Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Z06 Availability

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 03:20 PM
GWD, JR
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z06 Availability

Seems to me that there are many more Z06's available now on Ebay, the Autotrader, etc. Is the supply catching up a little bit? They are still selling for over msrp but a month ago there were very few even for sale. I have taken myself of off a not so reputable dealerships list and gotten on Rick Daniels list for 07. Meanwhile, I purchased an 02 Z and absolutley love it!
Old 12-27-2005, 03:29 PM
jfreez
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

a little note on the e-bay cars, if you do an advanced search you can look at completed listings and many cars never meet the reserve price. Also of the few that do, I have seen some of them back on e-bay by the same seller, so I dont think there are many selling at over sticker.

I believe the informed buyers are now getting them at MSRP.

You can still find the uninforemd or "cant wait" people paying over.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:37 PM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 297 Likes on 78 Posts

Default MSRP pricing

Several on e-bay are at 5k over that can be bought now pricing. And available for in stock delivery. And most are not meeting the reserve. It does look like the over MSRP price is coming down??? Or is it just my wishful thinking??? I'm ready when they reach MSRP so if anyone knows of one at MSRP please PM me. HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL
Old 12-27-2005, 06:17 PM
DupaHead
Advanced

I think some of the smarter dealers are using eBay as a forum to bring customers in... the uniformed will pay over... me however, I am gonna sit and enjoy some nice snowboarding weather then pick up a Z06 at sticker in a couple months.. ha
Old 12-27-2005, 08:29 PM
vettemaster1
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

jwd.jr.....

where are you located?
Old 12-27-2005, 09:04 PM
cthusker
Le Mans Master

Received 91 Likes on 54 Posts

Default Msrp

I'm in the market for a ZO6 but I'm sure not paying the 7 to 10 grand I've been quoted from a couple of sellers! Supply will match demand I suspect around March or April 06. Dealers even selling at sticker are making a VERY nice chunk of change... asking 10 grand over sticker is highway robbery on the sidewalk. Since I live in New England buying one now would only mean I would have be drooling over it while bitching about the lousy weather! lol If I find one at or near sticker price then I'll buy it. In a way it's like the recent housing market. We’ve had lots of people with more money than sense and willing to pay ridiculous prices. When the market turns those folks are going to upside down on equity. Not a nice place to be! Just remember that every road has a turn and that includes ZO6 prices… Unfortunately we have a nation of INSTANT GRATIFICATION folks that gotta be first with the most… They artificially inflate prices for things like ZO6 vetts……….. .
Old 12-27-2005, 09:17 PM
dizzzzy
Pro

I think the Z06 prices right now are about as low as they are going to go for this year... remember, in spring, there will be more demand, not less.. I see the cars in the 3k to 5K range right now, and when the weather gets nicer, I do not see the dealers lowering them.. If they were to lower the prices, it would be now, in winter correct?? Not when the sun is out and its warm. This is a 2006 model, not a 2005, so its not like it will be a year old model..

Just my thought..

But I think all you waiting til spring for a price reduction, and going to be in for some bad news..

I have people right now who have asked me to find them cars for 3K over, yellow, red and silver, and have not found any..
And I do have 6 Z06's under my belt, sold and delivered..

In 2007 it should be better..

Diz
Old 12-27-2005, 10:00 PM
cthusker
Le Mans Master

Default The Spring

If I was selling them at 3 to 5 over msrp I'd be hoping for higher prices too. Being on the consumer end of the food chain I have to hope for less demand and more production! lol.. Bottom line is every road has a turn so I'm going to hope for a quick down turn. 3 to 5 over msrp isn't great but it's manageable... I've been quoted 10 over which gave me a good chuckle! There are dealers that are selling them at or very close to MSRP if you're willing to wait. If it's a life or death situation and someone is willing to pay 10 grand over sticker then go for it! I believe most Z06 buyers will simply wait for buying at or near sticker price. There's plently of money to be made for the sellers at MSRP.... I work to hard to just give away 10 gee's on new car that GM says is worth about 70 grand. Only time will tell with faction is correct....
Old 12-27-2005, 10:07 PM
Z06 Mike
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by dizzzzy
I think the Z06 prices right now are about as low as they are going to go for this year... remember, in spring, there will be more demand, not less.. I see the cars in the 3k to 5K range right now, and when the weather gets nicer, I do not see the dealers lowering them.. If they were to lower the prices, it would be now, in winter correct?? Not when the sun is out and its warm. This is a 2006 model, not a 2005, so its not like it will be a year old model..

