C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dropped BOTV tanks: How can I hook up the cross over tube??

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2021, 03:18 PM
at88mph
Team Owner

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Dropped BOTV tanks: How can I hook up the cross over tube??

OK, I think I seriously screwed up this time… I dropped both tanks to replace both pumps. However of course now both tanks are out and neither is hooked up to the crossover tube. Is there any way I can make sure the tubes are aligned correctly when I’m putting the crossover tube back into one of the tanks? I’ve been trying to hook it up to the passenger side but of course if it’s not perfectly straight, I’ll never hook it up and could also break something. Any suggestions ?
Old 10-09-2021, 06:02 PM
torquetube
Le Mans Master

Received 655 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by at88mph
OK, I think I seriously screwed up this time… I dropped both tanks to replace both pumps. However of course now both tanks are out and neither is hooked up to the crossover tube. Is there any way I can make sure the tubes are aligned correctly when I’m putting the crossover tube back into one of the tanks? I’ve been trying to hook it up to the passenger side but of course if it’s not perfectly straight, I’ll never hook it up and could also break something. Any suggestions ?
Generously lubricate all the O-rings with engine oil. Practice plugging in the crossover outside the car with the tanks on the ground.

Also, if you haven't already, verify that the level senders are installed properly by checking their electrical resistance with the tanks right side up (should read empty) and upside down (should read full).
Old 10-10-2021, 07:12 PM
3X2
Melting Slicks

Received 466 Likes on 361 Posts

The crossover tube has a yellow decal on it.This goes to the left tank.The arrows on the decal face down. When I do tanks, I install the left one first, the evap tube, the crossover, then the right side tank. I also power up the pump right after installing the left tank just to make sure it works. Use lots of lube on the tank o-rings and crossover tubes.

Get notified of new replies

To Dropped BOTV tanks: How can I hook up the cross over tube??

Quick Reply: Dropped BOTV tanks: How can I hook up the cross over tube??