Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Buying a C6 Z06 ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 01:02 AM
Richard EVO
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Buying a C6 Z06 ???

I am a newbie here. I drive a seriously modified '04 Mitsu EVO RS on the racetrack, and an '04 Audi S4 (340 hp V8) on the street. I am seriously considering replacing the Audi with the new Z06.

My questions are as follows:

1. What is this car likely to cost? $70,000?

2. When do you think it will be released?

3. I refuse to pay any dealer mark-up. How do I buy one for no more than MSRP, as soon as possible? Do I order it now?

4. How on earth can they sell a car with 6 lbs/bhp ratio for that price? Less than half the price of a Ford GT with roughly the same performance. WOW.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:06 AM
Minarets
Safety Car

1. $66,000-$73,000 depending on options (rumored price from Rick @ Les Stanford, right?)
2. whenever they make the transition from '05's to 06's
3. Forum Dealers
4. who knows
Old 02-03-2005, 05:55 AM
Another Yellow
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06

With the largest dealers having waiting lists over a year old, it is doubtful that you'll be able to buy one at MSRP without a long wait.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:44 AM
BBQ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Richard EVO
I am a newbie here. I drive a seriously modified '04 Mitsu EVO RS on the racetrack, and an '04 Audi S4 (340 hp V8) on the street. I am seriously considering replacing the Audi with the new Z06.

My questions are as follows:

1. What is this car likely to cost? $70,000?

2. When do you think it will be released?

3. I refuse to pay any dealer mark-up. How do I buy one for no more than MSRP, as soon as possible? Do I order it now?

4. How on earth can they sell a car with 6 lbs/bhp ratio for that price? Less than half the price of a Ford GT with roughly the same performance. WOW.
OK Richard, you have three posts so I'm going to cut you some slack. Look up in the toolbar and you will see a search function. Check it out. You will find all the information you need there.
Old 02-03-2005, 10:37 AM
yelloz06
Pro

Day late and a few dollars short.......LOL!!!!

You can't order now....just get on a list. Not all Chevy dealers will get them.

4th Quarter release, that's late summer early fall hopefully.....just like the C6 Corvette release
Ordering....probably in the 3rd Quarter

If you're NOT on a list........good luck walking in and getting one
Price.......still speculation
Read every thread every day!
Good luck!
Old 02-03-2005, 12:45 PM
Richard EVO
Pro

Originally Posted by BBQ
OK Richard, you have three posts so I'm going to cut you some slack. Look up in the toolbar and you will see a search function. Check it out. You will find all the information you need there.
I am so grateful.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:54 PM
BBQ
Burning Brakes

I am so grateful.
you should be. Maybe you learned something today.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:01 PM
Ryan Bell
Team Owner

Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by BBQ
you should be. Maybe you learned something today.
Ownage?

....but still true. *NEVER* post until you've searched first multiple times to no avail. That's not a suggestion...that's way you do things. Period.

Old 02-03-2005, 11:50 PM
Richard EVO
Pro

Whatta bunch of BS. I had a few questions. I ain't got time to search through 60,000 threads in the archive. You Corvette guys sure have a shiddy attitude toward someone who is serious about buying the top of the line car and just wanted some advice. GFY
Old 02-03-2005, 11:58 PM
vettewntd
Instructor

you guys seem to forget that the search function does not work very well here.
Old 02-04-2005, 03:17 AM
TexasBlueZ06
Advanced

Hey guys maybe he should have used the search function first but here is someone looking to own one of the cars we already know about and love. There are going to be more as they start to roll off the assembly line. Besides I don't think we want treat someone like they probably would at one of the Porche sites.

Old 02-04-2005, 03:30 AM
1Turbo
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Whatta bunch of BS. I had a few questions. I ain't got time to search through 60,000 threads in the archive. You Corvette guys sure have a shiddy attitude toward someone who is serious about buying the top of the line car and just wanted some advice. GFY
Don't take it Personal. Most of the Fellas are pretty

Every Guy here, was a Noob @ one Time.

Welcome
Old 02-04-2005, 04:04 AM
TTRotary
Race Director

Received 404 Likes on 160 Posts

Richard, I apologize for the attitude of some of our members, who apparently make themselves feel better by putting newbies down. Pathetic, but true. Most Vette guys, however are very cool.

Regarding your question: we have no idea what pricing will be since it has not been announced yet. Expect more than $55K and less than $80K. The first cars will be available most likely in the 4th quarter 2005, but many idiots will oudoubtedly be lined up to pay $10K and more over sticker, after having let dealers sit on $2K of their money for 9 months. The insanity will probably take at least 6 months to subside, so look realistically to get one mid-2006 at the very earliest if you insist on sticker or less. Personally, I'd wait another year and get a low miles used one. I suspect many wealthy weekend boulevardiers will buy the car because it is the latest thing, then realize it is too radical for them, then sell it. Their stupidity is your gain.

There is another solution, however. Please do not take this the wrong way, but a C5 Z06 or a C6 Z51 represents a substantial performance upgrade to either of your present cars, especially in the area of track performance. The C5 Z especially, is top dog at the track, even against the Vipers. You could score a mint Z06 for $33-36K and get in on the fun now. I would keep the A6 since it is classy 4D transportataion. Believe me, you'll instantly forget the Evo.

Hope this helps and welcome to the forum.

Last edited by TTRotary; 02-04-2005 at 04:12 AM.
Old 02-04-2005, 05:55 AM
jdmvette
Night Owl for life
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,242 Likes on 1,665 Posts

Originally Posted by BBQ
His name is Richard, but you're being the dick.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:24 AM
DannyKing
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BBQ
if you have nothing good to say just don't post, he is asking for opinions and not trouble....tired of folks like you on this forum
Old 02-04-2005, 12:22 PM
BlaznZ06
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 305 Posts

Look at it this way. The people here are not a salesperson for Chevy. People should be nice but they are not going to make any profit from you in dealing with your questions.

Play nice people.
Old 02-04-2005, 12:35 PM
TripleBlack99
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

i am glad you did not search richard. it is good to see who the z06 appeals to. there are lots of people here that are glad to give you the information without you having the search for it, and to the ones that dont want to: just shut up and go away, you are wasting your time posting that condescending bs.

Get notified of new replies

To Buying a C6 Z06 ???

Old 02-04-2005, 12:41 PM
FNC80
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05

In the same number of keystrokes, you could have politely answered his question without some ******** remark. Pathetic...
Old 02-04-2005, 04:28 PM
detsgt696
Instructor

If everybody just "searched",the number of posts would greatly be reduced on this forum. Sometimes,by some "newbie" re-phrasing a similiar topic,new threads and thoughts are spun-off. We all can benefit from each other,except for those who "know all". Lets all be civil and show what "true" Corvette Enthusiasts are made of.
Old 02-04-2005, 04:36 PM
Zig
Safety Car

Location: stafford country, va. Avatar: Me on turn 3 @ Bristol (The World's Fastest Half-Mile)
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

wow.. that was some reading... whew... glad to be done with that one.. and now some questions..

i seem to have forgotten, but will the 06 have heated seats ? i know the side bolster are stationary but have forgotten about the heat.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Buying a C6 Z06 ???