C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Battery

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2020, 08:47 PM
jimy
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default 2007 Battery

My base 2007 transitioned from DD to once a week to every other week. Once I get the truck paid for, Corvette gets an over haul. Mean while, as it sits in the garage, the battery drained. How much power is drained by it just sitting there? I made the first mistake of not putting a trickle charge on it. It's probably 4 years or older. I tried charging it, no good. I tried jumping and it wouldn't start. When I did try to jump it, all kinds of lights came on and didn't start. It's showing 10V on the meter. Does an under powered battery act like that? Is it as simple as getting a new battery? Anything serious to be concerned about? Thanks
Old 10-01-2020, 07:39 AM
Kenny94945
Le Mans Master

Received 446 Likes on 383 Posts

From my experience, with an older battery, it can drain to a no start in about 6 days.
Some times when a battery has been fully discharge, recharging and retention of the charge is compromised.
Jumping and no start is interesting and I do not have a comment other then disconnect the battery from the cables and try charging with a full charger then switch to a tender.

FWIW
I'd buy a new battery, install it and place on a tender if driving the Vette every other week.
If storing longer, I'd still get the new battery yet keep the battery cables off it and install the tender until it's driving time...or some process like that.

Dead batteries suck....good luck in your project.
Old 10-02-2020, 10:35 PM
NY09C6
Le Mans Master

Received 627 Likes on 363 Posts

When my battery failed I was also unable to jump the car. The voltage drop over the cables was too much when the starter engaged. You can jump start a c6 with a battery that is low on charge, but not one in total failure state.
Old 10-03-2020, 12:50 AM
GettnBetter
Pro

Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

A 5$ float charger. Pop open the rear lid and hook it up.

Get notified of new replies

To 2007 Battery

Quick Reply: 2007 Battery