Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] My favorite place to spend money !!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 06:06 PM
chillininaz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My favorite place to spend money !!!

Xtreme Motorsports in Tempe AZ !!! The latest round of goodies : KillerBee, ported intake, Ron Davis radiator, Brembo's, & RPM Level 5 tranny with 3.90 final drive change, were installed, expertly & efficiently, at their shop last week. A "touch-up" dyno tune, and I'm on the road again, with just a hair under 600 rwhp to play with! The tranny/gear change, which I highly recommend, makes the World Challenge cam I'm running so much more "streetable". for these great Corvette shops & forum vendors.
Old 02-10-2008, 06:20 PM
GTB/ZR-1
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

Wow--sounds awesome! How are the 3.90s? Stock tranny ratios?
Old 02-10-2008, 07:01 PM
chillininaz
Instructor

I kept the stock rear end/diff - all the ratio changes were made through the tranny gears by RPM.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:20 PM
ProgGod
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much did you make exactly hp and torque wise? Did the ported intake make a big difference?

Mines the red C6 racecar sitting in their shop. Ported intake and TB goes on monday, hoping to break 600hp when it does.

I agree to the thumbs up for extreme..
Old 02-11-2008, 09:02 AM
0TJ@RPMtransmissions
Former Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad you like the ratios.

FYI, We can do the gear change like Scott did with transmission ratios, or we can, like many have done, change the final drive ratio. We have all ratios available and they have been working extremely well.

Old 02-11-2008, 10:18 AM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by TJ@RPMtransmissions
Glad you like the ratios.

FYI, We can do the gear change like Scott did with transmission ratios, or we can, like many have done, change the final drive ratio. We have all ratios available and they have been working extremely well.

T.J. don't forget to add how much better the transmission shifts after you guys do you magic! The few guys that have driven mine just love it and I know you have received several upgrades because of guys driving my car.

Jim
Old 02-11-2008, 11:38 AM
ProgGod
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Painrace
T.J. don't forget to add how much better the transmission shifts after you guys do you magic! The few guys that have driven mine just love it and I know you have received several upgrades because of guys driving my car.

Jim
Wow you let people drive your car?
Old 02-11-2008, 01:06 PM
Stingray23
Le Mans Master

Received 613 Likes on 228 Posts

I'm afraid to ask how much for the upgrade.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:36 PM
MTIRC6Z
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default "3.90 final drive"

Let me get this straight, are you saying RPM Transmissions has the new oversized C6Z ring and pinion in ratios other than 3.42?

"We can do the gear change like Scott did with transmission ratios..." OR are you saying you effectively get a 3.90 final drive by changing all the gear ratios in the transmission?

Cheers, Paul.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:06 PM
nc_yella
Instructor

Originally Posted by GTB/ZR-1
Wow--sounds awesome! How are the 3.90s? Stock tranny ratios?
hey u JSB 08 is totally ripping, wish we had a shop at that level locally, but curious u have Z06 embelem on ur rear right bumper, above the indented corvette lettering on the rear right bumper...just curious if u did that, or GM changed that and i missed it..i like that..i was going to put it on my left side rear bumper..i have AO and had chrome metal lettering in mine...thanks,
matt in NC
i would love to have that tranny and gear! with a nice street driveable cam...even a 3.73 would be nice....mine is stock with aftermarket tuning...i will have my Z for a long time, as the C7 may be a 4.7 V8 with lower HP to meet cafe 35mpg standards coming down the road...
Old 02-11-2008, 02:19 PM
0rodney@rpmtransmissions
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MTIRC6Z
Let me get this straight, are you saying RPM Transmissions has the new oversized C6Z ring and pinion in ratios other than 3.42?

"We can do the gear change like Scott did with transmission ratios..." OR are you saying you effectively get a 3.90 final drive by changing all the gear ratios in the transmission?

Cheers, Paul.
Paul, For clarification we do NOT have the C6 Z06 oversized ring and pinions in other ratios than 3.42. This subject has been discussed many times here before, with varying opinions. By switching out to the C5/C6 gear set you are indeed going to a smaller ring gear. I do not actively push this combination but to some customers the ratio change is more important than the larger ring gear. We have great success using this set-up. If you have seen the Yellow LPE C6 Z06 TT in action you have seen one of our resplined c5 ring and pinions in use. The differential has performed flawlessly through all of their testing and competition use.

Last edited by rodney@rpmtransmissions; 02-11-2008 at 02:22 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 03:44 PM
chillininaz
Instructor

The #'s on the tune were 596rwhp & 530rwtq. Also, the rear end/diff was left stock, all the ratio changes were made through the tranny.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:14 PM
GTB/ZR-1
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by nc_yella
hey u JSB 08 is totally ripping, wish we had a shop at that level locally, but curious u have Z06 embelem on ur rear right bumper, above the indented corvette lettering on the rear right bumper...just curious if u did that, or GM changed that and i missed it..
Yeah, it's new on '08s--glad you like it

Seriously, I added it to match my ZR-1s badge location. I added one to my C5Z & the '06Z I've since sold.
I think it looks OEM in that spot. The new ZR1s badge location looks odd where they're putting it, IMO.

Rodney, it sounds as though the C5 4.10 setup should obviously be robust enough to handle 550ish--seeing it can handle LPEs 1k+ rwhp?
The car would really come alive w/ that setup

What kind of $$ would we be looking @ w/ that setup--thx!
Old 02-13-2008, 12:09 PM
0Jason at XMS
Former Vendor

Glad you enjoy her scott just remember if you decide to sell this one its mine! haha

She is a beast and fun to drive.

Get notified of new replies

To My favorite place to spend money !!!

Quick Reply: [Z06] My favorite place to spend money !!!