Just my thought..

But I think all you waiting til spring for a price reduction, and going to be in for some bad news..

I have people right now who have asked me to find them cars for 3K over, yellow, red and silver, and have not found any..

Diz
Factor in more cars produced and the "newness" factor wearng off and we will see them at MSRP all day long by Spring! JMHO
Old 12-27-2005, 10:21 PM
cthusker
Le Mans Master

Factor in more cars produced and the "newness" factor wearng off and we will see them at MSRP all day long by Spring! JMHO

Old 12-27-2005, 10:44 PM
steve burns
Burning Brakes

Default I disagree..just look at the c6 for a simple example

Originally Posted by dizzzzy

Just my thought..

Diz
Yes..spring will come..but first you have to get through the winter. I would imagine the reason is that you cant find cars is that everyone is asking 10-30 grand over msrp. There are cars out there..but not selling at gouger prices. Maybe the dealers will realize (as they did the c6) that msrp should be the asking price...
Dont forget:
1. The initial demand should be satisfied by the spring
2. Dealers may realize that 10grand gouge aint going to sell the car
3. 70 grand is still alot of dollars.
4. Competition: new shelby..porsche caymen
5. decreasing selling price of C6's (you can get new ones for a big discount now...as supply builds it will get worse)
6. Supply of Z06's will increase.

I think this summer you will see -msrp for sure..(but I may be wrong)!
Old 12-27-2005, 10:47 PM
Vette Nut
Melting Slicks

I kinda have to agree with Diz, i think the prices are the lowest you are going to see right now until at least next September. The reasons are that there are really less that 60 Z06's in the country that are for sale, everyone is using the locator site and calling on the same few cars and driving the prices up. Everyone has a waiting list to get one ordered so i can't see the unsold car selection getting any better. The dealers know that sooner or later they will sell the cars, its just a matter of how much over someone will pay, and in reality the car is worth more than the asking price based on the competition and what you get for your $$$$ ... Thats why we all want it
Old 12-27-2005, 11:08 PM
Z06 Mike
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

There are a bunch of hi-performance cars on the horizon...all good healthy competition for the car-buying market.

Right now...today...you can get a brand spanking new Viper SRT10 for less than $75K!! That's over $10K below MSRP!

For a few thousands-of-a-second less performance than a Z06 it is tempting.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:12 PM
RyanITV
Advanced

We've had a dealer friend of ours watching the auctions, and he says the Z06s coming through (with 600-2500 miles) are still selling (dealer-only auction, mind you) for low to mid 70s.

I didn't mind paying $5k over; I'll have it in less than 24 hours. I think prices will come down after the summer, but I'm nto that patient.

Ryan
Old 12-28-2005, 01:14 AM
TheJimer
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Default ZO6 Inventory Up A Little

Originally Posted by GWD, JR
Seems to me that there are many more Z06's available now on Ebay, the Autotrader, etc. Is the supply catching up a little bit? They are still selling for over msrp but a month ago there were very few even for sale. I have taken myself of off a not so reputable dealerships list and gotten on Rick Daniels list for 07. Meanwhile, I purchased an 02 Z and absolutley love it!
As of today there are 94 C6 ZO6's on the ground nationwide, that is up from 48 about a week ago!
Jim
Old 12-28-2005, 01:58 AM
KILR-Z51
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by GWD, JR
GWD JR when did you put your deposit down with Rick Daniel, I put my deposit on the 07 Z November 29th and i am # 327 on the list.

Les Stanford Was currently on # 71 as of that date did he give you a # and did you ask if there had been any cancels in the last couple of months.

I am going to call Rick the first week of February and see whats the lates info. and how many more Z06s allocation they are going to be getting over the next 5 months.

