C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Current Recommendations for LS2 Throttle Body Porting Service

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2022, 09:50 AM
Andy H
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Current Recommendations for LS2 Throttle Body Porting Service

Hi all,

I'm upgrading my C5 with a H/C and would like to have a LS2 throttle body ported (purchased from a member here) by a reputable shop. I've quickly searched the forum and found that some of the recommended shops are either no longer around or in the case of one shop, away for a a couple of weeks. The intent is to ship the TB to the shop, for them to perform the work and ship the finished TB back to me. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a shop currently performing this type of work? Thanks for your consideration and feedback.
Old 08-06-2022, 04:18 AM
Boss 57
Burning Brakes

Received 175 Likes on 156 Posts

Have you tried Mamo Motorsports (I believe it's called). Tony Mamo ports FAST intakes (among heads), I'm sure he'd do a number on an LS2TB.
The following users liked this post:
double06 (08-06-2022)
Old 08-06-2022, 02:52 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,061 Likes on 2,198 Posts

Better question, why the porting, since it just screws up the percentage vain opened flow amounts.
So yes, will flow more air for the initial vain opening percentage if your using the gas pedal like an on/off switch, but cause flat areas in the larger percentage amounts if your trying to road course the car instead.

Bottom line, if your going to have someone port a TB, make sure they bench flow test it, and give you the print out of the percentage flow charge rates of vain from zero to 100% open, to make sure they did not create flat spots in opening flow rates.

Get notified of new replies

To Current Recommendations for LS2 Throttle Body Porting Service

Quick Reply: Current Recommendations for LS2 Throttle Body Porting Service