Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Front Splash Gaurds

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 10:06 AM
ZO6VB
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Splash Gaurds

I know Jersey from Apsis is working hard on correct fit for molds, but does anyone know of other options available.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:57 PM
RedGTS
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ZO6VB
I know Jersey from Apsis is working hard on correct fit for molds, but does anyone know of other options available.
With all the periodic updates to the Apsis thread and talk about the issue, I think it's safe to say the only other options are custom or home-built with little emphasis on aesthetics. Which might be ok for a track day or something but probably isn't going to be something most people would want to keep on their car all the time.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:08 PM
skudlw
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Apsis is the only one working on this and I have mine on order. If they ever get the fit right, they will really look great since they match the rear ones and will prevent the chip marks on the rear brake vent.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:31 AM
poser
Instructor

Originally Posted by RedGTS
With all the periodic updates to the Apsis thread and talk about the issue, I think it's safe to say the only other options are custom or home-built with little emphasis on aesthetics. Which might be ok for a track day or something but probably isn't going to be something most people would want to keep on their car all the time.
yep...homemade ones...i'm more for function over form, so i made my own...still waiting for jersey, but this will have to do in the mean time...it does keep the rocks from the hoosiers off the paint though, so i dont care...

and yes, i do leave mine on full time...

Old 07-16-2008, 01:39 PM
KGjevre
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by poser
yep...homemade ones...i'm more for function over form, so i made my own...still waiting for jersey, but this will have to do in the mean time...it does keep the rocks from the hoosiers off the paint though, so i dont care...

and yes, i do leave mine on full time...
What kind of material did you use for them, and how are they held on?
Old 07-17-2008, 06:43 AM
poser
Instructor

Originally Posted by KGjevre
What kind of material did you use for them, and how are they held on?
i bought a plastic "for sale" sign from home depot, and used the industrial strength velcro...just cut to fit, then spray painted flat black...end cost for my materials was about $16...

beats having to use clear shelf paper all over the sides of the car...

yes it's ugly, but it works for me...i thought the rocks/gravel thrown up from the hoosiers would kill the plastic, but it's still there...mud guards still on my car also...just this month did i have to redo the velcro on the car cause it started to peel off...

tested at sustained 80mph drives and the occasional blast up to 120+...

Get notified of new replies

To Front Splash Gaurds

Quick Reply: [Z06] Front Splash Gaurds