Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Z06 MSRP .... GM's Whisper #

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 08:32 AM
bernrex
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Z06 MSRP .... GM's Whisper #

DANGER, DANGER ... 3rd Rail ... Can't touch this !

Chevy now has a 'working' # in mind. It is not final .. and can be influenced to some degree by public comment. They are all

Go to this link and register what you think of the car, what options you would like to see, and by all means ... what you think you could afford to pay.

Perhaps someone could also go back in time and find our Thread on "What price we would be willing to pay for Z06" ... and mail it to them. The link below only allows 2500 characters for comment ... so it would not be possible to email them the entire poll results @ this link.

Also, keep your comments 'reasonable' ... so your price vote will be taken seriously and be valued.

Now .... Drum Roll Please !>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Whisper # of 67500 was given out .... although, IMO, from context of conversation ... price will be less.

Link: www.chevrolet.com/contactus/emailus/index.jsp
Old 03-07-2005, 08:52 AM
Z064life
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by bernrex

Chevy now has a 'working' # in mind. It is not final .. and can be influenced to some degree by public comment. They are all

Go to this link and register what you think of the car, what options you would like to see, and by all means ... what you think you could afford to pay.

Perhaps someone could also go back in time and find our Thread on "What price we would be willing to pay for Z06" ... and mail it to them. The link below only allows 2500 characters for comment ... so it would not be possible to email them the entire poll results @ this link.

Also, keep your comments 'reasonable' ... so your price vote will be taken seriously and be valued.

Now .... Drum Roll Please !>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Whisper # of 67500 was given out .... although, IMO, from context of conversation ... price will be less.

67500 better be loaded.
GM is dreaming if they think they will sell 7000 cars at this base price. Damn, and the Z06 was such a good product. It will be a shame to see its demise
Old 03-07-2005, 09:03 AM
Zivnuska
Le Mans Master

I can live with 67,500 loaded but if the total starts with a 7x,xxx it will be a deal breaker.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:15 AM
fgordon
Racer

Originally Posted by Zivnuska
I can live with 67,500 loaded but if the total starts with a 7x,xxx it will be a deal breaker.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:24 AM
427CPE
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bernrex

That wraps up the new Z-bye bye. I saw a Cobra Mustang with new supercharger and smaller pulley run a 11.2@130 not long ago. I would be glad to pay 30k for this car just to stomp an overpriced Vette anyday. I will do it just to make light of the price.

Anyway, love the car, but the price has gotta come down or the dream is over.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:25 AM
WhiteDiamond
Race Director

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

You guys and a few others may live with a high 60K figure, but it will not support a vehicle built in 5K to 7K units a year. If the price isn't on par with a Verts price, like the last Z06, the car will become very low production and killed soon after, IMO.

Todd
Old 03-07-2005, 10:48 AM
Paul Vincent
Drifting

The longer this goes, the higher the sticker. The C6 Z06 simply is too good (offers too much performance in a vehicle which won't beat the hell out of you) for it to be priced much lower than a Viper. That's my $.02.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:51 AM
The DBK
Melting Slicks

That's about perfect.

I'll never understand this theory that a 500hp 427, aluminum-framed- dry-sump, 3100# race car for the street should be cheaper. GM should charge whatever the hell people will pay for it, and mark my words, they will sell several thousand at 68k. If anyone thinks otherwise, go to Chevrolet's website and build your own loaded Z51 Coupe. Not very far off now, is it? Carbon fiber panels, giant wheel-tire-brake combos, the ability to go 200mph...these things do not come cheap.

Lord, look how many guys started with a 50k Z06, and spent a whole hell of a lot more than 18k in mods to get an inferior overall product. Superchargers, turbos, strokers...they're everywhere. And if you can't afford the new Z, buy a C6 Z51. It's a C6, and it's 95% of the current Z, starting with a bigger motor.

Don't you guys think this is a hell of a car for 68k? Isn't it a better performance platform than the 85k SRT-10?
Old 03-07-2005, 11:00 AM
SteveJ
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The DBK
That's about perfect.

I'll never understand this theory that a 500hp 427, aluminum-framed- dry-sump, 3100# race car for the street should be cheaper. GM should charge whatever the hell people will pay for it, and mark my words, they will sell several thousand at 68k. If anyone thinks otherwise, go to Chevrolet's website and build your own loaded Z51 Coupe. Not very far off now, is it? Carbon fiber panels, giant wheel-tire-brake combos, the ability to go 200mph...these things do not come cheap.

Lord, look how many guys started with a 50k Z06, and spent a whole hell of a lot more than 18k in mods to get an inferior overall product. Superchargers, turbos, strokers...they're everywhere. And if you can't afford the new Z, buy a C6 Z51. It's a C6, and it's 95% of the current Z, starting with a bigger motor.

