C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anti-lock/traction control delete info early c6

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2020, 10:40 AM
crf538
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Anti-lock/traction control delete info early c6

This is only for the early c6 -2008, the newer ones seem significantly different looking at the wiring diagrams

I'd did some searching for this info and didn't have any luck so I figured I would make a note for people looking in the future. Please note that this is not a thread to discuss whether you should or should not have abs and traction control, everyone can make that decision on their own. In my case I've had the brake lines plumbed around the abs module into a second master cylinder for a hydraulic handbrake for a while, the abs module was just there because the car wont start without it. The car is a drift car and has little use for any sort of stability/traction control. Again...this is not a thread to discuss your thoughts on drifting, I enjoy it and feel like it's a skill that improves my car control skills and make me a better overall driver. If you're not using traction control or abs that module is in a terrible place for weight and also it just gets in the way when you try to work on stuff.

The reason the car won't start without that module is because it completes the communications bus, there is a (+) and (-) in and out going to pins b9 -b12 into the connector (the pins are marked). The (-) sides are tan, the (+) sides are tan with a black stripe. Jumper the two tan wires b9-b10 together in the plug, do the same for the two (+) tan with black stripe wires b11-b12 et viola! The car will start again, every light will be on, but the things you need to go fast work will work. Take out that module and bracket and find someone that needs one to sell it to!

NOTE: THERE IS NO LONGER ANY TRACTION CONTROL, THE ECM WILL NOT PULL POWER, YOU WILL NEVER AGAIN GET ON TRACK AND HAVE THE TRACTION CONTROL SURPRISE YOU BECAUSE YOU FORGOT TO TURN IT OFF.....GET RID OF THE BUTTON IT DOES NOTHING NOW

All of the wheel sensors, the yaw sensor, the steering wheel speed sensor etc are wired directly to that module so now that its gone those sensors and their associated wiring can be removed, The Vehicle Speed sensor is on the top of the diff so you will still have a working speedometer.

looking at the wiring diagrams I think the only things that need to be in that buss are the ecm and the bcm, the wire color scheme is the same throughout (tan and tan with a black stripe) in the future I might run those wires straight so I can get rid of SOOO many unnecessary things.

HAVE FUN!

photo credit @mr_chadwick_micheal

The following users liked this post:
crimlwC6 (11-09-2020)
Old 07-05-2020, 06:08 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 713 Likes on 494 Posts

Good you found a solution....you have unique needs. Many of us would love to ditch the BCM but keep ABS. The key fob is my personal nemesis
Old 07-06-2020, 05:38 PM
crf538
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by davidfarmer
Good you found a solution....you have unique needs. Many of us would love to ditch the BCM but keep ABS. The key fob is my personal nemesis
Yeah that needs to go as well haha, maybe i'll try to get rid of that next.
Old 07-07-2020, 11:21 PM
Silver c6 z-51
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Not sure if this would work for you guys but I just installed a LG Track Box. This automatically turns off the TC at every start up while disabling the TPS sensors since I’m running drag radials at 22 lbs.

Last edited by Silver c6 z-51; 07-07-2020 at 11:22 PM.
The following users liked this post:
98Gambler (07-11-2020)

Get notified of new replies

To Anti-lock/traction control delete info early c6

Quick Reply: Anti-lock/traction control delete info early c6