Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Kerbeck is the best

Old 09-29-2008, 05:06 PM
ammoman
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kerbeck is the best

I just got word.
My ZR1 will be here Thursday.
Review will follow road test.
Eric
Old 09-29-2008, 05:11 PM
Stevenzr1
Intermediate

So lucky!
Old 09-29-2008, 05:11 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by ammoman
I just got word.
My ZR1 will be here Thursday.
Review will follow road test.
Eric
You just got the word that Kerbeck is the best, or that your ZR1 will be there Thursday?
Old 09-29-2008, 05:14 PM
DRM500RUBYZR-1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 108 Likes on 74 Posts

Congratulations!

Simply a shame (for us ) that it wasn't in time for the "Day at the Beach Show" on the OC Boardwalk last week!
A new ZR1 would have been a showstopper!

You can make OC Maryland however!

Hope to see it at Smithville!

Marty
1FUNZR1
Old 09-29-2008, 05:16 PM
NEVERL8
Drifting

Received 245 Likes on 109 Posts

Kebeck is the best at what? They ranked fairly high on the gouging scale when the Z06 came out. I know cause I tried to buy one from them. I assume they are one of the "best" with the ZR1 in this respect as well.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:49 PM
OilMaggott
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by NEVERL8
Kebeck is the best at what? They ranked fairly high on the gouging scale when the Z06 came out. I know cause I tried to buy one from them. I assume they are one of the "best" with the ZR1 in this respect as well.
What are you talking about....They sold every one on their waiting list, larger than any other dealers, for MSRP. My Z06 from Kerbeck was high up and was the first in my area and was at MSRP. They honered every agreement on their list. If they sold above MSRP it was after all of us on the waiting list got ours. And I think it almost all of their allocation.....Good job Kerbeck, My ZR1 from Kerbeck arrives in the morning # 154.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:56 PM
ammoman
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

They never twisted my arm to buy a thing but when i have had an issue or two with them, they have always taken care of it in a timely manner.I'm not just talking service.From the time you walk in the door to the time you sell the car.That has to be worth something.
If you feel they are too high, move on and look elsewhere.I have always been able to get together with them on price.
What matters most is service after the fact and i give them an A+ on that.
Sent a few friends in recently for 2 GMC's and a vette and they both say the same thing i do.
I never shop around if they have what i want.
Fair price and great service!
Eric

Originally Posted by NEVERL8

Last edited by ammoman; 09-29-2008 at 07:59 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:07 PM
ammoman
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

George Kerbeck tried like hell to get it here in time.He even called me himself regarding the status.
He's a real car man and i know he would have got it done if it was possible.It would have looked nice on the boardwalk and i had promised my buddy he could take it there for me.
Eric

Originally Posted by DRM500RUBYZR-1
Congratulations!

Simply a shame (for us ) that it wasn't in time for the "Day at the Beach Show" on the OC Boardwalk last week!
A new ZR1 would have been a showstopper!

You can make OC Maryland however!

Hope to see it at Smithville!

Marty
1FUNZR1
Old 09-29-2008, 10:20 PM
Luweegy
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought 2 Z's from them,1 06 at window,1 08 at 7k off.Then got offered ZR1 at 50k over.My ZR1 will be coming from Reliable @ msrp.

Last edited by Luweegy; 09-29-2008 at 10:22 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:28 PM
danl72
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Cool. Congrats.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:47 AM
hiznhrz
Drifting

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Luweegy
I bought 2 Z's from them,1 06 at window,1 08 at 7k off.Then got offered ZR1 at 50k over.My ZR1 will be coming from Reliable @ msrp.
This pretty well says it all...
Old 10-02-2008, 08:03 AM
ammoman
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

It does to some young minds
It says to me that he left out the part about his ZR1 will be a MY 2010 and that he probably could have waited a bit, built up a long term (loyal) relationship with Kerbeck and probably done the same deal with them.
Wonder what all these "loyal" customers would do with 10 ZR1's themselves.Can you say Ebay to the highest bidder.
I know tell me how wrong i am.
Bunch of keyboard commandos.
Eric