Any info would be helpful thanks.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:20 AM
cthusker
Le Mans Master

Default Patience

Dealers are making around 8 grand (aprox 12%) when a Z is sold at MSRP which is a nice tidy sum! You can figure out what their making when selling them for 10 grand over sticker. What do you think it costs to floor plan a Z for several months? It's not cheap... If folks refused to pay ridiculous over sticker prices they would collapse like a cheap suit. How long you think they could afford to sit on those cars?

Right now it’s a simple supply and demand situation. I can tell you that GM wants to make more Z’s because for them it’s a numbers game. Just remember that Uncle GM isn’t making all that extra money by folks paying ridiculous over sticker prices… the dealers or private parties are. GM could not care less… They priced the Z to make a certain profit margin for this type of vehicle. It’s also a vehicle to get people into showrooms which is really the name of the game. Most manufactures don’t even like when dealers start gouging potential customers for their products. That’s exactly why they have things like MSRP!

GM is in fact ramping up production on ZO6, just like they did for the C6! Remember when dealers were asking over sticker for them too? Trust me… there will be enough ZO6’s for almost everyone that wants to pay about 70 grand. GM needs every single sale it can scrape up about right now. Don’t kid yourself they are going to withhold making more Z’s simple because some fat dealers want to get fatter!

A fair dealer is going to ask the MSRP or close to it. The marginal dealers will try and hit a home run on every Z they sell… so what’s new? Just sit back and watch what happens when production starts meeting demand. If you simply can’t wait then by all means pay the extra money but remember when you go to sell it you’re never going to get that extra money back. Call it an over exuberance conveyance fee caused by lack of patience! lol Let’s see how prices play out by June or July of 06…. I’m betting you’ll be able to buy lots of Z’s at MSRP or maybe less……… Only people that paid an extra 6 or 10 grand are hoping these current prices will hold up! They won't!!

Get notified of new replies

To Z06 Availability

Old 12-28-2005, 08:52 AM
steve burns
Burning Brakes

Default There shouldn't be any for sale....

Originally Posted by Vette Nut
I kinda have to agree with Diz, i think the prices are the lowest you are going to see right now until at least next September. The reasons are that there are really less that 60 Z06's in the country that are for sale, everyone is using the locator site and calling on the same few cars and driving the prices up. Everyone has a waiting list to get one ordered so i can't see the unsold car selection getting any better. The dealers know that sooner or later they will sell the cars, its just a matter of how much over someone will pay, and in reality the car is worth more than the asking price based on the competition and what you get for your $$$$ ... Thats why we all want it
The reason they are for sale is because most people wont pay over msrp. There shouldnt be any on the ground right now because demand is probably the highest its going to get. The dealers think that sooner or later they will get what they want. Tell that to the dealers with tons of c6's sitting on their lots. The smart dealers are the ones that are discounting and selling volume, rather than trying to make a killing on a few.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:59 AM
steve burns
Burning Brakes

Default Forgot to factor in:

Originally Posted by steve burns
The reason they are for sale is because most people wont pay over msrp. There shouldnt be any on the ground right now because demand is probably the highest its going to get. The dealers think that sooner or later they will get what they want. Tell that to the dealers with tons of c6's sitting on their lots. The smart dealers are the ones that are discounting and selling volume, rather than trying to make a killing on a few.
The on the ground units will be 1 year old when the new 07's start coming in in July. No one is going to buy an 06 when they can get an 07 for the same money. As well...people will be ordering 07's for delivery at MSRP. Just look at the discounts on 05 C'6s. Granted, they arent Z06's, but they are cheaper and have a wider market. IMHO
Old 12-28-2005, 11:56 AM
electra
Instructor

Default Reap what you sow

I have a friend who's father has a chevy store in a small town just north of Nashville. Back in 2001 they were allocated 1 Z06 and priced it at more or less 10K over MSRP. After 3 months it went down to 5K over. Another 3 months passed and it went to MSRP but by then the oil issue was well known. My friend told me they ended up trading the Z06 to another dealer and lost money due to the floor plan interest. The same store currently has 1 06 Z06 and has it jacked up 15K over MSRP. Some people never learn.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Z06 Availability