Don't you guys think this is a hell of a car for 68k? Isn't it a better performance platform than the 85k SRT-10?
There are those of us that would buy a version of the Z06 with a steel frame and without the carbon fiber parts for $60K. If GM wants to offer such a car they will have no trouble selling more than 7000 units per year. I don't recall a great demand for such exotic materials in the postings before the details of the Z06 were announced. If they keep the car the way it is and offer no alternatives in the $60K range, there will be many of us opting for a C6 Z51 or a C5 Z06.
Old 03-07-2005, 11:05 AM
427 C5
Burning Brakes

I posted at the GM web site:

In order for me to purchase the new ZO6,
the following criteria needs to be met:

1) targa top option (no charge)
2) price to have no more than a $10k premium over a similarly optioned base C6 coupe
3) black headlight surrounds (at least as an option)

If the new ZO6 does not offer the above,
I will have no choice but to purchase __________.

My name
My phone#'s.

Last edited by 427 C5; 03-07-2005 at 11:19 AM.
Old 03-07-2005, 11:11 AM
DJC C6
Pro

I'll bet we are within a few weeks of hearing some very credible "final" numbers from GM. First, I think this ball park price of $68 fully loaded is still a tick or two high. Is the car worth $68K? Probably. Is the Ford GT worth the $140K sticker or the $200K price after markup? Probably...at least it has been to some. But that doesn't mean that people will pay that price...at least not the numbers they are considering for production.

The only thing that would be a bigger mistake than pricing the ZO6 at or north of $68K (after taxes etc puts it over the $70K range) would be making it a "limited" production which I would consider anything less than what they producing now. Unfortunately, you don't get one without the other. In my opionioin, limiting production, therefore making it more Viper-esque, would kill the Corvette Racing brand at least in the eye of those of us that use the freeway ramps of America as our race track...which far out number those taking it to the race tracks of America.

Regardless, it is an awesome piece, one which I hope to have in my garage very soon. GM did an awesome job with this car, for that I thank you. Those of you, regardless of price, who are able to own this vehicle will be very lucky and likely own a piece of history.

DJC
Old 03-07-2005, 11:16 AM
TedDBere
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Got to be in the 50's for me to open my wallet...or else I'd rather pay 38,000 for an '04 Z06 to run for two years and then buy a used C6 Z06 when the market falls out....

Old 03-07-2005, 11:21 AM
etekberg
Drifting

Received 256 Likes on 122 Posts

$67k is way too much. That's over $70k out the door. Before anybody starts touting the car's feature set for the eighth million time, let me say that I think the car's specification are mostly worth the price. But it still is a Chevrolet.

I paid $48k ($51k out the door) for my 02 Z06 and that was at a fair discount from MSRP; certainly not the bargain basement prices of the 03 or 04 model year. $67k probably means $72k out the door. That's around a 40% increase. That's huge. That's a different league and out of mine and probably out of at least 60% of previous Z06 buyers. Cya...chevy.
Old 03-07-2005, 11:34 AM
Z064life
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by SteveJ
There are those of us that would buy a version of the Z06 with a steel frame and without the carbon fiber parts for $60K. If GM wants to offer such a car they will have no trouble selling more than 7000 units per year. I don't recall a great demand for such exotic materials in the postings before the details of the Z06 were announced. If they keep the car the way it is and offer no alternatives in the $60K range, there will be many of us opting for a C6 Z51 or a C5 Z06.
Or getting away from the Vette completly, which is what GM needs to worry about. GM doesn't care if those that can't afford a Z06 get a Z51. That is what they want. I for one, will not be buying a C6 Z51. If GM prices the Z06 in the mid 60s, I'll take my business elsewhere or buy a slightly used model, which doesnt' do anything for GM
Old 03-07-2005, 12:00 PM
1Day
Drifting

Originally Posted by Z064life
67500 better be loaded.
GM is dreaming if they think they will sell 7000 cars at this base price. Damn, and the Z06 was such a good product. It will be a shame to see its demise

Atleast i wouldnt be touching it, 10k premium is all they should charge in my opinion, but for ppl who are willing to pay more..good for them..
Old 03-07-2005, 01:48 PM
D-Train
Instructor

I agree, the Z should be a 10K option.
Old 03-07-2005, 01:50 PM
Bobby J
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

At $80K, it's a bargain. $67.5K isn't almost a gift from the automotive gods.

Get notified of new replies

To Z06 MSRP .... GM's Whisper #

Old 03-07-2005, 01:52 PM
D-Train
Instructor

Oh and another thing, if GM goes the 70K route I will start shopping for one at a dealer one year from now.

There will be many to choose from at discounted prices & 0% interest
Old 03-07-2005, 02:14 PM
pdvale
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by D-Train
Oh and another thing, if GM goes the 70K route I will start shopping for one at a dealer one year from now.

There will be many to choose from at discounted prices & 0% interest

I think that after the first 1000 have gone to the must haves, they would be nicely discounted...
Old 03-07-2005, 02:37 PM
Z064life
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by pdvale

I think that after the first 1000 have gone to the must haves, they would be nicely discounted...
They will only be discounted if GM keeps making them, despite poor sales. The way the Vette is setup to be made a BG, they won't be making any more of them then ordered, which could be a very limited number at the prices they are saying.

If GM doesn't keep base under $60K, I feel they are going the route of the ZR-1. Which after the 1st year, under ~800 were made (correct me on the numbers if I am wrong)

Quick Reply: [Z06] Z06 MSRP .... GM's Whisper #