C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vararam Snake Charmer intake maf tube included needed or not?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2023, 03:05 PM
zinsavage123
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Vararam Snake Charmer intake maf tube included needed or not?

Hey folks, looking to grab a vararam snake charmer intake, I see different ones though for the LS3 version. One comes with the maf aluminum tube and some do not....does it matter which I get? Do I have to get the one with the added maf tube piece due to the factory one not fitting or something?

Prices are all over the damn place cause of it too, see these things all over the internet from 300 to 550 bucks lol.

For my 09 Z51
Old 01-01-2024, 05:35 PM
Suehog6060
Advanced

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

My 2011 GS had a Vararam on it when I bought it and thankfully the original intake in the back of car. The Vararam had the aluminum MAF and the original intake had the plastic MAF.
The previous installer did a bad job cutting shroud for Vararam and I was concerned about cooling issues due to shroud plus the size of the Vararam intake in front of the radiator.
I covered the hole in the shroud and replaced the Vararam with the original intake. I left a small gap at bottom of shroud to get more fresh cool air to air filter.

The Vararam is not for me but I do see where there may be some performance gains due to the ram air effect. The air filter had some rust on it so it must have had some water get to it.
The following users liked this post:
grpweld (01-08-2024)
Old 01-12-2024, 07:46 PM
jmule
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I had one on my 07 and just used the original MAF. Also purchased a pre-cut shroud and glad I bought it!
Old 01-14-2024, 01:06 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,062 Likes on 1,506 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by zinsavage123
Hey folks, looking to grab a vararam snake charmer intake, I see different ones though for the LS3 version. One comes with the maf aluminum tube and some do not....does it matter which I get? Do I have to get the one with the added maf tube piece due to the factory one not fitting or something?

Prices are all over the damn place cause of it too, see these things all over the internet from 300 to 550 bucks lol.

For my 09 Z51
The basic Vararam will function just fine with your OEM maf. A better choice of filters than the oiled mesh, are available. Do a search using "HOXXOH" included in your search terms. I've written several on that subject.

Get notified of new replies

To Vararam Snake Charmer intake maf tube included needed or not?

Quick Reply: Vararam Snake Charmer intake maf tube included needed or not?