C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any way to get SE headers shipped into Cali or local vendors ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2024, 10:23 PM
Ap2Iven
Heel & Toe

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Any way to get SE headers shipped into Cali or local vendors ?

Hey sorry for a dumb post , but this is the first time I’ve come across this issue… I’ve ordered intakes , turbos , de cat down pipes for my turbo application vehicles and ecu’s and I’ve never had an ordered get turned away because I’m in California. I ordered a Speed engineering long tube headers , Vband Clamps , ARP bolts ect… pretty much everything they offered $1200 later. Once I clicked ordered and paid with my debit card, one day later I get a notice of it being cancelled and now they want 5-7 days to refund money (but they had no issue instantly taking the funds out of my debit card) so now I’m curious if any vendors in so cal have them in stock or what do people do when they In counter this issue. I’ve heard of people dealing with this type of issue in the 2023 Acura integra forms but like I’ve said earlier… I’ve gotten away with ordering parts and never getting it denied …
Old 01-09-2024, 04:54 AM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,029 Likes on 2,183 Posts

Being Ca, and nothing have a carb number to run it on the street, may want to give them a call to state that all of the things ordered, are for off road use only.

Short of that, then start checking in state for off road use only shops that do carry parts.
Old 01-09-2024, 06:35 AM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,344 Likes on 952 Posts

Ship them to a friend or acquaintance that lives out of state. Have that guy ship it to you.
Old 01-09-2024, 07:39 AM
grinder11
Race Director

Received 3,606 Likes on 2,556 Posts

Originally Posted by old motorhead
Ship them to a friend or acquaintance that lives out of state. Have that guy ship it to you.
That would work. Sure, you'd pay shipping twice. But the headers are fairly inexpensive to begin with, and the old saying goes.....If ya wanna play, ya gotta pay. Shouldn't be this way, but I expect this situation will worsen as time goes by.
The following users liked this post:
old motorhead (01-09-2024)
Old 01-09-2024, 01:33 PM
gdmoore01
Burning Brakes

Received 554 Likes on 384 Posts

I am not a CA resident, but thought I had read that CA CARB had set new standards (past few years) and no modifications can be made to either the intake or exhaust that are not factory options. Correct me if wrong, but this would mean that headers will not pass a CARB review and would lead to a fail upon inspection on a vehicle meant to run on the street?

GD
Old 01-09-2024, 04:38 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,344 Likes on 952 Posts

Originally Posted by gdmoore01
I am not a CA resident, but thought I had read that CA CARB had set new standards (past few years) and no modifications can be made to either the intake or exhaust that are not factory options. Correct me if wrong, but this would mean that headers will not pass a CARB review and would lead to a fail upon inspection on a vehicle meant to run on the street?

GD
You're correct. Long tube headers won't pass close scrutiny in Cali. I'm guessing the OP has a plan....
Old 01-10-2024, 04:57 AM
sirdano
Drifting

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts

They also have a way to check if you tuned you ECU which will also fail you
Old 01-10-2024, 08:32 AM
grinder11
Race Director

We're still "Home of the brave," but far from the land of the free, as I'm sure CA residents know....
The following users liked this post:
samk6 (01-27-2024)
Old 01-10-2024, 08:51 AM
Ap2Iven
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by old motorhead
You're correct. Long tube headers won't pass close scrutiny in Cali. I'm guessing the OP has a plan....
this isn’t an issue in Cali, as most car enthusiasts people will either put the vehicle back to stock every other year just to pass the emissions test or just pay someone to pass it … so I’m not worried about the emissions part, just sucks it’s the first time I’ve encountered this situation with parts delivery.
Old 01-10-2024, 10:35 AM
Dave S
Retired & lovin' it!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 448 Likes on 335 Posts

As a side issue, paying by debit card vs. credit card puts you at the mercy of the vendor. Same with paying by some app like Zelle or Venmo.
With a credit card, you can dispute the charge, provide evidence of actions you've taken with the vendor & the CC company will go to bat for you to reverse the charge.
The following 2 users liked this post by Dave S:
HOXXOH (01-14-2024), Navy Blue 210 (01-10-2024)
Old 01-10-2024, 06:13 PM
grinder11
Race Director

Originally Posted by Ap2Iven
this isn’t an issue in Cali, as most car enthusiasts people will either put the vehicle back to stock every other year just to pass the emissions test or just pay someone to pass it … so I’m not worried about the emissions part, just sucks it’s the first time I’ve encountered this situation with parts delivery.
So, on the take smog inspectors, eh?? Almost as bad as crooked cops and clergymen. Who knew??!!
Old 01-12-2024, 06:35 PM
kanvasman
Melting Slicks

Received 803 Likes on 551 Posts

As for the 5-7 days for a refund, it might not be the vendor. It usually is the card processing companies that want to HOLD ONTO your money for a few days. i had a business and that was usually the case. They took it right away but when they had to give it back there were usually a few days. It will take just as long trying to work with the credit card company to get a refund, providing invoices etc.. It is the cost of doing business.
Old 01-14-2024, 02:35 AM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,029 Likes on 2,183 Posts

Originally Posted by grinder11
So, on the take smog inspectors, eh?? Almost as bad as crooked cops and clergymen. Who knew??!!
State cracked down on the shops that played the pay to pass game with fines and pulling business licenses, so not really an option any more. So only option is to play the back to stock for inspection (or at least after market parts with C.A.R.B #, then back to off road, until is time for next inspection and back to stock again.
Old 01-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Ap2Iven
Heel & Toe

I couldn’t find any local vendors that had the headers in stock, So I had to call SE and have them shipped to a friend that lives in Arizona, they got shipped from Cali to Arizona 😂… hopefully next weekend we are meeting half ways to exchange the parts
Old 01-14-2024, 12:24 PM
Nowanker
Melting Slicks
Pro Mechanic

Received 742 Likes on 547 Posts

California is vigorously pursuing vendors of non-CARB approved performance parts, with BIG fines involved.
Holding them liable for the scofflaws that use them on street vehicles, despite being labeled 'Off Road Only'...
Apparently, being guilty of someone else's crime, for which there is also apparently no defense.

As for finding 'a guy' to do your bogus smog...
Good luck! Getting harder and harder. My best friend wouldn't do one for me. He just looked at the ground and said "I can't, man. It's just too big a risk."
Not only are there fines involved, but also the (real) possibility of jail time.

Some things I miss about CA.
Doing the smog dance every 2 years isn't one of them!
Old 01-14-2024, 01:50 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,062 Likes on 1,506 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

There are three other options.
1. Use the Z06 manifolds with cats, since that'll pass the visual.
2. Register the car outside of CA and hope you don't get stopped for any other violations.
3. Move out of CA.

Get notified of new replies

To Any way to get SE headers shipped into Cali or local vendors ?

Quick Reply: Any way to get SE headers shipped into Cali or local vendors ?