Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] General Exclaim UHP Tires in Stock OEM C6Z sizes

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 01:21 PM
Bone Daddy
Member: Jr Geezer's Club
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default General Exclaim UHP Tires in Stock OEM C6Z sizes

Howdy. Kinda curious. Haven't seen these talked up any here. In fact a search in this forum came up dry. Well I will admit I just learned about them too. I read many decent reviews on Tirerack on them so I went ahead and ordered a complete set once I learned they come in OEM C6Z sizes. I didn't want to jump to a 345/30 for now. General Tire is owned and operated by the North American Division of Continental Tire Company.

Time to get away from runflats for now. Ready for a more compliant ride and plugging a road-hazard is no big deal as I've done many out on the Harleys. I know these are not going to perform as say a Mich PS2 but I am not going into this with huge expectations so I think they will do fine for everyday use. The price will be hard to beat along with the extended treadwear rating of 380. These might actually last me while. Paid $206 for the 325/30's and $173 for the 275/35's.

Looks like yall might have a guinea pig here. I will report back with my findings and handling characteristics. These will likely see some HPDE and light track days in the near future.

More to come......

Bone
Old 12-02-2008, 01:34 PM
patton
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Bone Daddy
Howdy. Kinda curious. Haven't seen these talked up any here. In fact a search in this forum came up dry. Well I will admit I just learned about them too. I read many decent reviews on Tirerack on them so I went ahead and ordered a complete set once I learned they come in OEM C6Z sizes. I didn't want to jump to a 345/30 for now. General Tire is owned and operated by the North American Division of Continental Tire Company.

Time to get away from runflats for now. Ready for a more compliant ride and plugging a road-hazard is no big deal as I've done many out on the Harleys. I know these are not going to perform as say a Mich PS2 but I am not going into this with huge expectations so I think they will do fine for everyday use. The price will be hard to beat along with the extended treadwear rating of 380. These might actually last me while. Paid $206 for the 325/30's and $173 for the 275/35's.

Looks like yall might have a guinea pig here. I will report back with my findings and handling characteristics. These will likely see some HPDE and light track days in the near future.

More to come......

Bone
with a tread wear rating of 380 i wouldnt even drive in the parking lot of a race track....imo
Old 12-02-2008, 02:10 PM
allanlaw
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by patton
with a tread wear rating of 380 i wouldnt even drive in the parking lot of a race track....imo
Entry speed might be critical . . .
Old 12-02-2008, 02:21 PM
DaOtherOne
Melting Slicks

Received 175 Likes on 138 Posts

They will be excellent for drifting events.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:41 PM
Twil1ght
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's not a tire I would ever put on my Z06. If I were trying to cut corners cost wise, I'd just sell the Z06.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:43 PM
Dreamin
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm holdin out for the... Exxon Tiger Paws...
Z06 sizes should be out any day
Old 12-02-2008, 03:18 PM
michaelsfxr
Instructor

Default tires

How do they look are they a good looking tire.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:17 PM
DriverMod44
Instructor

where did you find these tires???
there not on tire rack

Last edited by DriverMod44; 12-02-2008 at 07:31 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:13 PM
C6400hp
Safety Car

Location: DFW This user does not support or recommend the product or service displayed in the ad to the right
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For the amount of hwy driving I do and the fact that I have a seperate set of wheels I run race tires on and also the fact that they are seriously cheap, I think i will give them a shot when i need new tires. These would be much better in the rain and cold conditions that I find myself in occasionally when daily driving my car and the HWY mileage should easily top the GY SC.

http://www.generaltire.com/tires/T1/Exclaim-UHP
Old 12-02-2008, 08:37 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Jeez, Bone. I'm not making this up - I was just thinking of you this afternoon and that you haven't posted in a while. Heck, you probably don't even know that I bought a new car four months ago! Glad to see you on the forum
Old 12-02-2008, 08:57 PM
glenB
Safety Car

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09 & '12, '14

Originally Posted by Dreamin
I'm holdin out for the... Exxon Tiger Paws...
Z06 sizes should be out any day
Wasn't that Uniroyal ?
Old 12-02-2008, 09:37 PM
Dreamin
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by glenB
Wasn't that Uniroyal ?
Yes it is! But it's funnier as Exxon... as their logo was a tiger

Old 12-02-2008, 09:39 PM
Dreamin
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by DriverMod44
there not on tire rack
Guess they do exist...
Google "general exclaim uhp 325"... a couple of online tire places have them.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:52 PM
c6z06six70rwhp
Pro

for that price ill deffinatly buy a set to destroy w/ 550 rwhp and climbing soon!

