Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] SALE - Catch Can SALE !!! - Elite Engineering

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 10:21 AM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Slow Poke
Thanks for the picture. Could you take one with the beauty cover off so I can see where the oil catch can top and bottom hoses connect to? Looks like you have an aftermarket air intake due to the location of the fresh air oil breather hose. Does one of the hoses attach to the fresh air piece and the other one goes to ?? Thanks for your reply.
I've sent photos to Jeff @ Elite and believe he was going to make them available from the Elite Engineering web site. http://www.eliteengineeringusa.com/
Hope this helps.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:38 AM
tjwong
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by XC5VETTE
Yes, I was a little disappointed to find out I'll have to unbolt it every time I want to empty it Tom said every 3 months or so but I should find out how many miles and if your style of driving affects the amount collected....anyone
Walt, and others.....with the Elite cans, loosen the two retaining bolts, this allows for the can to "slide" up, there should be adequate clearance to the heater hose below to allow unscrewing the resorvoir. If this doesn't provide adequate clearance remove the top bolt which is easy to get to, and the hoses, then slide it up and tilt the can towards the drivers side then unscrew.

The top hose on the can connects to the valley cover, the lower hose on the side of the can connects to the intake manifold port.

Other cans have a drain petcock, but IMO this would make a mess while trying to catch the oil when the drain is opened.

Quick Reply: [Z06] SALE - Catch Can SALE !!! - Elite Engineering