C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NPP Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2021, 09:07 PM
dcolehome
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Default NPP Question

I installed a set of BBE Fusion exhaust to replace my OEM NPP. When I start the car, the valves close after a few seconds as they should. However, they don't sound like they open when I reach >3500rpm. When I turn off the car, I hear the valves open as they should. No MTW setup or other modifications to the exhaust. Any thoughts as to the problem?
Old 02-21-2021, 11:17 PM
Old Country
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

If you're concerned the valves aren't opening, then I'd:
Pull the NPP fuse, start the car (valves stay open), drive the car, hear how it sounds.
Stop the car, put the fuse back in, start the car, (valves will close), then drive the car, hear how it sounds.
It should definitely sound quieter if they're staying closed vs before when the fuse was pulled (valves open).... If the sound remains the same (quiet) at all rpm, then the BBE system isn't working or hooked up correctly.

If you're saying the valves DO come open, but at a much higher rpm than 3,500, then it would seem the diagram system in the BBE Fusion is stronger than OEM, and I'd be calling BB for guidance.
Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

Last edited by Old Country; 02-21-2021 at 11:19 PM.
Old 02-22-2021, 12:29 AM
dcolehome
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the input. I know the sound they make when open. I pulled the vacuum tubes and the sound is very noticeably louder. I'll call BB and see what they say may be the problem.

Get notified of new replies

To NPP Question

Quick Reply: NPP Question