C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which injector seals?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2022, 03:14 PM
Legal Alien
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default which injector seals?

Not posted for a while but have a bit of a simple problem I can't find an answer to? I have a 2005 LS2 which has a FAST92mm intake.I took the injectors out a year or so ago and had them serviced and bench tested to try and resolve a previous issue. They returned to me with a clean bill of health and new seals top and bottom.

I have developed a bit of an issue with a couple of the top seals leaking, one pretty seriously which has put the wind up me to say the least! I don't fancy fuel spraying around the inside of the engine bay lol!.

On removal i've noticed a couple of the seals look like they have been nipped when I refitted the fuel rail. It's no excuse but I was in a bit of a rush - lesson learnt but could they be the wrong one's?

I am wishing to replace all the seals and take a bit more care putting it all back together next time but I can't seem to find a clear answer to which seals I need? The injectors have a blue marking to them, I have no reason to believe they are anything but the stock fitment but I know little about injectors.

Do I just want the standard GM replacements for my fuel injectors to mate up to the rail and FAST92?

thanks, sorry for daft question ....
Old 02-07-2022, 08:49 PM
Keppler
Safety Car

Received 436 Likes on 305 Posts

Stock o-ring kit would be fine. The o-rings are designed for temperature and fuel ratings. The material is probably Viton which is an elastomer rubber.

Lightly grease the o-rings with a silicone grease for easier installation.

If you want an education on o-rings download the Parker o-ring manual.

O-ring sizes are standard and are listed in the manual. Make sure the o-ring size is correct.

Last edited by Keppler; 02-07-2022 at 08:56 PM.
Old 02-11-2022, 09:25 PM
jonjoy
Burning Brakes

Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

injector connection, google it. they got the orings
Old 02-16-2022, 05:47 AM
Legal Alien
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the replies.

I ordered up a set of the AC Delco one's from Rock Auto in the end and they arrived over here very quickly. Car now back up and running - thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To which injector seals?

Quick Reply: which injector seals?