C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Faster throttle blips in 2005 C6 Manual

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2021, 08:54 AM
Flexen97
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Faster throttle blips in 2005 C6 Manual

Hello all,

I am new to the corvette world, I am 2 weeks into ownership of my first. I have searched the forums and come across a number of threads discussing throttle response and auto throttle blips. I haven't come across any discussions around making the RPM return faster when the throttle is blipped.

1. Can someone help me find the thread if this has already been discussed?

2. If there isn't a previous discussion, does anyone have an idea of how I can reduce the 3 second RPM float to zero?

Thank you!
Old 03-19-2021, 09:34 AM
tommyc6z06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 699 Likes on 446 Posts
2023 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified

Originally Posted by Flexen97
Hello all,

I am new to the corvette world, I am 2 weeks into ownership of my first. I have searched the forums and come across a number of threads discussing throttle response and auto throttle blips. I haven't come across any discussions around making the RPM return faster when the throttle is blipped.

1. Can someone help me find the thread if this has already been discussed?

2. If there isn't a previous discussion, does anyone have an idea of how I can reduce the 3 second RPM float to zero?

Thank you!
I had the same question (Z06) and my local tuner says he can 'fix' this. I will visit him this spring. We'll see...
Old 03-19-2021, 10:17 AM
Flexen97
8th Gear

I figured a tuner could do it, I wonder how much that costs...

Please let me know what you find out!
Old 03-19-2021, 10:55 AM
tommyc6z06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

My local tuner here in Montreal quoted CAD$400 (including HP tuners fee).
since I’ll be there, I’ll also have him eliminate my CAGS skip shift feature and inquire about a ‘tune’ on my stock car...maybe for our 93 octane.
Purportedly it will pick up a little bit even in a stock engine with it...although that’s really not my goal.
I’ll know more in a month or so
Old 04-07-2021, 02:42 PM
tommyc6z06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by tommyc6z06
My local tuner here in Montreal quoted CAD$400 (including HP tuners fee).
since I’ll be there, I’ll also have him eliminate my CAGS skip shift feature and inquire about a ‘tune’ on my stock car...maybe for our 93 octane.
Purportedly it will pick up a little bit even in a stock engine with it...although that’s really not my goal.
I’ll know more in a month or so
as promised, here's my update. I was there this morning and its fixed! No more 1.5 sec rpm hang when I blip the throttle to downshift! It finally feels right and greatly enhances enjoyment of driving a stick. He also unchecked the CAGS skip-shift (which I had already tricked with a fuse, but why not do it right).

I convinced myself to have him do a custom tune on my otherwise stock car in the very near future. Either on his dyno or at the track if our Covid rules allow crew/guests (currently they don't).
He says there's about 25-30 very safe hp in my LS7, on 93 octane. If I need to use 91, it'll adjust accordingly. He tunes a lot of cars.
Old 04-07-2021, 05:22 PM
Flexen97
8th Gear

Originally Posted by tommyc6z06
as promised, here's my update. I was there this morning and its fixed! No more 1.5 sec rpm hang when I blip the throttle to downshift! It finally feels right and greatly enhances enjoyment of driving a stick. He also unchecked the CAGS skip-shift (which I had already tricked with a fuse, but why not do it right).

I convinced myself to have him do a custom tune on my otherwise stock car in the very near future. Either on his dyno or at the track if our Covid rules allow crew/guests (currently they don't).
He says there's about 25-30 very safe hp in my LS7, on 93 octane. If I need to use 91, it'll adjust accordingly. He tunes a lot of cars.
Thank you for the follow up!! Lingenfelter is just down the street from me, I will see if they are interested in doing this tune for me. Have fun with your vette!
The following users liked this post:
tommyc6z06 (04-07-2021)
Old 04-09-2021, 01:56 PM
fred_S
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Porting your throttle body will produce a significantly faster throttle response, it's not that hard, plenty of DIY guides online.
Old 04-09-2021, 02:18 PM
tommyc6z06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

This is not ‘throttle response’. That’s a different thing altogether.

Having said that, if anything, I find that almost too acute for track use...say trying to feather through a long medium speed sweeper at the edge of grip in 3rd, using maintenance throttle at say 4K.
I really wouldn’t want any sharper response in that range than it already has.

I guess the baselines for these things may vary by model.

But the slow-to-drop rpm issue is not exclusive to these cars. It’s very common on Subarus, Honda’s, etc.
It makes low speed rev-match heel and toe downshifts awkward.
I thought it might be a pollution thing, but my tuner suggested it may be for peeps who just put the car in a lower gear without a throttle blip. Dunno

Get notified of new replies

To Faster throttle blips in 2005 C6 Manual

Quick Reply: Faster throttle blips in 2005 C6 Manual