C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 gauges removed. Is it okay okay to start

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2021, 08:57 AM
Rayzzz
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Default C6 gauges removed. Is it okay okay to start

I'm getting ready to change the gauge faces and will be working on several other things at the same time. My question is with the gauges and Center console removed is it okay to start the car up?

My Corvette likes my money

Last edited by Rayzzz; 11-27-2021 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 11-27-2021, 10:36 AM
tommyc6z06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 698 Likes on 445 Posts
2023 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified

Originally Posted by Rayzzz
I'm getting ready to change the gauge faces and will be working on several other things at the same time. My question is with the gauges and Center console removed is it okay to start the car up?

My Corvette likes my money
I'm fairly certain it'd be ok. I think, the gauges instructions even say to cycle the car 'on' to zero them out while setting them ...so it should be the same if it was actually running.
One tip, you'll almost be certain to try aligning them a couple of times before getting it right, so don't push the needles all the way down until you're sure you got them perfect.
And I've definitely started mine with the console out, albeit on a different project.

Good luck
Old 11-27-2021, 09:21 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 713 Likes on 494 Posts

Im pretty sure my care has been run without the cluster installed. I had the entire harness out and ran it occasionally as I tried not to brick it....
Old 11-28-2021, 03:40 AM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,030 Likes on 2,183 Posts

car will start and run, but don't put any distance on the car with the IPC disconnected, since mileage is kept in a few modules, and if the mileage for the IPC needs to be corrected since it off from the other modules, only Ac Delco will write the VIC firmware file for the dealer to reflash it to correct it.
Hence quick search of mileage in the BCM will give the correct mileage that the IPC should be corrected to, and you really want that thoese match between the two.
The following users liked this post:
tommyc6z06 (11-28-2021)

Get notified of new replies

To C6 gauges removed. Is it okay okay to start

Quick Reply: C6 gauges removed. Is it okay okay to start