C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OnStar/Bluetooth Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2023, 12:36 PM
deedward
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default OnStar/Bluetooth Questions

Hello All—

I just purchased a 2009 Convertible, Z51,4LT, Automatic. Neither the OnStar nor the Bluetooth are working.

I have done some checking and found that the OnStar fuse was missing so I replaced it but it didn’t help. I have checked the wiring to the mirror and antenna and it appears to be intact. The wiring to the module above the passenger footwell appears to be intact also.

My first question is does OnStar need to be functional in order for Bluetooth to work? I really don’t care if OnStar works, but I want Bluetooth to work.

If OnStar is necessary for Bluetooth to work, I’m wondering if I have either a bad mirror or a bad module.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any information!

Dan
Old 06-17-2023, 03:43 PM
hubes
Burning Brakes

Received 79 Likes on 60 Posts

Both Bluetooth and onstar are controlled from the same module, and therefore run off the same fuse. If the fuse was removed, it's possible someone did it to disable onstar. Some people also remove the module. There's a way to disable onstar without disabling Bluetooth, but maybe it was done wrong. Do a search about how to disable onstar, and compare that with what your car has

Quick Reply: OnStar/Bluetooth Questions