where did you find them? tire rack
Old 12-02-2008, 10:23 PM
McMung
Burning Brakes

Dude you guys are high, you are never going to need that extra few % of grip on the street. Great price. Let's hope they aren't hard plastic.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:29 PM
Bigbucks
Pro

Originally Posted by McMung
Dude you guys are high, you are never going to need that extra few % of grip on the street. Great price. Let's hope they aren't hard plastic.
I run 'em....very quiet and good grip dry and wet.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:57 AM
ole
Racer

Originally Posted by Bone Daddy

More to come......

Bone
I love them . Very good for the money
handling is very good and the sound of the tires is down alot on the road

Get notified of new replies

To General Exclaim UHP Tires in Stock OEM C6Z sizes

Old 12-03-2008, 08:08 PM
c6z06six70rwhp
Pro

where are you guys getting these tires????
Old 12-03-2008, 11:10 PM
C6400hp
Safety Car

Location: DFW This user does not support or recommend the product or service displayed in the ad to the right
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 97whitecoupe
http://www.contilink.com/jsp/storefr...o?brand=G#null
Old 12-04-2008, 01:49 PM
Bone Daddy
Member: Jr Geezer's Club
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by michaelsfxr
How do they look are they a good looking tire.
In the photos I've seen not bad at all. Many manufacturers are still stuck on these damn micro-ribs though. Not a tire-dressings friend.
I will post graphic pics when I get them in and on.

Originally Posted by DriverMod44
there not on tire rack
I bought all four here:

http://www.tiredeals4less.com/GENERA...ZR19_P5068.cfm

Originally Posted by C6400hp
For the amount of hwy driving I do and the fact that I have a seperate set of wheels I run race tires on and also the fact that they are seriously cheap, I think i will give them a shot when i need new tires. These would be much better in the rain and cold conditions that I find myself in occasionally when daily driving my car and the HWY mileage should easily top the GY SC.

That is my plan. I will keep a set for tracking and these for racking up the highway miles. Many reviews have reported how well they do in adverse conditions.

Funny how they have rarely or never been mentioned here. If they were total crap then at the end of the day Continental Tire would have to own up to them. Doubt they would put their whole rep on the line like that. Geeesh I applaud them for even stepping-up and giving it a shot for our sports cars. Who else has in OEM sizes? I'm not saying they are going to be awesome....I'm just saying I'm giving them a try.

Originally Posted by jschindler
Jeez, Bone. I'm not making this up - I was just thinking of you this afternoon and that you haven't posted in a while. Heck, you probably don't even know that I bought a new car four months ago! Glad to see you on the forum
Howdy Jim! Yeah I had to ween my self off this place as I got stupid busy with work. I have driven by your house several times now this year hoping to catch you out in your garage but things have looked pretty dead and I did not want to cold call. Hope everything is good in Schindler Land! By the looks of your beautiful new Z....everything looks just fine! Wow!

Jim would you believe me if I told you I am still rolling on those front 275 SC's I got from you? Hahaha! Yes sir I am and I've tracked 4 them times including Texas Motor Speedway. It's funny how those front 275's were on 3 different Corvettes! Actually the fronts will go a long time even with hard braking, it's the rears which go quick. I can wipe away a set of 325 GY SC's in 5000 miles with no burn outs. Okay maybe one or two. lol. These should last me a little longer.
Either way I have bought my last GY SC's. Very eager to join the non-run-flat club and lose the noise and harshess.

Originally Posted by Dreamin
Guess they do exist...
Google "general exclaim uhp 325"... a couple of online tire places have them.
I got mine here. http://www.tiredeals4less.com/GENERA...ZR19_P5068.cfm

for that price ill deffinatly buy a set to destroy w/ 550 rwhp and climbing soon!

where did you find them? tire rack
Originally Posted by Bigbucks
I run 'em....very quiet and good grip dry and wet.
Well whatta-ya-know?!?! A plug. There ya go...... Nay Sayers.

Originally Posted by ole
I love them . Very good for the money handling is very good and the sound of the tires is down alot on the road
Hej Glad they are working out and hopefully this will send a message to other tire companies that these don't have to be so costly to earn goverment speed ratings.

see link above......

Quick Reply: [Z06] General Exclaim UHP Tires in Stock OEM C6Z sizes