C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hooker Headers Blackheart C6 fitment

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2024, 11:35 PM
1320#me
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 149 Likes on 97 Posts
Default Hooker Headers Blackheart C6 fitment

I bought these headers a year and a half ago and am thinking this spring to have them installed. Is anyone out there run these on a base 2005 LS2? if so did you run into any problems with fitment or any heating issues on your plug wires? Starter heat issues? Thanks for any input.

Old 03-14-2024, 11:39 AM
Kenny94945
Le Mans Master

Received 446 Likes on 383 Posts

FWIW - Not specific to your product.

1) The steering shaft. There may be an indentation on the driver side header for clearance, once installed. Some modification to that indentation may be needed.
2) Spark plug wires. Yes, CoolSox (etal) heat/ burn protectors are items worth purchasing. Also depending on your wires, sometimes a 90 degree plug end cap vs a straight degree plug end cap can make a clearance difference.
3) Starter motor. No knowledge of issues, except others have commented about installing metal heat protecting shrouds. Because of Murphy's Law, I would purchase a shield to install while the exhaust is off.

Have fun with your project.
The following users liked this post:
1320#me (03-14-2024)
Old 03-14-2024, 11:36 PM
Corvetteexhaustsystems
Supporting Vendor

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

If you want a simple installation, you'll need to buy the hooker midpipe. Those will not mount to the oem midpipe. I do have Kooks headers and xpipe for C6 Corvette in stock and ready to ship if you can't find the midpipe or you don't want to wait for them to be built. The higher quality brands like ARH and Kooks won't do a slip fit connection to the midpipe btw. The less expensive options made in China tend to have funny fitment issues...Speed Engineering, Texas Speed, Hooker....
The following users liked this post:
1320#me (03-14-2024)
Old 03-14-2024, 11:41 PM
1320#me
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 149 Likes on 97 Posts

I had the Hooker Blackheart cat back exhaust installed a couple of years ago so it should match up fairly well.... or not we will see.

Old 03-14-2024, 11:45 PM
Corvetteexhaustsystems
Supporting Vendor

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by 1320#me
I had the Hooker Blackheart cat back exhaust installed a couple of years ago so it should match up fairly well.... or not we will see.
Ah yeah definitely not going to fit. The hooker midpipe is a square fitment to the oem exhaust manifolds while the hooker midpipe designed for hooker headers bows out and meets the hooker headers at an angle.
201-575-0861 (cell to call or text)
Your Ultimate Resource For Headers, Exhaust Systems & more for Corvette! I carry Corsa, Kooks, ARH, Borla, Billy Boat, Akrapovic, Capristo & Much More

Get notified of new replies

To Hooker Headers Blackheart C6 fitment

Quick Reply: Hooker Headers Blackheart C6 fitment