C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Head light problem.....FRUSTRATING!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2020, 07:21 PM
phylrick
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Gotta thank you, Gary, for stickin' with me. I think I have it all now....understand how it works and just purchased a replacement ballast. It should come in a few days so I will post and let everyone know how this old man made out!!!

I did find out that to have the dealer fix this would run $350-$450 bucks!!!!!! Ah yes....who said Corvettes were cheap to fix!!! Doin' it yourself sure keeps the wife happy!!!

Ever notice that every time you see a nice Vette drive by the driver has totally gray hair!!!!!

Thanks again Gary.......

Rick
The following users liked this post:
SilverC54me (11-22-2020)
Old 11-23-2020, 03:06 PM
John Harry
Melting Slicks

Received 437 Likes on 270 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by phylrick
I turn 73 on the 8th.....does that mean I'll get even dumber????
I hit 75 in June. In my experience, yes, you'll continue to get dumber. You'd think there would be a floor to dumbness, but in reality it just goes on and on.
Old 11-28-2020, 01:39 PM
phylrick
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 6spdg37s
I think the bulb has the igniter on the d1s, the d2s the igniter is seperatae or part of the ballast

Well Gary..... after all my idiocy from not knowing there are TWO ballasts to these things I replaced the buried one and wha-la.....I have lights!!! I wonder why the heck they have two ballasts ....one to fire one to run???? Why not just like the HID's I put in my HIGH BEAMS....those just have the one ballast and a regular HID bulb.

Oh well ya learn something new every day, no matter how ancient you are!!!! Have a great holiday EVERYONE!!!!

Rick
Old 11-28-2020, 01:42 PM
phylrick
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Default I am getting dumber the older I get!!!!

Originally Posted by John Harry
I hit 75 in June. In my experience, yes, you'll continue to get dumber. You'd think there would be a floor to dumbness, but in reality it just goes on and on.

John.....you aren't making my aging process any better!!!!!!! I think people like us do get dumber as we age but think of the wisdom we have to pass on!!!! Like keep your Corvette under 220 or the front end lifts without a foil !!!
Old 11-28-2020, 05:43 PM
John Harry
Melting Slicks

Received 437 Likes on 270 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14

I had wisdom to pass on but I forget what it was.

Quick Reply: Head light problem.....FRUSTRATING!!