Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Anyone ever had this problem -- intermitent airbag light

Old 04-03-2007, 12:13 PM
FFCobra
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts

I had the same problem. The dealer looked at the codes and found that the air bag in the drivers side seat was the problem. They replaced the air bag and all is good.

This is an easy fix, just go to a dealer.

- Bill
Old 04-06-2007, 02:33 PM
zero2sixty
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had this problem as well on my C6 coupe. i traded it in on a C6Z, problem solved.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:49 PM
BlackC6Z06
Instructor

Module on the dside seat was replaced and all seems well.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:42 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,667 Likes on 8,311 Posts

I just had it happen last week (after 11K miles), on and off for about 20 minutes. It finally cleared and I've been driving it every day for more than a week, without a reoccurrence.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:58 AM
rulez
Racer

This just started on my 08 with <5k miles on it. It's going to the dealer asap.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:11 AM
gonzalezfj
Melting Slicks

[QUOTE=BlackC6Z06;1559508997]You know the idiot/diagnostic light that shows an airbag symbol (right under the fasten seatbelt)? Sometime mine will illuminate randomly while driving. It goes on/off sporadically. No check engine light or anything.

Any thoughts as to what it is? Have it scheduled to go in April 2nd.

Beside the airbag light my only other complaint is the squeaky hatch.[/QUOTE]

Since everybody else has addressed the air bag issue, I will recommend you use silicone lubricant (spray or grease) on the hatch weather stripping. That usually gets rid of the squeaks.

Frank Gonzalez
Old 09-27-2008, 11:51 AM
QUIKAG
Le Mans Master

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by rulez
This just started on my 08 with <5k miles on it. It's going to the dealer asap.
Ditto '08 with under 5k miles and I just saw the airbag light for the first time a few days ago. Not a fan of going to the dealer, but may have to make an exception for this.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:21 AM
urslooow
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Have been dealing w/ airbag light since putting Caravaggio seats in. You must have a tech 2 diag tool to fix this w/o it, u r shooting in the dark. Dealer says he can fix my problem I just can't seem to get 2 days to leave the car and get out of work in time topick it up and inspect it (it's my only ride). In summary airbag issues are best handled by the dealer.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:08 PM
mhubardva1
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by urslooow
Have been dealing w/ airbag light since putting Caravaggio seats in. You must have a tech 2 diag tool to fix this w/o it, u r shooting in the dark. Dealer says he can fix my problem I just can't seem to get 2 days to leave the car and get out of work in time topick it up and inspect it (it's my only ride). In summary airbag issues are best handled by the dealer.
I have the same problem with my C6 2007 with 4200 miles, except I have other electrical issues. When Airbag light comes on, nav blanks out. Three times all electrical functions shut down and engine stalls. Dealer has diagnosed 4 times in the last 6 weeks. Has repaced side airbags and sensors. Car still has same issues. I am ready to get rid of the car. Dealer says codes exist about communication but have no idea how to repair.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:02 AM
DSteck
Safety Car

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
Tech Contributor

Just an update...

A while ago, the dealer had my car for the roof recall after mine delaminated. I complained about the intermittent air bag light, and they found that the seat belt pre-tensioner was faulty. They replaced it, and I never had the light come on again aside from vehicle start-up self check.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:57 PM
robbyd831
Burning Brakes

how much do u think it will cost if u take it to the dealership?
Old 02-04-2009, 05:07 PM
Twil1ght
Drifting

Originally Posted by BlackC6Z06
You know the idiot/diagnostic light that shows an airbag symbol (right under the fasten seatbelt)? Sometime mine will illuminate randomly while driving. It goes on/off sporadically. No check engine light or anything.

Any thoughts as to what it is? Have it scheduled to go in April 2nd.

Beside the airbag light my only other complaint is the squeaky hatch.
I had that problem. What I discovered was that the easy entry/exit feature that moves the seat back pulled on what I'd call a SHORT line that connects to the airbag in the driver seat. Quick fix for me, I unzipped the seat cover around the seat back part of the way so I could see the unit, noted the tightness of the connection, reseated the connector and gave the cable a little slack. Haven't seen it since.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Anyone ever had this problem -- intermitent airbag light