C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver door is dead :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2022, 01:40 PM
jusmillz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver door is dead :(

Headache central 😵‍💫
my driver door is dead, the door doesn’t open from inside or outside , window control is dead . Only thing works is the memory seats button and lock/unlock button . Passenger door works fine. I’ve looked at the driver door fuse it seems good . Any help ?
Old 03-05-2022, 04:48 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

You may need a hew door latch assembly.
check out this thread. It has the info that you need tontroubleshoot.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-switches.html
Old 03-05-2022, 05:02 PM
sramzzz
Drifting

Received 974 Likes on 626 Posts

It could be what 4Sumerz said but with you saying the window switches don’t work either it sounds like you have lost power to parts of the door. I had an issue like this on my truck and unplugged the connectors, cleaned them, and put back together with a little dialectic grease. I think you actually have to pull the door panel to get the switch housing out. It also could be a frayed wire in the loom that goes from the door through the jamb.
Old 03-05-2022, 05:29 PM
JasonAndrew
Safety Car

Received 270 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by jusmillz
Headache central 😵‍💫
my driver door is dead, the door doesn’t open from inside or outside , window control is dead . Only thing works is the memory seats button and lock/unlock button . Passenger door works fine. I’ve looked at the driver door fuse it seems good . Any help ?
Did you ohm out the fuse? Perhaps More than one fuse?
Old 09-30-2022, 11:58 PM
bsarria
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solution!

I know this is an older post , but I wanted to drop this if someone is trying to troubleshoot this problem my friend had with his C6
Problem:
Driver door dead, will not open from inside or outside.window does not work up or down. security light is dim or completely out, driver mirror does not work. Passenger window and mirror works perfectly.

Solution:
the window regulator and motor has a control module on it also. when i opened the module it was full of water. luckily he saved his old unit when the cable went bad and had to replace it. I disconnected the control module from the old unit and installed in the existing regulator and everything came back to life.
To sum up, if you have these symptoms just replace the regulator and motor (about $350 on Amazon).
I hope this helps someone that has this issue,

Last edited by bsarria; 10-29-2022 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Spelling

Get notified of new replies

To Driver door is dead :(

Quick Reply: Driver door is dead :(