C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sending my head off to be "fixed"

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2024, 09:15 AM
Joe0121
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Default Sending my head off to be "fixed"

Sending my heads off to Richard at West Coast Racing Cylinder Heads to have the valve guide and valves replaced( They are already ported)

I want to make sure my ducks are in order

Im planning on ordering:

1. Head gaskets
2. Exhuast man gaskets
3. Assembly lube
4. stuff to do an oil change
5. Rocker trunion upgrade kit https://www.glennsautoperformance.co...on-upgrade-kit
6. Coolant

Im planning on replacing the bolts with ARP studs Is it possible to get the heads-on studs with the engine in the car?

Is there anything else ill need car has less than 4k miles on it

Old 01-17-2024, 10:53 AM
grinder11
Race Director

Received 3,606 Likes on 2,556 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe0121
Sending my heads off to Richard at West Coast Racing Cylinder Heads to have the valve guide and valves replaced( They are already ported)

I want to make sure my ducks are in order

Im planning on ordering:

1. Head gaskets
2. Exhuast man gaskets
3. Assembly lube
4. stuff to do an oil change
5. Rocker trunion upgrade kit https://www.glennsautoperformance.co...on-upgrade-kit
6. Coolant

Im planning on replacing the bolts with ARP studs Is it possible to get the heads-on studs with the engine in the car?

Is there anything else ill need car has less than 4k miles on it
This info will PROBABLY help you, but my LS7 is in a C5, so not totally certain. I have ARP studs, and the heads are easily R&R'd while the engine is in the car....
Old 01-17-2024, 11:05 AM
Joe0121
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by grinder11
This info will PROBABLY help you, but my LS7 is in a C5, so not totally certain. I have ARP studs, and the heads are easily R&R'd while the engine is in the car....

I had a C5 and I'm wondering if the engine is a bit further back in the C6Z. I remember doing the intake manifold in the ls1 to get to the oil sender was doable but took some fanagaling.
Old 01-22-2024, 06:33 PM
KennyPowers
Pro

Received 138 Likes on 105 Posts

I replace the lifter buckets if you're going GM (and the little bolt that holds them).. ALSO the coolant o-rings from the little crossover..

It'll help to pour coolant into the block before buttoning it up -> did it on my first one, skipped on the next and I had temps of 235 deg just trying to get it warmed up.. it was warmed up alright! I had to squeeze the bottom rad hose like a million times to get the coolant circulated

(really spend time cleaning the deck.. I use a razor blade lightly, denatured alcohol w/ microfiber cloth.. WIPE everything down)

OH and almost forgot.. get the ARP thread cleaners(not thread cutters!)
Old 01-23-2024, 06:35 AM
grinder11
Race Director

Received 3,606 Likes on 2,556 Posts

I have successfully reused my exhaust manifold gaskets several times. It has worked for me......
The following users liked this post:
KennyPowers (01-23-2024)
Old 02-01-2024, 04:29 AM
ws6outlaw
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

I've heard you may want to go with ti-mo intakes valves if you're getting bronze guides. Crn coating can do a number on them.

Get notified of new replies

To Sending my head off to be "fixed"

Quick Reply: Sending my head off to be "fixed"