it
to the existing wiring harness so that it doesn't come loose.

Step 13: Now that all the wiring has been hooked you will test the system to make sure it is working.
Start the car and verify with the wireless remote that the butterflies open and close.
Then test the Dash D.I.C. reset button to verify that the butterflies open and close.
If everything works properly, shutdown the car.

Step 14:
If both the remote and the reset button work correctly then you are ready to put
the dash bezel back on.
Make sure the wiring is tucked back into the dash area and then snap the bezel back in place.

Step 15: Once the bezel is back in place securely, again re-test the system by starting the car and
verifying that the remote and reset button actuate the system to ensure that the sensor did not
come loose when you reinstalled the bezel.

Step 16: Tuck the sensor wire along the console area to the main unit so that it is out of the way and
wont get snagged by passengers. Close the passenger footwell carpet.

Thats it, your are all done!

Enjoy having control of your bi-mode exhaust
2 inches from your fingertips!

Ben

Last edited by SunsetOrangeCreations; 05-27-2009 at 06:38 AM.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:38 PM
PabloCruZ06
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice job Ben! The DIC control button seems to have immediate response. Great solution to the Lear Car2u visor issue.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:54 PM
panteravetteman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now you're talkin!! That's what Chevy should have done at the factory....it even looks like I might be able to install it myself which in itself would be miraculous...great job!
Old 01-01-2009, 02:37 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

Location: Exhaust Commander Wireless Bi-Mode Exhaust Controllers, Innovative and advanced technology! --- Check out our website @ www.sunsetorangecreations.com
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by panteravetteman
Now you're talkin!! That's what Chevy should have done at the factory....it even looks like I might be able to install it myself which in itself would be miraculous...great job!
It is a very simple unit to install. Its a great new way to take full control of you bi-mode exhaust.

Ben
Old 01-01-2009, 02:38 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Vietnam Vette
That is very cool! I like the dash pushbutton operation. Can you tell me if this changes the original function of the button, or if it just adds a function?
It just adds the exhaust controller function. The reset button still operates the same as from the factory.

If you need any other info, let me know.

Ben
Old 01-01-2009, 02:48 PM
Motorhead-47
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 29 Posts

I like the idea but I have a question. If I'm monitoring my fuel economy and decide to change the exhaust setting don't I reset the fuel economy mode as a result?
Old 01-01-2009, 03:03 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Motorhead-47
I like the idea but I have a question. If I'm monitoring my fuel economy and decide to change the exhaust setting don't I reset the fuel economy mode as a result?
Correct, what you would do is change to the instant fuel mileage, change the exhaust and then change back to the average fuel economy. I didnt want to compromise the reset button's function so it does now have dual function instead of taking away the reset and giving you exaust control.

Since the reset button still functions exactly as it does from the factory it will still reset all items that it can be reset. Oil Life, Timer, Average fuel economy and Average speed.

Ben
Old 01-02-2009, 06:34 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Hi Gannet,

Thanks for the questions.
I am going to be putting up a tutorial that details the entire install so that most questions can be answered by looking at the install.

Here are the answers:
The reset button sensor is a gold plated lead that is inserted into the reset button wiring harness connector behind the D.I.C. button. It is about the thickness of a toothpick and is about 1/4 inch long.

The signal gets from the sensor lead to the main unit via a wire. The wire is run from the back of the D.I.C. harness to the passenger fuse box area where it hooks up to the main unit. I supply the needed wire feeding tool ( a small plastic tube) that makes it a 2 minute job to route the wire correctly.

All will become a lot clearer when I post the tutorial and a video detailing the entire install start to finish.

If you need any other info, let me know.

Ben
Old 01-02-2009, 06:55 PM
Gannet
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Good response, thank you.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:16 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Dash Bezel remove and install video added.

Full install tutorial with pictures coming tomorrow.

Ben

Last edited by SunsetOrangeCreations; 01-05-2009 at 04:27 AM.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:55 AM
VetteFish
Drifting

Originally Posted by SunsetOrangeCreations
Dash Bezel remove and install video added.

Full install tutorial with pictures coming tomorrow.

Ben
i don't think it was the removal of the dash that was being requested via video, but rather how you set it up with the wires and such AFTER the dash removal.

just my $.02
Old 01-05-2009, 04:01 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by VetteFish
i don't think it was the removal of the dash that was being requested via video, but rather how you set it up with the wires and such AFTER the dash removal.

just my $.02
You are correct.

Some people have commented that they just wanted to see how the bezel came off. That's what the video that was added is.

Others wanted to see the whole install, that's why the full install instructions with pictures start to finish are being posted in the afternoon on Monday 1/5/09.
That way people can experience exactly what it takes to install it from beginning to end .

Ben

Last edited by SunsetOrangeCreations; 08-18-2009 at 06:59 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:54 PM
fiveodude
Burning Brakes

Good solution!! I think the remote controls are goofy. Thats one of the reasons I went with the setup below...It's 8x the cost of this solution though

Old 01-09-2009, 12:53 PM
BenThere
Team Owner

That's pretty cool! I take it that there's no retro-fit option for your old bi-mode switch ......
Old 01-15-2009, 10:59 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Full Install instructions added to the bottom of the first post!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Ben
Old 01-17-2009, 05:23 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Thanks to all who have ordered!

I am looking forward to hearing how you like your new controller.

Ben
Old 01-21-2009, 01:42 AM
C54CSTER
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great looking design.

Christian

Last edited by Grumpy; 01-25-2009 at 06:37 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To NEW-Control your Z06 bi-mode exhaust from the Dash D.I.C Reset button-See the Videos!

Old 01-24-2009, 09:07 PM
bub
Safety Car

Received 198 Likes on 122 Posts

Ben:

This is very cool.

Again, a great idea Ben.

-CKB

Last edited by bub; 01-24-2009 at 11:13 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:06 PM
COR Wheels
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great job Ben!
Old 02-13-2009, 06:38 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by COR Wheels
Great job Ben!
Thanks for the post!

If you need anything, let me know.

Ben

Quick Reply: [Z06] NEW-Control your Z06 bi-mode exhaust from the Dash D.I.C Reset button-See the Videos!