Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Driving impressions: C6Z06 vs. Porsche Turbo S

Old 11-01-2005, 10:32 AM
Zlicious
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Andi
One of AJ's friends has a 996TT with a chip to raise the boost level, a catback exhaust, etc... his car should be on par with or faster than a stock Turbo S. We all met up Saturday night. I can't talk about it or the moderators will delete this post... all I will say is.....

Andi

Sent ya a PM
Old 11-01-2005, 10:33 AM
PeterK
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '12
2012 Election Contest Winner

Originally Posted by Vette_Pilot
Excuse me, but why would the DIC tell you to re-start the car 5-6 times ? What's up with that?

WHat is UP with that? Need more info
Old 11-01-2005, 10:38 AM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 398 Likes on 239 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Zlicious
Ok, and for us young performance nuts out there, can you answer this question for us?

How would a C6Z do against a Turbo S from a 60-160 punch?..
I have raced my friends 911turbo S several times from similar speeds. I had 390 at the wheels till I lost my tune...now i dont know what it is. In this video you'll see my racing him. Him and I are neck and neck from all speeds. He thinks my car is slightly quicker but I know he doesn't shift as fast as could be done. So I'm sure the C6Z would pull away from the current turbo S. Once both cars are in 5th gear it may be a different story. The turbo doesn't die..at all..in 5th gear like our cars do.

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player....44A64A65C7&p=0

Mods..this was a run for a charity event sponsored by a local Ferrari dealership in which the cops shut down a long road by our beaches. We eventually caught up to some other cars but I assue you this wasn't illegal in anyway. No need to remove the link. Thank you!

you can go to www.ferrarili.com for proof of the above.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:52 AM
Zlicious
Drifting

Originally Posted by phantasms
I have raced my friends 911turbo S several times from similar speeds. I had 390 at the wheels till I lost my tune...now i dont know what it is. In this video you'll see my racing him. Him and I are neck and neck from all speeds. He thinks my car is slightly quicker but I know he doesn't shift as fast as could be done. So I'm sure the C6Z would pull away from the current turbo S. Once both cars are in 5th gear it may be a different story. The turbo doesn't die..at all..in 5th gear like our cars do.

Mods..this was a run for a charity event sponsored by a local Ferrari dealership in which the cops shut down a long road by our beaches. We eventually caught up to some other cars but I assue you this wasn't illegal in anyway. No need to remove the link. Thank you!

Yup, seen ur vids many times..this is the same Zlicious on the Z forums..

Ya, I got my answer to my question through a PM with Andi..
Old 11-01-2005, 11:00 AM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Vette_Pilot
Excuse me, but why would the DIC tell you to re-start the car 5-6 times ? What's up with that?
I may be mistaken...but he did not say the DIC said anything.

When you start the car the dash looks like an arcade game and it's pretty cool. It's neat to watch and would urge start/restarts for that reason alone.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:11 AM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Short-Throw

When you start the car the dash looks like an arcade game and it's pretty cool. It's neat to watch and would urge start/restarts for that reason alone.

yea....i think that's what he was trying to say
Old 11-01-2005, 11:12 AM
ajindfw
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Short-Throw

Exactly- entertainment purposes only.

Yes, C6Z launches harder, but Turbo with AWD is EASIER to launch hard.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:12 AM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Zlicious
Yup, seen ur vids many times..this is the same Zlicious on the Z forums..

Ya, I got my answer to my question through a PM with Andi..

well since i was nice enough to try and help anyway you could do a little copy paste on that PM of yours...thanks.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:14 AM
Zlicious
Drifting

well since i was nice enough to try and help anyway you could do a little copy paste on that PM of yours...thanks.
You got a PM
Old 11-01-2005, 11:23 AM
bernrex
Safety Car

Nice shots and sounds.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:44 AM
briano72
Heel & Toe

I had my c6 z51 on the track at a Porsche Club DE at motor sports ranch in Texas. I expected to out run the boxters, but i was able to out accelerate a 966 turbo. i was in the green run group, and MAYBE the guy in the 966 turbo was not accelerating as quickly as he could. but i would be about 30 feet behind him and the start of the straight, and by the time we got to the end of the straight i was on his tail.

I let an instructor take my car out in the blue run group and he passed EVERYONE

I can only image what the z06 is like to drive

Brian
Old 11-01-2005, 11:58 AM
EuG
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Andi
I can't talk about it or the moderators will delete this post... all I will say is.....

Andi
LOL

This is quite pathetic that we're treated like it's kindergarten.
All I will say is:
Old 11-01-2005, 12:12 PM
ajindfw
Racer

Originally Posted by briano72
I had my c6 z51 on the track at a Porsche Club DE at motor sports ranch in Texas. I expected to out run the boxters, but i was able to out accelerate a 966 turbo. i was in the green run group, and MAYBE the guy in the 966 turbo was not accelerating as quickly as he could. but i would be about 30 feet behind him and the start of the straight, and by the time we got to the end of the straight i was on his tail.

I let an instructor take my car out in the blue run group and he passed EVERYONE

I can only image what the z06 is like to drive

Brian

C6 Z51 will not pull a 996 Turbo, Turbo S or GT2.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:19 PM
vette6799
Team Owner

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by Painrace
I have driven the Enzo and the C6Z but not at the same time so it is hard to compare. However, I think once you learn the paddle shift the Enzo will be faster. However, paddle shifting in traffic takes some getting acustom too! I much prefer the C6Z in traffic, which is what it is ment for. A used Enzo is about $940,000. A new C6Z is about $70,000. We all know which one we want!

You can drive the C6Z and leave it overnight in a hotel parking lot. If you leave the Enzo in a hotel parking lot it most likely will be gone.
You keep your Z and I will throw in mine, which is a whole ten days old. Give me the Enzo. O-60 times for the Enzo are about half a second faster than the Z06, low 3's.

Most of the 430's, a lot of the 360's and more and more cars are going to paddle shifters.

And I will take my chances with it being gone in the morning...that's absurd.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:21 PM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by vette6799
...And I will take my chances with it being gone in the morning...that's absurd.

Old 11-01-2005, 02:12 PM
EuG
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

And I will take my chances with it being gone in the morning...that's absurd.
and I bet the chances of having Vette stolen are higher than Enzo.

What the hell are you gonna do with a stolen Enzo?
Sell it? LOL Joy ride it? ROFLMAO

The only way Enzo will get stolen if it’s getting exported somewhere into Middle East, etc.
Still I bet it would be so easy to track (1 of 399 EVER MADE )
Old 11-01-2005, 04:02 PM
Deep Blue
Racer

Originally Posted by Painrace
I have driven the Enzo and the C6Z but not at the same time so it is hard to compare. However, I think once you learn the paddle shift the Enzo will be faster. However, paddle shifting in traffic takes some getting acustom too! I much prefer the C6Z in traffic, which is what it is ment for. A used Enzo is about $940,000. A new C6Z is about $70,000. We all know which one we want!

You can drive the C6Z and leave it overnight in a hotel parking lot. If you leave the Enzo in a hotel parking lot it most likely will be gone.
I a C6 Z06 fan

But you got to drive an Enzo?
Old 11-01-2005, 05:35 PM
Brannon
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ajindfw
C6 Z51 will not pull a 996 Turbo, Turbo S or GT2.

The guy, most likely, did not know the limits of his car as well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Driving impressions: C6Z06 vs. Porsche Turbo S