Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] New Caravaggio Seats Installed and NO codes

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 04:53 PM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 297 Likes on 78 Posts

Default New Caravaggio Seats Installed and NO codes

I just finished installing the new Caravaggio race seats it took about 2.5 hours for the drivers side and 2 hours for the passenger side. The instructions were pretty good but you have to figure out a few things for your self. Not bad I only took both seats out twice before I got it right, call me if you decide to install these, I can save you a lot of time. All of my belts fit the same as the std. seats. You get forward and back and tilt on the drivers side (Z06) and he gives you the instructions and the jumper for the side air bags. They fit great, I am 195LBS, 5'10" tall and a 38 waist alittle snug but not bad. The other stuff is Sharkbar and 6 Pt. G-force belts. As for as weight the stock seat that you take out weighs a bout 26LBS and the Caravaggio is16 so you save about 10 per side. My scale may be off pound of so. JD

Last edited by JDIllon; 05-09-2007 at 05:05 PM.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:42 PM
havoc z06
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks great congrats on the new seats as well...might be making a change myself
Old 05-09-2007, 05:58 PM
Jeff V.
Le Mans Master

Received 4,086 Likes on 1,971 Posts

Those look really good, especially with the DSOM. Congrats!
Old 05-09-2007, 05:58 PM
JDRacing
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those look great, JD. Does the drivers seat move forward and back on the exisiting tracks, or does it have it's own separate mechanism? It's manual, I assume. Finally, it doesn't go up down at all, just tilts, right?
Old 05-09-2007, 06:01 PM
outnumbered
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Looks great.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:39 PM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by JDRacing
Those look great, JD. Does the drivers seat move forward and back on the exisiting tracks, or does it have it's own separate mechanism? It's manual, I assume. Finally, it doesn't go up down at all, just tilts, right?
It does everything that the stock seat does except the back does'nt recline seperatley. It goes up/down back and forth and tilts and the memory 1 & 2 work along with the memory to exit the car. They are great. The passenger air bag notice works and the regular 3 point seat belts work fine. If you have any questions you can call me at 772 528 0669 cell or 772 335 8318 and I am not pimping for John I just love the seats. And did I mention they all leather and it has a beautiful finish. It uses the lower electric stock seat mechanism and switch. JD
Old 05-09-2007, 06:44 PM
JDRacing
Drifting

Originally Posted by JDIllon
It does everything that the stock seat does except the back does'nt recline seperatley. It goes up/down back and forth and tilts and the memory 1 & 2 work along with the memory to exit the car. They are great. The passenger air bag notice works and the regular 3 point seat belts work fine. If you have any questions you can call me at 772 528 0669 cell or 772 335 8318 and I am not pimping for John I just love the seats. And did I mention they all leather and it has a beautiful finish. It uses the lower electric stock seat mechanism and switch. JD
Thank you for the detailed reply, JD. I don't think I need to bother you at this point with a call, but I may be back to you after a bit. I'm really tempted to do this.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:30 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JDIllon
I just finished installing the new Caravaggio race seats

Jim,

Great job! I took the lazy way out and had my shop install mine. I stopped by today and they looked great. They are just finishing up with the Motons so I will have pics tomorrow! Great advice for future users of these seats! Like you said, it's a 1 hour job the second time around!

Mike
Old 05-09-2007, 11:01 PM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Short-Throw
Jim,

Great job! I took the lazy way out and had my shop install mine. I stopped by today and they looked great. They are just finishing up with the Motons so I will have pics tomorrow! Great advice for future users of these seats! Like you said, it's a 1 hour job the second time around!

Mike
They are going to look great in the Yellow Banana, Look forward to seeing yours tomorrow. JD
Old 05-09-2007, 11:24 PM
bryanw2006
Racer

Default seats

hey Jdillon those seats look fantastic. I was wondering how the comfort is compared to the stock seats. In long drives do they hurt your back. or do they get un comfortable. The leather looks great it actually looks a step above the pleather crap GM puts in there cars I wish they would step it up to some BMW leather.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:52 PM
eeagle
Racer

Can you tell if the seats sit the same, lower, or higher than the stock seats? Someone said they sit about 1" higher than stock; if so, that's a non-starter for me. I need more headroom, not less.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:16 AM
805Z06
Melting Slicks

Very nice....
Old 05-10-2007, 01:55 AM
vegasdude
Safety Car

I like those seats. Could you PM me with the price and length of time for delivery? Thanks............
Old 05-10-2007, 07:53 AM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Default Seats

Originally Posted by eeagle
Can you tell if the seats sit the same, lower, or higher than the stock seats? Someone said they sit about 1" higher than stock; if so, that's a non-starter for me. I need more headroom, not less.
They feel about the same, John Caravaggio (905 761 5787)can probably tell you. Interestingly my 6 point fits just like the other seat I didn't make any adjustments and the memory 1 and 2 put me in the same position that the other seat did. So I think it's about the same. It feels like your butt is in the same place but the front of the seat under your thighs is a little higher. JD
Old 05-10-2007, 11:11 AM
lemobile
Instructor

They look really good and seem to fit better and I am sure it is easier to get in/out of the car them the competition series (like mine). I did get one of the first set from John.

I have a question, is the new seats have reinforcement where they bolt to the track or is just through the fiberglass ?
I custom made a brace to sandwich the seat to the track.
I feel it was unsafe to have the seat just bolts through the fiberglass only even if I was adding a large washer at the bolt.

Old 05-10-2007, 04:08 PM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by bryanw2006
hey Jdillon those seats look fantastic. I was wondering how the comfort is compared to the stock seats. In long drives do they hurt your back. or do they get un comfortable. The leather looks great it actually looks a step above the pleather crap GM puts in there cars I wish they would step it up to some BMW leather.
I just took a 2 hour trip to West Palm and back and the seats felt great, they are snug but not uncomfortable and they have good back support. I dont think I would buy them if you are over a 39"-40" waist I,m 5'10" ,200lbs and I would say thats about it. JD
OH WELL, back to no icecream and cake
Old 05-10-2007, 04:14 PM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by lemobile
They look really good and seem to fit better and I am sure it is easier to get in/out of the car them the competition series (like mine). I did get one of the first set from John.

I have a question, is the new seats have reinforcement where they bolt to the track or is just through the fiberglass ?
I custom made a brace to sandwich the seat to the track.
I feel it was unsafe to have the seat just bolts through the fiberglass only even if I was adding a large washer at the bolt.

Your brackets look really neat. I didn't go that far but I did add as large a washer as I could and still get it in the hole. I do agree even with the flared nuts there is not much contact area. All of the holes were perfect the the seats went together with no problem, so John has improved them since yours. JD

Get notified of new replies

To New Caravaggio Seats Installed and NO codes

Old 05-10-2007, 08:33 PM
Garrett W
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Very nice.
How much do those cost?
Old 05-10-2007, 09:38 PM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Garrett FRC
Very nice.
How much do those cost?
The seats are $1295.00 each plus shipping, and you can have any color leather that you want. JD
Old 05-11-2007, 12:20 AM
METERSF
Instructor

WOW!! them seats are tight

Quick Reply: [Z06] New Caravaggio Seats Installed and NO codes