C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Circle D Level III 6L80E Install

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2023, 03:27 PM
jxhunte
Pro

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Circle D Level III 6L80E Install

Happy Easter! My 6L80E just returned from Circle D Transmissions following a Level III build. I removed the transmission and shipped it off to CDT February 10, 2023 because I was having trouble with consistent shifts at WOT. When attempting to connect the engine coolant pipes to the transmission I noticed that the coolant seals are capped off and not open as I expected. My assumption is that the coolant pipes push through the closed off seals when torquing down the coolant line retaining bolt. I will call CDT tomorrow to confirm but thought I would ask if any Forum Members know if this is in fact the procedure.
Old 04-09-2023, 09:06 PM
subfloor@centurytrans
Supporting Vendor

Received 777 Likes on 506 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C6 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by jxhunte
Happy Easter! My 6L80E just returned from Circle D Transmissions following a Level III build. I removed the transmission and shipped it off to CDT February 10, 2023 because I was having trouble with consistent shifts at WOT. When attempting to connect the engine coolant pipes to the transmission I noticed that the coolant seals are capped off and not open as I expected. My assumption is that the coolant pipes push through the closed off seals when torquing down the coolant line retaining bolt. I will call CDT tomorrow to confirm but thought I would ask if any Forum Members know if this is in fact the procedure.
They're probably just there to prevent any dirt from getting inside.
Old 04-09-2023, 10:45 PM
jxhunte
Pro

Support Corvetteforum!

The transmission was returned with a plastic fitting that plugged off both coolant ports and when the plastic fitting was removed, there were these rubber plugs which resemble coolant seals that pop up when you google 6L80E coolant pipe seals. My first instinct was to pierce the rubber plugs and remove them but after careful inspection, it looked like it was perhaps something that is supposed to stay put. After I have an opportunity to talk with Circle D in the morning I will report back. Perhaps they are just dust plugs as mentioned but I didn't want to screw up as I have been known to do from time to time.
Old 04-10-2023, 10:23 AM
jxhunte
Pro

Support Corvetteforum!

Just got off the phone with CDT and they confirmed that the rubber plugs that cap off the coolant ports are in fact seals that the coolant pipes pierce through when tightening the coolant line mounting bolt. Not sure if this is something new or not but if you find yourself in this same position, don't dig them out or you will be screwed.
The following 2 users liked this post by jxhunte:
JackDidley (04-12-2023), tektrans (04-15-2023)

Get notified of new replies

To Circle D Level III 6L80E Install

Quick Reply: Circle D Level III 6L80E Install