C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power steering recall... leak

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2023, 07:28 PM
MYBAD79
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Default Power steering recall... leak

Remember that recall in 2009 or so??? So I bought my C6 in 2008, 2 years old. 18K miles.... I never got a note from them about the short PS pressure hose cracking so now in 2023 at 86K miles it leaks.... I bought the upgraded hose and I'll just put it in ... no big deal... would have been funny though to show up at the dealership and say hey, it's been 15 years but I need you to fix this on your dime..... lol....
Old 06-23-2023, 01:56 AM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,028 Likes on 2,182 Posts

Recall is a recall, and does not have a time limit for the most part.
So on that note, go to the GM recall page, and see what recalls are still open on the car.

As for the hose, think is was more of a TSB for the ones that did not have the power steering cooler, so kind of conditional instead. Hence GM stop making the short hose a long time again, and the replacement has been the long hose that follows the cooler path instead.
Myself, if you need to change the hose, easy enough to add the oem cooler in at the same time.

The following users liked this post:
mikeCsix (07-01-2023)

Quick Reply: Power steering recall... leak