C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drivetrain noise

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2023, 11:15 AM
silver94lt1
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Drivetrain noise

Hello,

The other day at work, my car was idling in neutral and I heard two small clunk sounds about a couple minutes from each other. I drove home (45 minutes) no issues. The next day it drove fine until I turned to pull into my driveway and it made a clunk sound again and it felt like something shook near the rear. Yesterday I started it up and backed it out the garage to see if it would make the clunk sound again but it didn’t. I’m taking it to get looked at but I wanted to see what you guys think it may be or if anyone has experienced this. Torque tube was rebuilt two years ago with the clutch replacement. Maybe it’s the transmission going out or transmission mounts? Thanks for any suggestions!
Old 07-11-2023, 11:34 AM
ClothSeats
Drifting

Received 797 Likes on 515 Posts

This is a tough one to comment on without experiencing it first hand.
Old 07-11-2023, 09:15 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,026 Likes on 2,180 Posts

As stated, hard to tell, and could just be a loose bolts in the works that needs to be tightened back up.

you have the access port on back side of the TT to check its bolts to the coupler plate (bolts 12 and 12, with 5 being the port cover. port 5 to check bolt 4) you can remove to check the bolts.

Get notified of new replies

To Drivetrain noise

Quick Reply: Drivetrain noise