Originally Posted by hiznhrz
This pretty well says it all...
Old 10-02-2008, 08:08 AM
RBK
Melting Slicks

Received 889 Likes on 408 Posts

It says to me that he left out the part about his ZR1 will be a MY 2010 and that he probably could have waited a bit, built up a long term (loyal) relationship with Kerbeck and probably done the same deal with them.
Wonder what all these "loyal" customers would do with 10 ZR1's themselves.Can you say Ebay to the highest bidder.
Eric
There is always a "back story" and I never heard of Kerbeck. However, with so many dealers going out of business, the buyer with cash will make future decisions for a long time. Best
Old 10-02-2008, 08:36 AM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,787 Likes on 1,139 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

Hey Eric -

Since I, in some small way, helped contribute to your ZR1, do I get a chance to drive it? ... :-)

jas
Old 10-02-2008, 11:27 AM
Black04Vert
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Luweegy
Eric
I can't speak to the truth of the first post but if he did indeed buy two Z06s in a 3 year period prior to the ZR1 coming out, that pretty much makes him a "loyal" customer in my book. The dealership should be the one trying to "build up" the relationship, not the customer.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:13 PM
C6Tim
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

George Kerbeck tried like hell to get it here in time.He even called me himself regarding the status.
He's a real car man and i know he would have got it done if it was possible.It would have looked nice on the boardwalk and i had promised my buddy he could take it there for me.
Eric

I'm happy for you, but don't be too impressed about the owner taking 30 seconds out of his day to talk to you on the phone. A customer that pays 25-50K over sticker for a car should have plenty of attention and first class service showered on him/her. I hope you at least got a Kerbeck hat or something.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:54 PM
als 09 zr1
Advanced

they never twisted my arm to buy a thing but when i have had an issue or two with them, they have always taken care of it in a timely manner.i'm not just talking service.from the time you walk in the door to the time you sell the car.that has to be worth something.
If you feel they are too high, move on and look elsewhere.i have always been able to get together with them on price.
What matters most is service after the fact and i give them an a+ on that.
Sent a few friends in recently for 2 gmc's and a vette and they both say the same thing i do.
I never shop around if they have what i want.
Fair price and great service!
Eric

i just have one question! Did you purchase your zr1 at msrp from kerbeck? If you did great! But if you had to pay 25k to 50k over msrp i don't know how you could think kerbeck is great!

Get notified of new replies

To Kerbeck is the best

Old 10-02-2008, 02:03 PM
danl72
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Post some pics when you get a chance.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:18 PM
OilMaggott
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by C6Tim
I'm happy for you, but don't be too impressed about the owner taking 30 seconds out of his day to talk to you on the phone. A customer that pays 25-50K over sticker for a car should have plenty of attention and first class service showered on him/her. I hope you at least got a Kerbeck hat or something.
Actually I got dozens of calls from George Kerbeck as well as almost daily email updates from Dave. Along with a complete package of ZR1 gear including two ZR! hats a couple of shirts Corvette and ZR1 sales brochure two of the new Kerbeck ZR1 posters and a Black and blue lambskin ZR1 jacket. About the only other thing they could have done to give me more attention would be to drive down here to Texas and take my grandkids to school. They know this was a big deal and acted like it every day.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:16 AM
ammoman
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

I let almost anyone over the age of 30 drive my cars with me in them.
I also made an exception to the guy that detailed my Lambo and let the 25 YO drive it.
That goes for you too.If you are over the age of 30 and want to go for a drive, i would let you as long as i am in the passenger seat.
I only keep them for a year or so and you should probably also get the permission of the next owner
Eric

Originally Posted by jvp
Hey Eric -

Since I, in some small way, helped contribute to your ZR1, do I get a chance to drive it? ... :-)

jas

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [ZR1] Kerbeck is the best